• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Excel Enforcement representing Wales Contact Centre

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Excel Enforcement representing Wales Contact Centre

Hi
    I need urgent help with these guys please. Some weeks ago now I was handed down a fine and duly sent the paperwork. I sent a letter to the fines officer requesting time to pay and started making payments of £50 per week against a fine of £2500. Subsequently I received a latter from them informing me that the case had been transferred to Excel. I went straight back and informed them that I had been paying (which they acknowledged) and I attached a copy of my letter. They stated that the letter was "missing" and there was nothing they could do. Excel sent me one letter stating that they had been appointed and that they would appoint someone to remove goods. This has triggered whole bunch of email traffic, I made two payments to them which the did not acknowledge. They then claim to have sent me emails containing letters in PDF format, the original letters were never sent or received and when I asked for proof that the emails had been sent to me they then discovered a "administrative error". this was clearly a tactic to try and increase their fees by £235. Yesterday I received emails stating that they did not have to enter into an arrangement but I had to contact them by phone if I wanted to make one. I can't do this due to my working environment so I sent them a pre prepared statement of earnings and outgoings. They then stated that I still had to phone, I said I can't and they then came back with the statement that they were not bound to enter into an agreement but they would but the limit was 12 weeks and they want £187 per week. I have asked them for email contact details of senior managers and directors but they won't comply. I have emailed the enforcement office at the court to let them know what is going on. I am at my wits end with these people. They have lied, I have proof that they lied to inflate charges. I asked them for a balance and details of charges and they have added £75 for that. Can someone please help. The court don't seem to be doing anything even though I understand I can complain to them (which I have done) I am making weekly affordable payments but they won't accept that. is there anything I can do, my wife is terrified of any knock on the door right now in case its them.
    Tags: None

Re: Excel Enforcement representing Wales Contact Centre

Can you post back to let us know the following:

The date the fine was set?

Whether ot not you went to court?

You say that you "duly sent the paperwork" to the court. How long after the fine was handed down did you send 'the paperwork'?

What do you mean by 'paperwork'?

How many payments of £50 per week have you made and when did these payments start?

There is a legal obligation for the court officer to send to you a Further Steps Notice. This statutory notice has to allow you 10 working days to respond (to avoid a warrant being issued). What date was on this notice?

Lastly, you need to find out the date on which the Fines Officer authorised a warrant.

Comment

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I am in the office right now so don't have all of the information with me but what I have might be useful.

The date the fine was set? >>>>>>>> I don't have the original documents with me

Whether ot not you went to court? >>>>>>>>>> I did not attend court, I was not going to win and could not afford legal representation at the time.

You say that you "duly sent the paperwork" to the court. How long after the fine was handed down did you send 'the paperwork'? >>>>>> I received a "further steps notice on May 22nd" I made my first payment on May 23rd and have done so every Friday since, (including two to Excel). I sent my letter requesting time to pay on the same day, May 23rd, stupidly I did not send by recorded mail. I did not hear anymore until I received a letter from Excel on July 8th. This was a " notice of enforcement" The letter does not mention any other method except payment in full.

I realise I have been stupid and should have chased the court but in fairness I made multiple payments for over a month via their website

What do you mean by 'paperwork'? >>>> Apologies I meant the letter to court which they say was lost, there have also been "letters" in PDF format sent via email from Excel, these were increased threats and a method to increase charges. hard copy was never sent to my home and I proved that some of the emails were not sent which the acknowledge

How many payments of £50 per week have you made and when did these payments start? >>>>>May 23rd every Friday until this week

There is a legal obligation for the court officer to send to you a Further Steps Notice. This statutory notice has to allow you 10 working days to respond (to avoid a warrant being issued). What date was on this notice? >>>> covered above, I did respond but they say the letter was "not received"

Lastly, you need to find out the date on which the Fines Officer authorised a warrant.[/QUOTE]

Comment

Can anyone help please, they say they want payment within 12 weeks is that legal

Comment

I am so sorry but I have been away for a few days. I will address your query over the weekend.

Try not to worry.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X