• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Natwest Access Mastercard

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Natwest Access Mastercard

I have recently located quite a few old statements with credit card payment protector amounts in respect of an old Natwest Access card that I previously cleared and closed in 2001.

The issue now is that I am trying to locate any sort of credit agreement and will keep looking but in the meantime, I was going to submit a CCA request.

Could someone kindly advise what address I send it to and to whom is the cheque for £1 payable to ? I have had prior dealings with NatWest / RBS but for some reason their seems to be various addresses ? :tinysmile_cry_t:

Thank-you for your help.
    Tags: None

Re: Natwest Access Mastercard

bump

Comment

Originally posted by Bazza View Post
      I have recently located quite a few old statements with credit card payment protector amounts in respect of an old Natwest Access card that I previously cleared and closed in 2001.

The issue now is that I am trying to locate any sort of credit agreement and will keep looking but in the meantime, I was going to submit a CCA request.

Could someone kindly advise what address I send it to and to whom is the cheque for £1 payable to ? I have had prior dealings with NatWest / RBS but for some reason their seems to be various addresses ? :tinysmile_cry_t:

Thank-you for your help.
      I sent my CCA request for an old RBS card from 1999 to the following address (and got a response):

Royal Bank of Scotland Plc
      36 St Andrew Square
      Edinburgh
      EH2 2YE

I've always left the POs blank.

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
        I sent my CCA request for an old RBS card from 1999 to the following address (and got a response):

Royal Bank of Scotland Plc
        36 St Andrew Square
        Edinburgh
        EH2 2YE

I've always left the POs blank.
        Many thanks again for your assistance

g/l

Comment

Further to my earlier posts, I have now located a majority of old statements going back to 1998, and I will submit a SAR just to see if any missing statements can be traced.

In the meantime and if also unsuccessful with missing details, will it be the Compound Interest Regulatory Method spreadsheet to get an idea of figures ?

Comment

Further to my earlier posts, I have now located a majority of old statements going back to 1998, and I will submit a SAR just to see if any missing statements can be traced.
            98? That's very impressive! :clap2: :clap2: Those big companies with mi££ion$ worth of IT equipment can only come up with 6 years! :ohwell:

Comment

Originally posted by FlamingParrot View Post
              98? That's very impressive! :clap2: :clap2: Those big companies with mi££ion$ worth of IT equipment can only come up with 6 years! :ohwell:
              Found them in a box in the loft at the weekend, I knew I still had them somewhere ! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

No doubt I will get the usual Natwest response as you mentioned but will see if they can come up with any missing statements.

Do you know how far back can you claim for ?

Comment

Found them in a box in the loft at the weekend, I knew I still had them somewhere ! :tinysmile_twink_t2:

No doubt I will get the usual Natwest response as you mentioned but will see if they can come up with any missing statements.

Do you know how far back can you claim for ?
                If it's PPI it's generally accepted that there's no restriction but check with FOS when you speak with them tomorrow

Blimey I did a Flaming Parrot and spoke in smiley speak :faint:

Comment

Originally posted by EXC View Post
                  If it's PPI it's generally accepted that there's no restriction but check with FOS when you speak with them tomorrow

Blimey I did a Flaming Parrot and spoke in smiley speak :faint:
                  Lol and thanks again and I will do.

I also found some old original Natwest Access credit card statements (with cardholder protection monthly payments) from 1988 - 1996 but I am sure it was closed and a new account opened. :tinysmile_grin_t:

I found the so called agreement but no mention of agreeing to card insurance !

Comment

Lol and thanks again and I will do.

I also found some old original Natwest Access credit card statements (with cardholder protection monthly payments) from 1988 - 1996 but I am sure it was closed and a new account opened. :tinysmile_grin_t:

I found the so called agreement but no mention of agreeing to card insurance !
                    Further to my earlier posts can any experts or anyone who has had PPI success with NatWest on here confirm that old card accounts insurance were non-advised.

Its just strange that all I can locate is a self fill out agreement from NatWest with an insurance application to be completed and sent if required ? Yet on all of my statements from day one insurance has been added.

Cheers

Comment

Further to my earlier posts can any experts or anyone who has had PPI success with NatWest on here confirm that old card accounts insurance were non-advised.

Its just strange that all I can locate is a self fill out agreement from NatWest with an insurance application to be completed and sent if required ? Yet on all of my statements from day one insurance has been added.

Cheers
                      I decided to send SAR to Natwest / RBS and have now received a response advising that they have no agreement, ppi policy, statement details etc or even know if any ppi was in place ?

Anyway as previously mentioned I have about 95% of old statements clearly advising monthly PPI payments and the original Natwest Access Guide. Inside under Creditguard - For your peace of mind section, it clearly states that the premium is charged automatically to your credit card and nothing else about what is or is not covered etc but you have to complete postal coupon (in which is still intact) for further information.

Is there a case of miss-selling here on the basis that it was automatically added or would it be refused as non-advised ?

Comment

I can't answer your question, but what have you got to lose by placing a claim?

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post
                          I can't answer your question, but what have you got to lose by placing a claim?
                          Cheers Wombat,

I will be submitting a claim on the basis that it was automatically added without any details as to what was / was not covered and therefore I could not make an informed decision regarding the insurance.

Comment

Just finalising consumer questionnaire details and under Section B3.: about the sale of the insurance / how was it sold to you - What box would I tick ?

during a meeting
                            during a phone conversation
                            you were given a leaflet to fill in
                            over the internet
                            by post
                            can't remember

As the insurance was automatically added without my consent how do any of the above apply to the sale ?

Sorry for silly question but just want some clarity thanks.

Comment

Personally, I'd put a line through them, then put N/A as I was not given any choice. The premiums were added automatically.

No question is silly!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X