• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cca requested , replied with wrong info - what now

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• cca requested , replied with wrong info - what now

Hi,

Just looking for a bit of advice on this one.

House repossessed in 2009, mortgage with NR had a shortfall.

DCA ( Mackenzie Hall) has been sending letters and I have been paying them . Their letters show they are chasing for a debt of 26k . Have done credit check which shows the mortgage debt for 26k is satisfactorily concluded.

A CCA was sent to DCA who returned a copy of an agreement for a loan for 8k . There was a loan taken out around the same time as mortgage but I was informed this was paid off when house repo'd and it certainly does not show anywhere on credit file. It appears to me they are chasing for wrong loan and one that I believe was paid off on sale/repo of house. It certainly is not the 26k they have quoted in letters.

Not happy anyway as ex husband was supposed to be dealing with this.

What do I do now? ( in Scotland if that makes any difference)

many thanks in advance
    Tags: cca

Re: cca requested , replied with wrong info - what now

So, the value of the house sale (after repossession) paid off your mortgage and the £8K loan; is that correct?

Comment

Hi ,
      No they were two separate loans taken out at the same time - the 8k one was to top up the mortgage at the time of inception.

Comment

I don't understand what you mean by 'topping up the mortgage'. The mortgage amount would be fixed in a separate agreement and these agreements, AFAIK, cannot be 'topped up'. So we're dealing with a loan that is separate from the mortgage. If it was 'tied' to the mortgage, then that could leave you open to having to sell the home or having and order charged on it after it was sold. But since I assume the mortgage balance has been satisfied, the loan was not tied. So,this loan has been sitting in limbo since 2009??

When did you or the ex last make a payment to it?

Comment

Sorry for delay, when the mortgage was taken out a further loan was also taken at same time ( the 8k one) This in effect brought it up to a 100% loan for the house.
          When it all went wrong the house was repossessed and eventually NR passed it on one company ( think Moorcroft ) then subsequently to Mackenzie Hall. At the time of repossession I believed there was a mortgage shortfall of 26k
          All letters ever received from Mackenzie Hall mention this 26k

When I sent the CCA request they only sent paperwork for the 8k loan. Nothing to do with the 26k

Regular payments were being made to MH by ex husband as part of separation/divorce agreement. He stopped paying leaving it with me last year . I have been paying every month since on understanding of the 26k being the figure.

On the credit check the NR show the mortgage now satisfied and there is no mention of the 8k loan from then either.

Many thanks

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X