• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Swift - enforcing fine ?

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Swift - enforcing fine ?

Posting on behalf of new user.

I dont know what to do! I had a court fine and i sent off my income and expenditure and waited to hear from them. A few weeks later a man knocked on my door saying he was from swift and had a warrant for my address, i asked him what it was for and he gave me a letter which was for the court fine of 105 pounds plus swifts charges on top which now comes to over 400 pounds, i asked him to show me the warrant but he just messed about with his ipad and said hed already showed me it, which he hadnt. my partner came out and told him to leave the driveway as he was trespassing, and he said he could take my car if i didnt pay up. My partner said it was his car not mine and closed the door. I rang the court to find out what was going on and they said they hadnt received my income and expenditure form and it was too late now as they had passed on the fine to swift. i rang swift and told them i cant afford to pay this and could i set up a payment plan. they will only accept 200 pounds in two payments over two months. I work but my wages just about cover mortgage food and bills. I suffer from depression and this is really got me down, please help!
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: Swift - enforcing fine ?

What was the fine for and on what date did you get it?

Do you have proof of postage for the income and expenditure that you sent off (I assume this was the back of the same sheet where you could make a plea?)

Did you hear anything from the court after sending off your I&E and the person from Swift coming round?

Comment

I drove through a no entry sign by mistake and parked up and wasnt supposed to park there, a policeman came up and said he had me on cctv and i would get three points on my licence and a fine. Because there was mitigating circumstances it went to court, but i couldnt go because i had to work. I wrote a letter explaining the mitigating circumstances and sent my driving licence, the court date was 2nd of April. A week later i got a letter fining me 105 pounds and three points on my licence. The letter said about contacting the court to make payment, so i wrote back explaining my financial situation and wrote down my income and expenditure and asked could i pay an amount monthly that they decided. I waited to hear and then about 3 weeks later, swift turned up at my door. They said they had already written to me, i havnt received any letters before this. When i rang the court, they said that they had rang me before it went to swift, but a man had answered and they asked him to tell me they had rang. Problem is, my dad minds my daughter when im working, and he gets a bit forgetfull and he didnt tell me. I dont have proof of postage either. I told swift i would pay the 105 pounds but they want over 400 and i cant afford it.

Comment

LINKED TO: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...swift-bailiffs

I'm a little confused here as when you get the court documents where a plea is made (and presumably where you mentioned the mitigating circumstances), you normally have an income and expenditure form in there to fill out and return with the plea.

What paperwork did you receive before the court date of April 2nd?

Please could you also clarify whether your ex is living at your property still as one version has him there and the other doesn't. Also, did you explain to the bailiff that you believe you should be classed as vulnerable as you are a single parent with a history of depression provable by your doctors?

Sorry for all the questions. :beagle:
        Last edited by Wombats; 3rd July 2014, 13:44:PM.

Comment

I dont remember getting a form, im sure i would have filled it in if i had. When i got the fine for 105 pounds and the three points, i just wrote a letter to the court explaining my income and expenditure, i just wrot down my monthly income and all my outgoings and asked them could i pay the fine monthly to an agreed amount, and i just waited to hear back. When the swift guy came, my ex was here visiting our daughter and he answered the door and spoke to him, i then went to the door and told him to leave. Ive never had to deal with a bailiff before so i dont really know anything about it, I have been on anti depressants for ten years, im not even allowed to do lone working where i work because occupational health said im too vunerable, but i didnt know this would make any difference with the court or bailiffs.

Comment

I dont remember getting a form, im sure i would have filled it in if i had. When i got the fine for 105 pounds and the three points, i just wrote a letter to the court explaining my income and expenditure, i just wrot down my monthly income and all my outgoings and asked them could i pay the fine monthly to an agreed amount, and i just waited to hear back. When the swift guy came, my ex was here visiting our daughter and he answered the door and spoke to him, i then went to the door and told him to leave. Ive never had to deal with a bailiff before so i dont really know anything about it, I have been on anti depressants for ten years, im not even allowed to do lone working where i work because occupational health said im too vunerable, but i didnt know this would make any difference with the court or bailiffs.

Comment

You could be potentially vulnerable so send proof to the court and Swift, no guarantee they will find you vulnerable but the Occupation Health findings might be useful along with 10 years on antideppressants.

Comment

Thankyou so much for all your replies, im going to write a letter to the court and get proof of posting and the same to swift.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X