• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

hi,
    my brother had contact with this company Trades Gateway they had arranged to meet at my house as he knew i would like to get some qualifications.

they guy came basically said our Country needs more welders 32,000
    show a DVD with some guy tommy something well known d.i.y tv guy
    ask us very simple question ask us to fill out a form saying we would pay 43 payments of £135
    and a upfront cost of £60 pound
    gave us both course materials and left

i written in the course matteriels

on the 20th June 2014 my mother passed away leaving me with house and about 4k bills
    01th July 2014 i got a bill from carer finance 4 trade (not trades) skills ltd.
    i rang them immediately and try ed to cancel she claimed it thay had given trades skills a 4k loan in my name and i would have to contact them as id passed the cancellation deadline on 21 july
    so i did they said it had to be in writing an e-mail.
    so i e-mail them came back as undeliverable.
    all that i can think of is to send a cancellation letter by registered mail to a po box by the way
    Tags: None

Re: Trades Gateway cancellation Help Please

I'm sorry to hear of your loss, must be increbily difficult time for you and last thing you need is dealing with these companies claiming over £5k from you.

What date did you sign up for the course ?

Before 13th June you have 7 days, if after 13th June you have 14 days but they are the minimum - so check on the agreement - presumably he left you with a copy.
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

on the phone they had said i was passed cancellation day which was 21st
      Last edited by TJSykes; 9th July 2014, 15:25:PM. Reason: speling

Comment

managed to get a e-mail through

Comment

Just a bit of info

http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/pl...ut-trades.html
          Last edited by Amethyst; 9th September 2014, 07:47:AM.

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
            Just a bit of info

[/FONT][/COLOR]http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-courses/66988-does-anyone-know-anything-about-trades.html

all ready done it more balifts i worried about

Comment

this unbelievable people trying to better them self's just get taken [edit]

me and my brother both missing cancellation rights and regs
              Last edited by Amethyst; 9th September 2014, 07:46:AM.

Comment

There are a lot of useful threads on MoneySavingExpert and ConsumerActiongroup

http://www.consumeractiongroup.co.uk...upplied-by-bpf

You should have had copies of the credit agreement and cancellation details after signing up - if you werent left with duplicates they should have been sent to you and the cancellation period shouldn't start until you receive those, which might be a way of putting it in your letter to cancel the course now.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

This is the non PO BOX address

TRADES GATEWAY LIMITED
                  4 KINSBOURNE COURT
                  96-100 LUTON ROAD
                  HARPENDEN
                  HERTS
                  ENGLAND
                  AL5 3BL

Send recorded delivery
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

this is how i plan to set out the letter
                    Please refund my deposit and cancel this course as my mother has passed away and am no longer able to complete the course
                    i have not been left or sent copies of the credit agreement and cancellation details
                    copy of this will be sent by e-mail and recorded delivery to both your po box and head office
                    please reply,
                    TJSykes

any suggestions?

Comment

thank will differently use this will have to talk to my brother about the guy name and the exact date

so glad i found this fourm

Comment

Originally posted by TJSykes View Post
                        thank will differently use this will have to talk to my brother about the guy name and the exact date

so glad i found this fourm
                        Please help me, i'm now stuck and can not pay it off . did you ever get the problem fixed? i'm soo desperate right now

Comment

Hi, just wondering did this get sorted? My partner signed up last month, had loads of trouble actually accessing the course and now wants to cancel as it's more hassel than its worth.
                          I found the pink copy of the credit agreement, but it's not signed! Could this be a way of getting out of it?

Comment

When last month did he sign the agreement?
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Im not too sure of the exact date. The information is at home (I am now at my dads). The only thing I can see that he has signed is just for the registration fee. His signature is nowhere on the pink copy of the credit agreement.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X