• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Haveing trouble with COLLECTICA plz help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Haveing trouble with COLLECTICA plz help

This is the very sort of instance where escalation to an HMCTS Area Enforcement Team is desirable, if not, essential, namely, where a contracted civil enforcement company is behaving in the manner Collectica is and the court staff are, seemingly, unaware of the law and their duty of care to the OP.

The court can suspend or recall a Distress Warrant at any time, so telling the OP it is nothing to do with the courts and to speak to Collectica is wrong. If the OP is speaking to court staff and it is they who are being obstructive, I would ask, better, insist on speaking to the Court Manager. Only if the Court Manager sings the "Speak to the Bailiff" song or is as obstructive as their staff should this be escalated to the appropriate HMCTS Area Enforcement Team.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Hi Claire,

It may be a good idea to pop along to see your MP at this point and see if he can get involved. They sometimes have some clout in these matters, its worth a try.

Comment

Originally posted by seanamarts View Post
        Hi Claire,

It may be a good idea to pop along to see your MP at this point and see if he can get involved. They sometimes have some clout in these matters, its worth a try.
        You can write to your MP directly at www.writetothem.com, or google for your MP's local office and phone them as a matter of urgency.

Comment

Who did you get to talk to at the Court? You need either the Court Manager or Fines Officer. I think seanamarts hit the nail on the head earlier when suggesting you get a letter or similar from your midwife or other medical professional, after all when did Collectica become experienced in medical matters.

Comment

Yes, it is becoming clear that to prove vulnerability you need to provide definitive medical evidence (letters, prescription repeats, etc...) if your vulnerability is not immediately obvious. The fact you are pregnant does not necessarily mean you are vulnerable, hence the letter.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post

The fact you are pregnant does not necessarily mean you are vulnerable, hence the letter.
              Collectica are using a catch all for those who are expecting and tar all with the same instead of treating each on its own merits. Given the problems the OP appears to be suffering from they should have no option but to admit there is an issue this time. Of course it does not make the sum owing disappear but there is the opportunity for it to return to Court and an adjustment to payments made, there is also the possibility of the Bench remitting all or some of the monies outstanding

Comment

Absolutely. Sorry, I didn't mean to imply the OP was not a worthy candidate for vulnerability, more that just being pregnant in itself does not mean vulnerability as some (not the OP) appear to think.

Comment

Spoke to collectica again where they have agreed to put it on hold for 21 days while i send in mat 1 form and a copy of maternity folder showing im being treated as pprom. Will let you no what happens.

Thanks again for all of your help would of been stuck without it.

Comment

Originally posted by claire123 View Post
                    Spoke to collectica again where they have agreed to put it on hold for 21 days while i send in mat 1 form and a copy of maternity folder showing im being treated as pprom. Will let you no what happens.

I'm pleased to hear they are being sensible about this, you should also send a copy of anything to the Courts.

Comment

Good grief! How did you manage to get them to behave themselves, threaten to perform some excruciatingly painful surgical procedure on them without the benefit of an anaesthetic? :grin:

On a more serious note, it is good to hear Collectica has, finally, seen sense and is now taking the matter of your pregnancy seriously. If my memory serves me correctly, vulnerability applies during the pregnancy and for six months following the birth of the baby.

Comment

One thing for everyone to remember is that the enforcement companies are reading all the forums on a more regular basis. A lot of the times with vulnerability issues is that the Council or whoever the creditor is or the Enforcement Co & their Agent have no clue as to debtors circumstances and each has to be taken on its own merits.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
                          One thing for everyone to remember is that the enforcement companies are reading all the forums on a more regular basis. A lot of the times with vulnerability issues is that the Council or whoever the creditor is or the Enforcement Co & their Agent have no clue as to debtors circumstances and each has to be taken on its own merits.
                          Very true, which it is why a debtor must provide the proof at the earliest possible stage, as they would rather ignore vulnerability if they think they can get away with it.

Comment

Sry not been on for a while, had a lovely visit off a enforcement officer today wearing a t shirt which was way to tight for him ( was trying to be intimidating with none existing muscles). where i was told i had been charged 225 for the visit for him to check my maternity folder to look ad the orig documents i had already sent to prove pregnancy, he said my debt is on hold until the 27 oct ( when baby is due) then it will be reopened i need to be making payments in the mean time. it may go back to court but will be sent back to them so they can collect the debt and theirs nothing i can do about it. also he doesn't need to enter my home as the car on the drive has been seen and would cover debt which i reply by laughing my head off as its boyfriends car not mine he got abit snotty and went. as for the on hold because i am classed as vulnerable why send some absolute peanut out to me to be basically bulled. i am fuming atm. any advice would be great.

Comment

Please tell me that this is not true !!! What on earth is going on. This really does need to be brough to the attention of MoJ straight way.

Did the officer leave a notice of any sort confirming that he had charged a fee of £225 for today's visit ?

Comment

Sry not been on for a while, had a lovely visit off a enforcement officer today wearing a t shirt which was way to tight for him ( was trying to be intimidating with none existing muscles). where i was told i had been charged 225 for the visit for him to check my maternity folder to look ad the orig documents i had already sent to prove pregnancy, he said my debt is on hold until the 27 oct ( when baby is due) then it will be reopened i need to be making payments in the mean time. it may go back to court but will be sent back to them so they can collect the debt and theirs nothing i can do about it. also he doesn't need to enter my home as the car on the drive has been seen and would cover debt which i reply by laughing my head off as its boyfriends car not mine he got abit snotty and went. as for the on hold because i am classed as vulnerable why send some absolute peanut out to me to be basically bulled. i am fuming atm. any advice would be great.
                                I would complain to the court enforcement team about this today if you can. Failing that, ask to speak to the Court Manager.

Firstly, if Collectica and the court enforcement team have full details of your pregnancy, there is no need for him to attend. If all enforcement action is currently on hold, he should not be anywhere near your home. He is, technically and legally, acting without lawful authority and, therefore, the visit he has made could be termed as unnecessary, if not, vexatious.. Ask the court to strike the fee from the record. To the best of my knowledge and belief, they can only claim this if the warrant is "live". If enforcement action has been suspended, the warrant is not exactly live, is it? Collectica have form for taking enforcement action when a warrant has been suspended.

He is talking total stercus bovi about recommencing enforcement action on the day the baby is due. The vulnerable status applies during the pregnancy and for 26 weeks following the birth. He either doesn't know what he is talking about or has gained his Diploma in Advanced Bullshitting. If he tries to take your boyfriend's car, that is a total no-no and could result in him attracting more hassle for himself and Collectica than he wants or can cope with.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X