• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Notice of enforcement agent visit to your premises

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Notice of enforcement agent visit to your premises

Hi all,
    I am new to this but here goes.......
    I have a debt with a EA which I have made payments of 117.35 per month, I missed last months payment but have made this months. When I woke this morning there was a letter of notice through my door and the amount on the letter has risen by £253.00.
    Can anyone inform me to why this cost has gone on and what to do from here please.

many thanks

Xxxx
    Tags: None

Re: Notice of enforcement agent visit to your premises

Can you tell us what this is for and how long you have been paying it?

Comment

This is for a council tax default which was sent to Newlyn debt recovery. My bill was 637.00 I have made 3 payments which brought it down to the £300s, ok yes I missed 1 payment last month but made 1 last week thinking that with my extra overtime this month I would be able to pay the remaining balance off. Which I can't do now as they have add the extra £253.00 on.
      Thanks for you reply.
      Kate

Comment

Was the letter hand delivered?

Is the amount actually £235, not £253?

Comment

In addition to the excellent questions above, some basic adivce.

Do not let the EA into your property, keep doors locked. Move any vehicles a good 10 minutes or so walk away if you cannot put them in a locked garage. Importantly, keep paying what you can during this, but pay directly to the council using their online payment system or automated telephone line - if this enables you to catch up with your payments as they would have been, that may be helpful.

Remember these people have no right whatsoever to enter your home, so do not be threatened or intimidated by them - if they do come, try to video everything on a mobile phone and talk only outside (door locked) or through a window.

Has the EA actually ever been to your house, even if they did not enter it? Please double check the amount - £235 would make a lot of sense, £253 less so.

Comment

The £253 could be a typing error, but check things otherwise add up as in does the total asked for make sense, as they will use the £253 even if an error, for any calculations. Good advice above.

Comment

My brothers notice of enforcement was only £90 from Shergroup bailiffs. £253 sounds too high :tinysmile_cry_t:

Comment

Originally posted by dansal View Post
                My brothers notice of enforcement was only £90 from Shergroup bailiffs. £253 sounds too high :tinysmile_cry_t:
                Shergroup are High Court Enforcement Officers. The £253 here is almost certainly a typo and should read £235, this being the Enforcement Stage fee.

An Enforcement Notice is given at the start of the Compliance Stage and the fee is £75.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X