• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Marston Group - Certificated under the approval of enforcement agency regulations 200

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Marston Group - Certificated under the approval of enforcement agency regulations 200

I have received a letter with the Marston Group address and a Marston Ref of AC52263 & a Crt Ref, not Martson telephone number but stating it comes from a "Wally Cowley" Court Warrants Officer Telephone 07515606791 dated 10 July 2014. It states that if I fail to make contact or pay the sum due, the officer will arrest me and take me into custody at the earliest opportunity.

I telephoned Marstons, and they confirmed that this unpaid fine, has as their letter to me stated been returned to the Courts on the 12 May 2014 and it was nothing to do with them.

I telephone Wally Cowley, who threatened to come and arrest me there and then if I did not agree to go to court. I asked if he worked for Marston, he stated he did and that he was employed by them. I told him this had been referred back to the courts, the the CAB had written to the court on the 2 July 2014 and were dealing with it because of my mental health problems. I told him in the past the Welfare Team at Marston had been dealing with me and that they had all the paperwork.

I then realised the next day that he had not told me what court it was, so I telephoned again, he said I would know by looking at my postcode.

I asked him if he knew about my health problems, he did not, he then said that he did not say he was going to arrest me but "could" if he wanted to. I asked if I rang the police if they would know about this warrant, he said probably not, I asked for a copy of the paper work he had, as proof, he said not possible as not allowed to give it to me. He said, he would not arrest me, but collect me to take me to court.

I am at a lost. Marston say nothing to do with them anymore, Warrant officer claims he works for them & has written to me with their address. The telephone number he gave me to call Southend Courts just cut me off...I am terrified, I live alone with my three children, I am looking for work, but currently on ESA & DLA...please help advise...
    Tags: None

Re: Marston Group - Certificated under the approval of enforcement agency regulations

It would seem that you are classed as vulnerable and this account needs to be referred to the Welfare Dept immediately.

Given that the CAB are dealing with your case have you spoken with them since talking with the bailif?

Comment

Re: Marston Group - Certificated under the approval of enforcement agency regulations

Erm... can a court official actually arrest someone now?

Comment

A small percentage of the warrants being enforced by Marston's do relate to arrest warrants and this has been the case since 2006 when the initial Contracts were entered into.

All Contracts have since expired and new ones signed but just as in the previous contracts, warrants for arrest continue to be enforced by bailiffs

Comment

Thank you for your reply.

When the account was at Marston, I was under the welfare team. When I wrote to them in May informing them that the CAB had taken over, Marston referred the debt back to the court. I have letter stating this and confirmed by phone call today. The CAB has written to the court on 2 July but no reply so far.

"Wally" tells me he is working for Marston, Marston say he is not. I am going to talk to the CAB tomorrow morning and try again to ring the court. This is all terribly confusing for me and I cannot sleep because of it.

Comment

If you are already on Marston's welfare department radar, and they have returned it to the court, has there been a cock up with communuications, and an arrest warrant issued due to a mix up?

Comment

This "Wally" character needs to be checked out. If the court have no record of any arrest warrant being issued against you or have issued such a warrant in error, I would be inclined to ask CAB to assist you in making a formal complaint.
              Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

The aforementioned "gentleman" does indeed appear on the Register with christian names of Walter Leo and his employer is listed as Marston Group. Tends to suggest he may be overrating his powers to put pressure on.

Comment

If the OP's enquiries with the court confirm no arrest warrant has been issued, I would recommend the OP ask CAB to assist them to lodge a formal complaint with HMCTS and the CEO of Marstons. Impersonating a Crown Servant, especially one that holds a warrant, such as an HMCTS Warrant Officer, is a serious matter. I am also of the view that "Wally", apart from proving he is appropriately named, should be provided with a claim pack for Jobseekers Allowance. What he has done is unacceptable by anyone's standards.
                  Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                    The aforementioned "gentleman" does indeed appear on the Register with christian names of Walter Leo and his employer is listed as Marston Group. Tends to suggest he may be overrating his powers to put pressure on.

Thank you for that...have to admit...I did tell him to change the name of "Wally"...seemed quite a twat to me

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X