Thread: Extension for filing defence

• Display

Site Owner

Mentions
    1848 Post(s)

Default Extension for filing defence

To inform the court in writing;

Email something along these lines to [email protected]

SUBJECT: xxxxCLAIMANTxxxx v xxxxDEFENDANTxxxxx CASE NO: XXXXXX - EXTENSION OF TIME FOR FILING DEFENCE
    -------------------------------------------------------------
    Dear Sirs

The defendant and the claimant in claim XXXXXX have agreed that the period for filing a defence specified in rule 15.4 shall be extended by 28 days as allowed under CPR 15.5. This extends the date for filing of a defence to 18th August 2014.

Kind regards

xxxxxxxxx
    Defendant
    Last edited by Amethyst; 9th July 2015 at 08:01:AM.
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com

Site Owner

Mentions
    1848 Post(s)

Default Re: Extension for filing defence

Requesting an extension is best dealt with on the telephone, however youcan email or write to the claimants solicitors, depending how much time you have.

Dear xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Claim Number: XXXXXX - xxxxxxxxxxxxxv YOUR NAME

You will be aware that I have requested further information from you regarding your clients claim No XXXXX relating to a debt allegedly previously owed to xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.

As I am yet to receive any information from either yourselves or your clients to enable me to make an informed decision in defending the claim I would like to request your agreement to an extension of 28 days to the date for filing my defence as allowed under CPR 15.5.

If you could confirm to me in writing that this is acceptable to your client I will inform the court of the extension in writing.

Considering the current deadline for submission is the xxxx xxxxxx 2014 I would appreciate a response by return.

Kind regards

XXXXXXXX
    “We may not win by protesting, but if we don’t protest we will lose. If we stand up to them, there is always a chance we will win.” Hetty Bower

Any advice I provide is given without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Find Solicitors offering fixed fees on our sister site - JustBeagle.com