• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Letter from Hamptons Legal

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Letter from Hamptons Legal

Hi there,

I have received a letter from Hamptons Legal which I quoted 'if we wish, apply for a County Court Judgment' and further down the lines said offering me 50% discount which I need to 480 pounds or 30 pounds a month with direct debit.

I do not like the feeling of being threaten and paying the fee is not a problem. But I do want to pay the money and have nothing in return.

I would like to ask should I take the offer or keep ignoring? Only worried going through the court.

Thanks.
    Tags: None

Re: Letter from Hamptons Legal

It's impossible to comment on your question without knowing the full background to this.

Comment

Hi there,

I have found some of the letters. My Vodafone account was set up on 28/07/2006. The statement has indicated that I stopped making payment on 11 Oct 2007.

Vodafone sold my account to Lowell Portfolio on 21/12/2009 and Hamptons Legal sent me a letter on 26/06/2014.

During this period of time, I have not made any contact to vodafone nor Lowell.

Thanks

Comment

Last payment made Oct 2007. Statute barred around Nov 2013. Game over

Comment

Should I upload some of the documents for you to have a look?

Comment

Documents (make sure they are redacted of your personal details) are always helpful in supporting you with your case so yes please

It does sound like the debt will be statute barred (ie. not paid or acknowledged in past 6 years) so you mightt just want to respond to Hamptons informing them of the debt being stat barred.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Something along these lines possibly....

Dear Sir/Madam

Re: Account No/Your Ref:

No debt is acknowledged to your company yet you have contacted me regarding the above account.

As I am sure you are aware, under the Limitation Act 1980, s.5 “an action founded on simple contract shall not be brought after the expiration of six years from the date on which the cause of action accrued.”

No correspondence/payment/acknowledgement of this debt has been made within the last six years and accordingly unless you can provide evidence of payment or written contact from me in the relevant period under s.5 of the Limitation Act 1980, I suggest that you are no longer able to take any court action against me to recover any alleged amount claimed.

Furthermore, the FCA Consumer Credit Sourcebook (section 7.15) states that "Notwithstanding that a debt may be recoverable, a firm must not attempt to recover a statute barred debt in England, Wales or Northern Ireland if the lender or owner has not been in contact with the customer during the limitation period." and that ''A firm must not continue to demand payment from a customer after the customer has stated that he will not be paying the debt because it is statute barred.''

I await your written confirmation that no further contact will be made concerning the above account and confirmation that this matter is now closed.

I look forward to your early reply.

Yours faithfully

(Your signature)
              (Your Name)
              #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Hi Scottlg,

Thanks for making me aware of this.

From the dates you've posted, it would appear that the account may be Statute Barred.

If you'd like me to take a closer look at things, email me with your details via the Contact us form here and quote the code WRT135 - FAO Lee in the subject line.

Once sent, you'll receive an automated reply with a reference number. Post back with this and I’ll check I've received it.

Kind regards,

Lee

Social Media Comms

Vodafone UK
                I am an official company representative of Vodafone UK.

LegalBeagles has given permission for me to post in response to queries about the company, so that I can help resolve issues.

This does NOT imply any form of approval of my company or its products by LegalBEAGLES.

Comment

Yes definitely, you should respond them otherwise they can sue you.

Comment

Aren't the FCA meant to be looking into firms like Hamptons Legal anyway?

Comment

Originally posted by mrroper View Post
                      Aren't the FCA meant to be looking into firms like Hamptons Legal anyway?
                      Hamptons are a part of the Lowell Group. The FCA should most definitely be looking into firms like Lowell, just look at the claims they issue without ever providing any documents. :mad2:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X