• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

cabot financial and court claim plz help.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: cabot financial and court claim plz help.

it says in the letter that they received it on the 14th they actually received it on the 11th don't know if that makes a difference.

Comment

amythest any ideas ??

Comment

Sorry, yes meant to say, write back to them and say you are surprised they are unable to find the details considering they have bought a county court action against you for this very account and suggest they communicate with their solicitors who are acting on their behalf, as the claim form gives no further information than what I gave you in my original request. Therefore here is my £1 back, off you pop and find it like good little DCA's.

(but nicer ) and............ cc it to Mortimer Clarke
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

It sounds like this is all a stalling tactic because they know they can't get the agreement.

Can you confirm if the address you have now is the same one when you had the account?

Comment

ok hun thank you, what about times scales does it all start again with the new letter or still stay with original dates? also not heard a thing from Mortimer clark so guessing that's a good thing too. sorry for all the questions but do I have to inform the court?

Comment

no kafka its a different address from when I had the account, to b honest I wouldn't have a clue as to which address its under as moved a lot with work. but would have thought the claim number would have been ok.

Comment

I don't think the address is that important, they have bought a court claim against you at your current address so therefore have linked that agreement to that address.

Timescale not all that important, we can just list this curfuffle in the defence. For ease though say it starts when they received your request first time. Actually I'd attach a copy of your original request to this new letter, with your £1 back again.
                #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

The timescale stays the same. If they haven't complied with your requests for disclosure by the time the defence has to be in, we will say that a full defence can't be submitted owing to this failure to comply (which are serious issues to the court).

There's no need to tell the court anything at this stage, we are still building the case against them. The court is just waiting for your defence and we need to do that by the due date.

Comment

ok amythest ill draft a letter today and post, send original letter back too with postal order see what I get back from them. thanks again for the help

Comment

kafka does this all work in my favour then for my defence when its due, just so I can get my head around it.

Comment

All of this is good stuff, because the case against them is building up. Its also pretty typical for Cabot!

Comment

ok well something to smile about for the time being. thanks

Comment

I once wrote a defence for someone against cabot and we asked for disclosure of the Notice of Assignment that was sent by the original owner to confirm the sale of the account. They cobbled one together on the bank's headed paper - as most DCAs do - but signed it with the name of a different bank. They're just muppets who rely on frightening people into paying them.

Comment

well fingers crossed we can win this one. what are Mortimer clark like, they are the solicitors not heard anything from them either

Comment

amythest what do u mean cc it to Mortimer clark, do u mean send a copy to them too ?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X