• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Oh wait, it was the 4th July (it was on the pic I took of credit agreement)

Comment

Ok. Do you know if he has had anything through the post since signing the form -

''I was told that a copy of the agreement and the cancellation details would be sent to me by post and that I would have 14 days from that point to change my mind. To date I have yet to receive copies of the credit agreement, or the cancellation terms.''
      If you did a pic of the agreement could you poss upload it here (or email me it if its on your phone and a pain to edit personal details off - admin@legalbeagles.info )
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I dont think that he had anything through the post other than information on how to sign in to the online training. I will email you now

Comment

Got it, it might be he only signed the top copy... but yes helpful if he hadn't, ............. can't see much in the way of terms or cancellation on there though.
          If he's had nothing else through from them then I reckon he'd be okay to cancel, has he spoken to them at all ?
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Thank you. I'm not sure about signing just the top copy (I cant remember as our 2year old was there at the time taking my attention away), but seeing as the woman had wrote and put a cross where he needed to sign I would of thought that the pink piece would of been signed too.
            He will be ringing them up after work, and if no joy my mum will phone them. Will update later.

Comment

Thank you. I'm not sure about signing just the top copy (I cant remember as our 2year old was there at the time taking my attention away), but seeing as the woman had wrote and put a cross where he needed to sign I would of thought that the pink piece would of been signed too.
              He will be ringing them up after work, and if no joy my mum will phone them. Will update later.

Comment

So my partner rang trades gateway and they said he had signed his full name, he never signs his full name! He rang the finance company who are requesting the paperwork from trades gateway and said if it signed there is nothing they can do. I told him to request it off them when they get back to him anyway to double check signatures if it is signed.

Comment

Have you asked Trades Gateway to send you a copy of the signed paperwork ?

I would put your cancellation in writing while you wait for the finance company to get back to you. I'd also send a formal CCA request for a copy of the agreement which should show whether you did sign it or it was signed for you.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi, my parter and I have a similar problem, due to circumstance changes we aren't able to afford it, we had somebody come out on the 11th of July and signed up then, on the 18th of July we received a letter from Caledonian consumer finance with are account number and payment details. We also received a letter from trades gateway to say enrolment has been processed and wouldn't be able to log onto course for up to 5 days, when we tried to sign on on the 28th it wasn't recognising any details we rang and thy said they had the email down wrong and would take 24hrs for the system to recognise. Tried again on the 30th same problem and they said they now had .com instead of co.uk so meant waiting again. After a lot of back and forth finally got onto the site but no support was given as to what to do. 1st payment came out from Caledonian on the 19th of aug. Due to decrease in earnings and lack of support decided we should cancel this prompted me google about cancelling with them which has now brought to light all seems a con anyway, rang trades gateway who said we would need to write and explain circumstances and they might let cancel otherwise would have to get somebody else to take over course. Rang Caledonian she said there was a problem with her system but by sounds of it because one payment has been made and missed cool off nothing really can do, this was all this afternoon. My question really is what do you advise. We can't afford it anyway so will have to cancel , will try writing and see what happens but by previous searches looks like that's not helped. If we do cancel and it goes to court? Would we be able to sort out a more realistic payment plan based on our outgoings? Plus would they be able to seize our cars for unpaid funds? Our cars are also being paid on finance, appreciate any help you can suggest. Thank you!

Comment

Your cancellation period should start from the 18th July so it does sound like you would be outside of that. Did CCF include copies of the terms and conditions of the finance etc?

You should make a formal written complaint to Trades Gateway about the issues you have had signing on to the system and the subsequent lack of support and if you still wish to cancel inform them of that. Have you tried out the course between then and now and is it up to your expectations? Was it solely an online course or have you received course materials as well ?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                        Your cancellation period should start from the 18th July so it does sound like you would be outside of that. Did CCF include copies of the terms and conditions of the finance etc?

You should make a formal written complaint to Trades Gateway about the issues you have had signing on to the system and the subsequent lack of support and if you still wish to cancel inform them of that. Have you tried out the course between then and now and is it up to your expectations? Was it solely an online course or have you received course materials as well ?

There's a few books which he left when he came but apart from that it's all based online, at the moment there hasn't been anything to try out, haven't even been told what to do, which is another reason for canceling but main one is just can't afford. And sorry I don't know what CCF means? Have a fixed sum loan agreement contract that they left on the 11th of July

Comment

Caledonian consumer finance = ccf ..... could you upload a copy of the agreement, finance and whatever training agreement you signed.
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

You'll need to write a letter of complaint to them detailing the issues you have had, that you do not feel the training I up to the level as you were sold it as and ask to cancel that and the credit agreement.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Having the same problem. Now having to change banks as they keep trying to take money. Have sent 3 letters and still no reply!! Need help!!

Comment

Originally posted by Joshbosh26 View Post
                                Having the same problem. Now having to change banks as they keep trying to take money. Have sent 3 letters and still no reply!! Need help!!
                                Oh gosh really, we've just sent first letter sent by recorded delivery, did you send same way? Hopefully will hear from them soon , I sent email aswel both the finance company and trades gateway with a copy of the letter and asking them to acknowledge they had received the email but not had anything back from that either

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X