• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Enforcement: Unlicensed Vehicle

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enforcement: Unlicensed Vehicle

Hi all, I'll keep this brief as I'm sure you guys read tons of these stories daily!

I was an idiot and failed to update my new address with the DVLA when I moved house, I subsequently failed to tax my car as the reminder letter went to my previous address. My bad, I'll take the hit.
    My car got reported while I was at work and taken from my workplace and impounded. So I went the next day, released my car for £160 and taxed it immediately. I then had to pay another £80 penalty for failing to renew my car tax on time. I'm pretty skint at this stage as I have paid out the entire value of my car in fines!! But all seems fair if not a little steep, then I got a letter from DVLA saying that there is a separate enforcement charge that is not linked to the impound lot or the penalty. It required me to pay £85 to prevent it going to court.
    So I phoned up to pay the £85 and put this episode behind me. The woman on the phone said the enforcement case had been closed and a new one had been opened. The new one requires a payment of £207 to prevent it from going to court. I asked why the new one had been opened, she said there was a discrepancy in the details. I asked why it was over double the price, she said she was not at liberty to explain. The 2nd letter has arrived at my house and is identical to the first with the exception of the time it occurred, one letter says 06:46, the second says 06:45.
    Can anybody help explain this to me, it seems extremely suspect.
    Many thanks in advance if anyone can help.
    Tags: None

Re: Enforcement: Unlicensed Vehicle

financialization

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
    Working...
    X