• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Please help a newbie !! Thanks

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help a newbie !! Thanks

I recently printed a letter off the BBC Website and posted it to A & L, trying to reclaim my bank charges, which add up to over 2000 pounds, ive received a letter back today from them, basically saying im not gonna get them back, cause they feel they're all fair. WHat can i do now ? I cant afford a solicitor etc ! Please help !!

Hi there, when i first wrote the letter to A & L, i was missing a few statements, which A & L told me i had to pay £5 for every statement i wanted, so i just let it go an dwent on what i had ! Ive since found a letter that u can send to the bank asking for the exact total of charges theyve took off me, would i b wise in starting again and sending this letter then resending the other one after i add it all up ?

Comment

And, this is maybe a bit of a stupid question, but where u said to open up a thread in the A & L Forum, wheres that !! ??

Comment

Hey vicky just a little hello, I am also claiming from A&L at the moment (for my partner)

If you need help or support just shout!
        When we love, we always strive to become better than we are.

When we strive to become better than we are, everything around us becomes better too.

Paulo Coelho

Comment

Hi there, is it a lot of work to do it ? Are they being stubborn ? How long roughly would u say it takes ?? Thanks ! Anyh advice greatly accepted !! lol

Comment

Originally posted by VickyW View Post
            Hi there, is it a lot of work to do it ? Are they being stubborn ? How long roughly would u say it takes ?? Thanks ! Anyh advice greatly accepted !! lol
            Hello Vicky.

We all know how you feel, truely most of as have trodden the path.

The first thing you have to realise is that this is not going to happen overnight.
            I started the SAR in october last year and got my cheque in may. So It can take a while, but who's in a rush. Think of it like a savings account that you did not know you had.
            Each bank is different, some pay before court and some pay after. (I personally think its best to be paid after you issue the claim, because you get the 8% statuatory interest on top )

There is not that much work involved, a couple of letters before court. And the court thing is easy and not scary at all.

There are lots of experienced people on this site to help and offer advise to you.

Just follow the tried and test route and you will get your bank charges back

Comment

Hi Vicky,

The A&L will pass you from pillar to post, trying to stall and put you off.
              Don't let it happen. I have made a claim against them and got all the charges for six years returned plus interest.........It was like a fixed term savings plan. I am now coming to the final stages of doing three claims for other members of my family against A&L. I have already refused their offers of about 50% of the monies owed. Stick with it.....they took your well earned money unlawfully and by law they must pay it back. Just follow the process in the letters library, stick to the timetable in there and you cannot go wrong.
              http://www.legal-beagles.co.uk/forum...brary-letters/

Good Luck,
              Hod.

Ps. keep us posted on your progress via this thread.
              Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X