• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Robbery!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Robbery!!

Hi

Did you get send the letter informing them of when of when the single charge should have been applied, and get the detials of the accounts around the BK action.

The right way to do this is attack the accounts and charges..... Not the CEO at the moment, if you can get the answers to what i asked you, i would probebly suggest serving notice on teh council. But you need to confidently find a fault in the charges or billing first.

Anf, its the head of finance you need to attack, the 151 officer over the accounts, and the monitoring officer over the court action you have faced. The council you mention has had previously some very very questionable accounts managment. They have been in trouble with numerious regulators, i doubt they willo fight if you attack it properly.

Send the statme nt to the 151 officer, recorded delivery, with your dates, not theres, ask him to respond with PROOF, that you should not have had single occupants within 7 days. Also ask him to state that he considers the action taken in his name appropriate, mention your husbands problems and the stress.

Sort out your position prior to court, so you have one set of accs, they have the other,,, dont go to court asking the judge to sort it out. go with apposing account information...

thats my recommendation.
    crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

That has actually been done by the local CAB who are now also getting very annoyed with the council! The CEO says his list is correct even though he refuses to justify where his figures came from. Councillors have been to see him again and asked him to drop the case and he refuses. In the meantime my husband has had a stroke which has left him with brain damage. I am absolutely at the end of my tether.

Comment

Originally posted by Fetherston View Post
        That has actually been done by the local CAB who are now also getting very annoyed with the council! The CEO says his list is correct even though he refuses to justify where his figures came from. Councillors have been to see him again and asked him to drop the case and he refuses. In the meantime my husband has had a stroke which has left him with brain damage. I am absolutely at the end of my tether.
        I recall you mentioning in an earlier post that your husband has brain damage as the result of an accident. Has the hassle you have had from this Council CEO played a part in causing the stroke your husband has suffered?

If the CEO is refusing to back down, despite councillors' intervention, they really have little choice but to convene an extraordinary meeting of the full council with the agenda item being the immediate suspension of the CEO, pending investigation into the events leading up to the hassle you have suffered and your husband suffering a stroke.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
          Might be worth going to the press if the councillors don't sort their out ofr control l.oose cannon CEO. There are adequate reasons for his suspension pending investigation.

It might be worth mentioning to councillors that if he is allowed to go unchecked they themselves may be held liable for his actions later and even be Surcharged, Maybe they can be ultimately, but it might be worth threatening that it "could" happen if they don't sort him pronto
          Actually, BB, this is the sort of thing the UK Column would be interested in. However, it is down to the OP whether UK Column cover it or not. UK Column News now has a global audience covering USA, Europe, Asia and Australia.

I don't feel we can blame or castigate the councillors for trying their best to make the CEO see sense and back down.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
            Actually, BB, this is the sort of thing the UK Column would be interested in. However, it is down to the OP whether UK Column cover it or not. UK Column News now has a global audience covering USA, Europe, Asia and Australia.

I don't feel we can blame or castigate the councillors for trying their best to make the CEO see sense and back down.
            No if the councillors have the balls and actually suspend theCEO pending investigation they deserve praise. There must be more ineptitude within the Revenue Dept that may come to light apart from OP's isssue as it looks like CEO is determined to bully OIP from their home at all costs.

Comment

The nightmare just gets worse. The council have had my house valued with a view to getting a charging order - but they put in a false claim to the magistrates court to get the liability orders that they are going to use as the basis of their claim - and no-one seems to be prepared to challenge them!!

Comment

Originally posted by Fetherston View Post
                The nightmare just gets worse. The council have had my house valued with a view to getting a charging order - but they put in a false claim to the magistrates court to get the liability orders that they are going to use as the basis of their claim - and no-one seems to be prepared to challenge them!!
                I have recently seen something similar done to someone where I am. You will need to act quickly as you need to appeal the LOs and have them dismissed. If what the local authority placed before the court was entirely false, that is Perverting the Course of Justice per se.

They cannot go straight for a Charging Order. They have to apply for an Interim Charging Order first, then apply for a Final Charging Order. I will warn you now that Charging Orders are obtained through the County Court and the judges there cannot overturn the LOs, which are granted by the magistrates courts.

You need to put as much pressure as possible on councillors to suspend the CEO and those in the Revenues Department who are responsible for this. From what you have said, the councillors have done the right thing by using firm persuasion. Now is the time for them to take off the kid gloves and use bare knuckles. And if that means convening an emergency meeting of the full council to suspend or sack the CEO, so be it.

In the meantime, get some professional legal advice as you may need to ask the High Court to cut the CEO down to size.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X