• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Rossendales chasing business rates

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rossendales chasing business rates

Had a letter put through today asking for £414 for business rates that applied to a shop we had up to July last year, what i cannot understand is how it has come up to such amount as the new rates started in April and we moved out in July?? our usual yearly bill was approx £260
    We had a visit from Rossendales on 31st May this year and told them our situation and that we were not liable anymore since we did not have the shop and the Bailiff told us to contact the council, we contacted them straight away and was told from the outset that it is in the hands of Rossendales end off
    We then rang Rossendales to tell them the bill needs revising as we left in July and heard nothing till the visit today
    Spoke the the bailiff on the phone tonight (as no one was in when she called earlier) and she has asked me to try the council again to make sure we had all the discounts applied to the bill as i'm pretty sure they did not apply the small business relief, she then told me to call back tomorrow to arrange payment and was told we had a week to pay anything that was due either way,
    Any advice really appreciated???
    Tags: None

Re: Rossendales chasing business rates

The Council cannot wash their hands of this as they are ultimately responsible for the actions & charges of their agents. You need to speak to someone at the Council and ask the following questions:
    1 - how many Liability Orders they have against you
    2 - the dates they were obtained
    3 - the addresses they were for
    4 - the period of time each covers
    5 - how much each one was for
    6 - how much is still outstanding
    7 - the dates they were passed on for enforcement
    8 - the dates & amounts of any payments

Comment

Re: Rossendales chasing business rates

Thank you very much ploddertom that will be my first job tomorrow morning i'll post on here at some point when i have some answers to the above questions

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X