• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Haveing trouble with COLLECTICA plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haveing trouble with COLLECTICA plz help

Originally posted by Milo View Post
    Please tell me that this is not true !!! What on earth is going on. This really does need to be brough to the attention of MoJ straight way.

Did the officer leave a notice of any sort confirming that he had charged a fee of £225 for today's visit ?
    I would say it is quite likely to be all too true. collectica are out of control.

Comment

Originally posted by Milo View Post
      Please tell me that this is not true !!! What on earth is going on. This really does need to be brought to the attention of MoJ straight way.

Did the officer leave a notice of any sort confirming that he had charged a fee of £225 for today's visit ?
      You're not clairvoyant by any chance, Milo, because I had exactly the same thought when I first read it.

This EA has, in my view, acted without lawful authority. I concur the MoJ should be informed immediately.

Given Collectica's form for doing this sort of thing in the past, I have to concur with Bizzybob that Collectica is out of control and the MoJ really do need to stop pussyfooting about and start getting tough with Collectica, if necessary, threatening them with termination of their contract if there are any further instances of non-compliance.
      Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

BB.

I would disagree. Collectica are not 'out of control'. The sad FACT is that so many bailiffs still appear to have difficulty ADAPTING to the new regultions and appear to continuing to enforce debts in much the same way that they did before 6th April. The entire way that debts are to be enforced has changed significantly and in some cases (such as this one) enforcement agents 'on the streets' need to be looked at.

As you and many on here are aware, I have a commercial business and I can assure you that a lot of enforcment companies have adapted well to the new regulations and with cases of 'vulnerability' the enforcment fee has been removed and the case 'rewound' back to the Compliance Stage (as Parliament intended).

I continue to have serious concerns at the '7 clear days' and sadly, this is still an area of a lot of complaints and only this morning I brought an excellent example to the attention of the Ministry of Justice and where we were able to provide EVIDENCE that a Notice of Enforcement had been sent by 2nd class mail. The notice had been dated last Friday...delivered yesterday and payment required on Saturday. This is NOT a 'bailiff' company but a High Court Enforcement co.

I have also made the HCEOA aware of my concerns.

We are 4 months into the new regulations and the days for 'teething problems' has long past !!!!

PS: There is nothing wrong with sending a Notice of Enforcement by 2nd class post. But if they do...they should adjust the number of days by which payment is to be made

Comment

Milo,

I have to agree to differ with you on the matter of Collectica. They were engaging in the sort of behaviour described by the OP long before the new regulations came into force. It is a common modus operandi of Collectica's. They are also not beyond lying to HMCTS about debtors and have been caught doing so in the past. If Collectica cannot exercise adequate and proper supervision and control over its EAs, then the MoJ needs to start getting tough.
          Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi all spoke to collectica and said I am not paying the fee as they can not justify calling to my house to check paper work they have already received, after waiting 10 mins on hold I spoke to someone who said the reason for the home call was to see proof of pregnancy as they had not received it, blatant lie got proof that it was sent and the beef cake who knocked on said they had and he was here to check original documents. so anyway after realizing they were in the wrong and obv making that up, I received a letter off the courts to say my fine had been passed back and I have to pay 10 pounds a fortnight .

Thank you all very much for your help cant tell you how relived I am that these are off my back .

Comment

Good result, Hope Collecticrap get investigated, sadly they will carry on lying and cheating as usual.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X