• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Urgent help please!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Urgent help please!!

Hi everyone, I have decided to join to this forum soon as I received such a stressing letter today from Reston's Solicitors.

Out of the blue , I received a letter from Marlin on Monday regarding passing the debt to Restons, .. and today I received this letter:

Dear Mrs...

RE; Cabot Financial UK Limited v. Yourself Account Number:

We are instructed by our Client, Marlin Financial Services Limited, appointed by your creditor Cabot Financial UK Limited, to seek immediate payment from you of the outstanding balance on your above account, being £2000, plus interest as appropriate. The above reference number may relate to several financial products.

We ask you to pay the sum of £2000 direct to this office by Tuesday 15th July, 2014 failing which, we have instructions to issue a Claim against you in the County Court for the full balance due plus any continuing interest, fees and costs that the Court may award our Client. We are instructed to seek a Judgment against you which, if granted will be registered by the Court. If Judgment is granted, this may affect your ability to obtain credit in the future.

Failing payment of the sum of £2000 by Tuesday 15th July 2014 our Client may be prepared to accept payment by installments. If you wish to consider this option please complete the enclosed questionnaire and return it to this office by Tuesday 15th July, 2014. We may need to telephone you on any number we have available for you to discuss your completed form. Please let us know if there is any time that may not be convenient for you to discuss I this with us. Alternatively you may wish to telephone us to discuss your completed form on the above number by Tuesday 15th July 2014.

All future correspondence and payments should be sent to this office, clearly marked with your name and our above reference. Receipts will not be given unless specifically requested. Furthermore, our Client has asked us to draw to your attention to an opportunity for you to clear the account at a specially discounted settlement figure which could represent a substantial saving for you. If you are interested you should call the above direct line.

Finally, if you are not already doing so, we recommend that you seek your own independent advice regarding the outstanding balance on your above account, from a solicitor or for example, the Citizens Advice Bureau or any other non-fee charging money advice organisation.
    Yours faithfully,

Restons

Kindly help me with what letter to send and any advice please.
    Thank You so much please........
    Tags: None

Re: Urgent help please!!

First of all, welcome and don’t panic. You are not alone and one of the bright legal savvy beagles will be along soon to advise you.:grouphug:

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
    ~ Anonymous

Comment

Thank you PAWS... it was just all of the sudden I start receiving letters! :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Hiya,

DO you know what the debt is they are claiming?

Sharon
        xx
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi, I checked my credit file via noddle and it said Aqua Card?! thats the only one I had in the file. I have defaulted 2008 due to moving abroad..I moved back last Nov 2011 in UK .

Comment

I didn't received anything and when I contacted Aqua card way back 2011 they told me they will get in touch but didn't get ANY letter from them at all!

Comment

Okay so it's a credit card

So the letter from Restons is a Letter before Action so you should respond to it. -> bit of info here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...any-solciitors to get you started, we'll help you if you like

You should also separately send a CCA request to CABOT (as creditor) with a £1 cheque or postal order. (change WE to I ) This can be a standard template - send signed for / recorded delivery to CABOT.

Dear Sir/Madam

Re:− Account Number xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

I DO NOT ACKNOWLEDGE ANY DEBT TO YOUR COMPANY.

With reference to the above agreement, we would be grateful if you would send us a copy of this credit agreement.

We understand that under the Consumer Credit Act 1974 (Sections 77−79), we are entitled to receive a legible copy of our credit agreement on request. We enclose a payment of £1.00 which represents the fee payable under the Consumer Credit Act.

We understand a copy of our credit agreement should be supplied within 12 working days.

We look forward to hearing from you.

Yours faithfully

NAME
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you! I will send it first thing in the morning tomorrow and will let you all know the outcome!

Comment

Dear Restons

RE; Cabot Financial UK Limited v. NAME Account Number:

Thank you for your letter dated xx/xx/xxxx indicating that you have been instructed by a company called Marlin Financial Services Ltd, with a view to commencing court proceedings regarding a sum of £2000 which is claimed to be owed to Cabot Financial Limited.

I do not know who Cabot Financial are. I have never held any financial products with Cabot Financial. The first indication I have had of any possible debt was a letter received on XXXXXXX from Marlin Financial Services Ltd informing me that they would be instructing yourselves. This was quite a suprise to me as prior to this I have had no letters from Cabot Financial or Marlin Financial Services. I do not recognise the amount or account number given and am unaware of any debt I have outstanding.

If you could forward me more information on the background to this debt and your client's claim so I may consider your request for payment and consult with Citizens Advice.

I have also made an enquiry to Cabot Financial Services Ltd to supply a copy of the original credit agreement under Section 78 of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 on the assumption that this is a consumer credit debt.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours sincerely
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank You so much!! I'm doing it now and will send in the morning!

Comment

Originally posted by mlt16 View Post
                      Hi, I checked my credit file via noddle and it said Aqua Card?! thats the only one I had in the file. I have defaulted 2008 due to moving abroad..I moved back last Nov 2011 in UK .
                      When abouts in 2008 does the noddle say the aqua card defaulted?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

I just checked again and it said 11/2009!

Comment

Ahh pity... wouldn't be stat barred then. Although - when did you leave the country ?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

April 2008 when we moved to US.

Comment

what is stat barred? sorry I don't really know much about it .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X