• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

jacobs unreasonalbe and unhelpful (parking fine)

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jacobs unreasonalbe and unhelpful (parking fine)

Hello all

I shall try and keep this simple.

Basically I got a call from my ex house mate (I moved house and have yet to change my address with DVLA) saying that a very rude bailiff had hand delivered a letter stating that they would be returning in 24 hours to remove goods.

I called the enforcement agents number and to say he was the rudest most unhelpful person I had ever spoken to is an understatement. The jist of the call was "its your debt do what you want I don't care" as a result of this I called my local council to see if I could deal with them direct and they said I couldn't. I then called the bailiff head office who said I could only deal with my local agent, regardless of me explaining that I couldn't get anywhere with him and that my last conversation with him consisted of a seven minute call with his answers been one words and resulted in him hanging up on me (I text him afterwards politely stating that I was willing to resolve it etc. and had no reply)

Anyway the debt is for £400 more or less and for a parking ticket I got apparently - that's as much as I managed to establish from him.

I was wondering what my options were, I plan to email the letter asking for a break down of costs to the bailiff office (not writing as I figured if I give my new address my car could be clamped)

I also want to make a complaint about my local agents whole attitude (made my ex housemates wife cry when he delivered the letter with the way he spoke/treated her)
    Tags: None

Re: jacobs unreasonalbe and unhelpful (parking fine)

Without a new address he may return upsetting the wife even more ! Best to use the advice that will follow have you given DVLA new address if not more penalties and fines may be on there way .
    Without defending Bailiffs they can only go to the address that is the last know so that is not the way to avoid trouble for those still there Bailiffs are only after the money

Comment

You will have to take ownership or Jacobs may well take your mates car, they have form for taking and selling third party cars, or try to seize his property are you working or on ant benefits?

Comment

im working

Comment

How much can you afford realistically a week? try to give the bailiff a down payment, and arrange to pay off the remainder. He does not need a Control Order on goods to make an arrangement no matter what he spouts.

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
            ... they have form for taking and selling third party cars...
            ...and know how expensive it is to recover such vehicles. But don't we just love reminding them about it. :grin:
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

I can afford 50 a week but theres no talking to this guy

Comment

In the first post the OP says its for a parking fine apparently? Do they know exactly what its for ?

Comment

Did you get the PCN on or after April 6th 2014?

Did your ex housemate receive any letters or correspondence from the enforcement company prior to the one you mention in post 1. If the offence was post April 6th, there should have been a letter giving 7 clear days notice (excluding Sundays) during which you could come to a repayment arrangement with the EA. Was the received at the last known address for you?

Comment

Hi all sorry for such a late reply,

I had emailed and complained about the agent and heard nothing back.

Low and behold I have now received a letter (see below)

Comment

picture
                      Attached Files

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X