• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Haveing trouble with COLLECTICA plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Haveing trouble with COLLECTICA plz help

Hi there this is my first post sorry if its not in the right place.

Having trouble with collectica enforcement service previously had a court fine where it was past to collectica and i was paying 60 pounds a week. (sry pound sign does not work) Circumstances have changed and at the moment my income is 80.50 a week my tax credits have stopped as problems with pregnancy and am unable to work. Ive just rang collectica to ask to change arrangement and told them whats happening where they replyed if i changed my arrangement it would be to a higher amount or if i did not pay the 60 pounds then further steps would go ahead. Is this possible as im willing to pay but not that amount.

Any help or advice would be very much apprciated.

also my fine started at 1100 pounds ive been paying 60 pounds for 10 weeks to recivce a letter to say i still owe 878 with no breakdown of charges or anything.
    Tags: None

Re: Haveing trouble with COLLECTICA plz help

Hi and welcome to Legal Beagles, How far into your pregnancy are you and what problems do you have?

I would contact the court and send them proof of pregnancy copied to collecticrap and any associated problem as you may be vulnerable and they should take your reduced income into account., I would consider your reduced income as constituting Hardship as intended in the legislation requiring magistrates to reconsider a debtors circumstances

http://www.taxpayersagainstpoverty.org.uk/

" The fines officers in the Magistrates Courts and the bailiffs enforcing fines seem not to know that there is a new law in the Legal Advice Sentencing and Punishment of Offenders Act 2012 that allows them refer cases back to the magistrates when;
    1. a person was not in court when fined and has a disproportionate fine
    2. there is a change of circumstances after the Magistrates’ original decision
    3. there is financial hardship! "

http://www.taxpayersagainstpoverty.org.uk/

have a look at this and quote it to the court if they get chopsy with the talk to collecticrap spiel

Other Beagles will no doubt be along soon to help :beagle:

Comment

Hello Claire!
      It is not a question of willing –on £80.50 you can’t pay £60 and will be even less likely when baby arrives. reggers:
      Someone with legal smarts will be along to help soon but in the meantime try not to worry.:hug:

Sorry -bizzybob I was writing this at the same time as your post!

An optimist is someone who falls off the Empire State Building, and after 50 floors says, 'So far so good'!
      ~ Anonymous

Comment

Collectica would expect the 80 quid!
        Seriously wait for the advice that will come along no need to worry your healf is more important than the bailiffs money

Comment

Originally posted by PAWS View Post
          Hello Claire!
          It is not a question of willing –on £80.50 you can’t pay £60 and will be even less likely when baby arrives. reggers:
          Someone with legal smarts will be along to help soon but in the meantime try not to worry.:hug:

Sorry -bizzybob I was writing this at the same time as your post!

No Problem PAWS, reassurance is good first stage in advice

Comment

Currently at 23 weeks and being treated as waters have gone, had low fluid from 20 weeks. on steriod shots from monday with blood tests and swabs weekly, scans fortnightly and see a dr every few weeks. Also crp came back as high wich is sign of infection.

Will give the courts a ring and see if they can help. Thanks very much for advice

Comment

Sorry had more replys while i was replying lol, Should i wait do you think befor getting in touch not sure who to ring or ask for with the courts.

Comment

Originally posted by claire123 View Post
                Currently at 23 weeks and being treated as waters have gone, had low fluid from 20 weeks. on steriod shots from monday with blood tests and swabs weekly, scans fortnightly and see a dr every few weeks. Also crp came back as high wich is sign of infection.

Will give the courts a ring and see if they can help. Thanks very much for advice
                get straight back with what they said, remind them of that new rule regarding your reduced income and hardship, tell them that collectica want what amounts to your entire weekly income as a payment per week., which is ludicrous.

Comment

Keep ringing and getting all operaters are busy please ring back later :tinysmile_hmm_t2:

Comment

Are you able to go in person?

Comment

yea could do

Comment

This behaviour by Collectica is becoming all too frequent. It is time for HMCTS Criminal Enforcement and the MoJ to stop pussyfooting around and terminate their contract. The MoJ has already terminated the contract of Collectica's "parent", SERCO, for defrauding the taxpayer over the tagging of convicted persons - They were charging for people who were dead, had had their conviction quashed or been found no guilty, or were in prison.

It is time for the public to make as much noise as possible about Collectica's behaviour, using social media if necessary, and make civil servants and politicians squirm with embarrassment until they cancel Collectica's contract.
                        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
                          This behaviour by Collectica is becoming all too frequent. It is time for HMCTS Criminal Enforcement and the MoJ to stop pussyfooting around and terminate their contract. The MoJ has already terminated the contract of Collectica's "parent", SERCO, for defrauding the taxpayer over the tagging of convicted persons - They were charging for people who were dead, had had their conviction quashed or been found no guilty, or were in prison.

It is time for the public to make as much noise as possible about Collectica's behaviour, using social media if necessary, and make civil servants and politicians squirm with embarrassment until they cancel Collectica's contract.
                          haven't Serco sold Collectecrap to those other paragons of bullying and bad behaviour Marston group?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
                            haven't Serco sold Collectecrap to those other paragons of bullying and bad behaviour Marston group?
                            Not that I know of, BB. Milo would be the best person to ask about whether Marstons have bought Collectica from SERCO.
                            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post

Again we are seeing comments which are simply not realistic. HMCTS Criminal Enforcement and the MoJ will not be terminating Collectica's contract. Most of the public are fortunate enough to have nothing whatsoever to do with enforcement companies, so why they would be making any noise about Collectica's behaviour escapes me, let alone using their social media accounts to do so.

In my humble opinion we really should stay grounded when making comments - I know this is not the first time someone has made this type of comment recently.

If there is nothing to be said to progress the case for the debtor I would personally suggest it is better to make no comment at all.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X