• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

HDD failure

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HDD failure

Ok, on Friday my HDD stopped working. I would add now that punching the computer when it was not doing what I wanted it to do was not necessarily the right thing to do :o.
    Anyway, bought a new laptop, ASUS whateva with Windows 8. However, I have a perfectly working Toshiba machine apart from HDD issue so the question is whether I can upgrade the Toshiba Satalite pro machine with a new HDD(need to buy) Windows operating system(need to buy) and what is the likely cheap place to get the two things.

I have taken out the old HDD drive from the Toshiba machine already. Yes, I have a bad temper at times when the computer does not do what I want it to do.......

Windows 8 btw is a pain in the arse and I am still working out where the buttons are.
    "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
    (quote from David Ogden Stiers)
    Tags: None

Re: HDD failure

Ebuyer is usually fine.

Try Linux mint 17 before purchasing that windows crap. It's free and much better with the exception of skygo and coupon printer.

M1

Comment

New laptop is bought and paid for already and it came with windows 8. My question relate to other machine and potential to buy blank HDD and putting on an operating system?

Never worked with Linux btw
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

No problem doing that. In fact you should have Windows disks from the when you bought the old one. If not burn linux to disk on the new laptop and try it on the old one. Worst case you reformat and start again with windows. Best case you save a few bob and break free from that crap.

M1

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X