• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Collectica

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Collectica

Good day people, I've been sent over to your website from the very helpful members over at getoutofdebtfree.org. I was told i may be advised better here due to the nature of my situation.

So, I'll get straight into it, I was issued a penalty notice by the police in January this year, I didn't pay the initial fine of £90 in the allocated time of 30 days. The ticket I was issued had an invalid number to pay and to cut a long story short I got pissed off with ringing different offices and not being able to pay my fine so I put it away to do 'some other day', silly me :|

I moved address a month or two after all this and received contact about a month ago from my old landord informing me that I had a stack of post from HMCTS and Collectica and that bailiffs had visited the property trying to take goods. My fine now stands at £425 which I cannot afford to pay so whats my next step? My old landlord has informed them of my new residency however I haven't contacted Collectica myself yet as I don't want to enter into any contract with them via telephone.

Any help on this awkward situation would be so so so helpful, I don't know if I'm lawfully obliged to pay these bailiff fees, ideally I just want to pay the court what I owed them in the first place. If that can't be done though I would hope to put a payment plan in place thats realistic for me, £5 a week or something like that. Any info and help again is much much much appreicated, thank you in advance,

Christian
    Tags: None

Re: Collectica

Hi Christian,

Welcome to LB!

Is it possible to give a link to your thread on GOODF please so we can have a read of anything they said to you before we start with any suggestions? We'll have as complete a picture of the background as we can have then.

Thanks.

Comment

Are you working or on benefits?

Comment

Originally posted by bizzybob View Post
        Are you working or on benefits?
        I work part time, two jobs

Comment

I only exchanged a few messages with one Platinum member of the website explaining what I have done here really, he sent me straight here pretty much my friend..

Comment

OK, no problem. I assume this was a Fixed Penalty Notice then. What was the FPN issued for? Did you not have the ability to pay it by post? Is it possible to post the ticket up with your personal details removed but incorrect telephone number left on please?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post
              OK, no problem. I assume this was a Fixed Penalty Notice then. What was the FPN issued for? Did you not have the ability to pay it by post? Is it possible to post the ticket up with your personal details removed but incorrect telephone number left on please?

Thanks.
              It was indeed a Fixed Penalty Notice, issued for theft from a super market, I attempted to nick a ink cartridge I regret to say but hey ho, I've learnt my lesson. It wasn't an invalid telephone number; it was the actual ticket/issue number, with which you have to state via telephone to get through to a human, that was invalid. I informed the local station who issued me the ticket about this and was told they couldn't help me, 'just ring the number'. I know it sounds so bad and it is just me all over really, but my original ticket went through the washing machine in a trouser pocket I could try an obtain a copy of the ticket from the local police station though I wouldn't hold my breath after my last visit if you know what I'm saying..

Thanks for your time and help I appreciate having someone to talk to massively..

Comment

You'll have been given a PND (Penalty Notice for Disorder) - just one type of FPN - it would have been a DA12 for retail theft.

After accepting the notice you had 21 days in which to either pay it in full or request a court hearing. If, after those 21 days you have not made payment, a fine of one and half times the notice will be registered with your local Magistrates' Court for enforcement. In your case this means you'd at this stage be liable for fees of the fine (now £135) plus £75 Compliance Stage Fee plus £235 Enforcement Stage fee = £445.00

Apparently the issue of an incorrect number is quite commonplace but not one I have come across before, so while I think you will need to contact the Fixed Penalty office of your local Magistrates' Court, in order to guarantee the right advice I've contacted someone who will look in later in the weekend and either advise themselves or contact me so I can advise further.

Hope this helps.
                Last edited by Wombats; 28th June 2014, 10:30:AM.

Comment

Okay thank you for your time and effort looking into this for me. Have you had any contact back yet from the person you spoke to? If not do you think my next step should be to called the FPN office at the court?

Comment

I'll email them now - give them today and then see. On the case immediately! :beagle:

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X