• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Hi everyone I've got same problem , when I sign the courses in 2014 the guy come in my house I think he was spanish guy he was super nice to us once we sign like a agreement he become not helpful soo that's the first thing we noticed after poor studying quality and then when I diceded to change my occupation they saying i have to pay the rest of the loan but on interview never mentioned about loans or something as you see my English ain't good enough and I can't even understand half of the things in the book plus they never done any credit check becouse I didint have a good credit rate on that time . If any one get away of it ? I feel like I'm locket with the loan witch I can't cancel and I'm not asking for refund , becouse when I done little bit of theory I was paying 2 years every month £150 and now I paid more then half price and decided that's not for me and I can't cancel it .. any one can help please ? If the government giving this kind of company's power against a simple human ?
    I had similar problem that was with parking ticket with private company calls p4parking and I parked my car in the side road with out any parking restrictions and the enforcement person give me a ticket and he walks to other road got the picture with the sign parking restrictions. when i appeal it they said no and I made complaint and they said no . But I find a company which one is in charge with parking and I appeal agains that p4parking and i won .
    sorry for my English
    thanks

Comment

I took a chance s believing this will be change my family life’s, unfortunately life is hard and one thing lead to another my partner and father had an operation two years ago after a while my partner got pregnant, then we had the baby and been on maternity leave money and my salary was not great but we survive. I did mention this to them and they could not care less saying I missed my 14th days cancellation, after a phone conversation TRADES GATEWAY settle for a reduction on payments which was not great making payments longer at the end.
      I was trying to do what was best for my career path but it was not great and they have passed it to a debt recovery company as I could not meet the payments.
      my big question here is on way out of this after two years +?

thanks for your help.

Comment

When in 2015 did you enter into the agreement?
        Who is the finance company ? ( do you have a copy of the agreement ?)
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I would just like to share a success story.... someone I know paid £110 to complete a claim online through https://www.gov.uk/make-money-claim-online
          to take Marlborough Information Services to court. A week before the court date Marlborough offered him all the money back that he had paid to them over a period of 12 months and sent him a cheque in the post for the full amount therefore he never actually ended up going to court

Comment

I am in a similar situation with trades gateway and cf4ts
            Sold me and my partner loads of crap and now can't get out
            I phoned them and told them we have split up....my name is on the finance but his names on the course and neither company will help.
            They keep passing me back and fourth to each other.
            They say I've got no legal right to talk about the actual course but yet I'm liable for the money.
            My account number and the course number doesn't match
            I would really appreciate some help because it's stressing me out.

Comment

Was it just your ex-partner doing the course ? Any reason your name was on the credit agreement ? ( do you have a copy ? )
              Is your ex-partner still doing the course ?
              When did you sign up?

Originally posted by FCA on CF4TS
              1. With effect from 8th August 2016, CF4TS shall not carry on any regulated activities, save that CF4TS has Part 4A permission for exercising/having the right to exercise the lender's rights and duties under a regulated credit agreement limited to where the agreement was entered into by the firm on or before 15 July 2016.
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                Was it just your ex-partner doing the course ? Any reason your name was on the credit agreement ? ( do you have a copy ? )
                Is your ex-partner still doing the course ?
                When did you sign up?

Yes just him
                It was in my name because he wasn't working at the time so the bloke said it could go in my name but the course would be in his ...i don't know how I got it because I'm self employed and don't earn a lot
                I do have a copy somewhere

I don't think he is
                He didn't get much of it done anyway as he found a job and just couldn't find the spare time but was told he could do it at his own pace there was no rush
                But now I'm finding out there is a time limit of 3 years

We signed up July 2015

Comment

Could you do a CCA request to CF4TS please ( CCA Request Letter | ) It will come in useful later.

Anything at all showing on your credit file for it?

Do you still have any communication with your ex partner?

How much approx is the loan for ? have you kept up with the payments to date? ( how much have you paid etc)
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hello, My husband mistakenly took out an agreement with Trades Gateway in September 2015. Reading above we have had a similar experience to most they came to our house played DVD and got hubby to sign. They then called through to get the course fee set up aka £7000 loan!!!! we have now been trying to negotiate with Trade Gateway for 2 years to cancel this we have written to them and have gad a reply say basically its all hubbys fault as he should have cancelled within 14 days! can anyone help us? We are nearly £4000 into this now and we cannot believe they came to our house while I was on maternity leave and 'Sam' the sales advisor had the cheek to ask my hubby if he would be willing to work 6 days a week to pay for the course! We just want our money back and to be rid of this nightmare!

Comment

Hi,

I am having similar issues to the people on here, I signed up with Train4jobs, which is a trading name for Metropolitan International school ltd, which are all variations on trades gateway, train 4 trade etc. The loan company they broker for is Carnegie Consumer Finance. The director for T4J and the director for Carnegie both used to own a company together, which is now dissolved. When you contact one company they refer you to the other etc. I was wondering if this is all legal and above board?

Comment

hello. 10 months ago, I signed up for a course called TRAIN 4 JOBS, who signed a loan agreement with CARNEGIE CONSUMER FINANCE. The seller of course offered me false information about this course saying that the contract is with the school TRAIN 4 JOBS , but in reality he made me a loan lender. we reached the health and safety online test. I did it four times and of course I did not. and they sent me a test on the paper. and when I asked for details about the test. they did not explain anything to me, just read some books, and you will manage to solve it. of course I did not succeed.
                        how could I get rid of that contract and recover my money that I have paid so far for nothing. thank you in advance

- - - Updated - - -

hello. 10 months ago, I signed up for a course called TRAIN 4 JOBS, who signed a loan agreement with CARNEGIE CONSUMER FINANCE. The seller of course offered me false information about this course saying that the contract is with the school TRAIN 4 JOBS , but in reality he made me a loan lender. we reached the health and safety online test. I did it four times and of course I did not. and they sent me a test on the paper. and when I asked for details about the test. they did not explain anything to me, just read some books, and you will manage to solve it. of course I did not succeed.
                        how could I get rid of that contract and recover my money that I have paid so far for nothing. thank you in advance

Comment

hello. i have the same problem.. you find a way to get your money back?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                          Working...
                          X