• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Halifax claim ~ Settled~

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Halifax claim ~ Settled~

Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone could give me some advice as getting very twichey.
    1)05 April recived 6yrs charges total £6945 without intrest
    2)16 April wrote asking for charges- recived reply saying they would be looking into complant may take six weeks.
    3) Ingnored this and sent letter before court, recived letter from Halifax saying they are still investigating complant and would reply before 14 June.
    4) Ingnored this again and started money claim on line at cost of £250.
    5) Halifax filed acknowledgment of service on 23rd May

Day 14 of 28 day dead line and woundering if it is worth ringing the bank to try and get a settlement as i have read the court encourages you to try and reach a settlement. Also becoming very nervours at the prospect of standing up in court to defend myself, i know it may not come to that but does anyone think its worth ringing them for a speeder solution. xx
    Last edited by ActionPlan; 13th June 2007, 12:44:PM. Reason: spelling error

Hi Action Plan

There's no need to be nervous, Halifax tend to be one of the 'better behaved' banks and so far have refunded the most money.

Just a couple of questions for you.

What did you put in your Money Claim: Particulars of Claim section?

Are all your charges within 6 years old?

Did you add 8% interest to your claim at MCOL stage?

As for contacting them....hmmm, I cant see the point right now, wait and see if they file a defence, if not you can start badgering them then.!
    "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi Celestine,

Copied consumer action template on particulars of claim from 01/01/2001 to 05/03/2007. Stated that charges are unfair penalty under consumer contacts 1999 etc. Also stated under county courts act that i am entitled to intrest of 8% per annum from the date the money was deprived etc. Does this sound right? Also thanks for the advice xx

Comment

That all sounds fine then Action.
        The only further advice I would offer is to write to Halifax asking them to send you copies of the applicable Terms & Conditions during the life of your account.
        In the light of the recent Lloyds 'victory', claimants need to be prepared to show that they have attempted to get the T&Cs even if the bank do not cooperate.

As this is a Halifax claim, it is unlikely that you will get any problems, they will settle very soon.
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Just wanted to get off my chest!

Hi all,

Has anyone had this happen:

Get paid my wages in the bank on Monday so have Direct Debits coming out on Monday. Noticed on a statement that the Halifax had taken £39 charge for that day for a missed DD payment. When i contacted the bank to tell them i did have money in the bank as i have been paid. They said that although my wages were in the same day the DD was taken before my wages had gone in that day. My wages are always in when i go to the cash point at 6am in the morning and don't see how i can moniter DD to the hour. It all seems a little suspect to me. I have now opened a new account with a different bank and my DD go out with no problems on the same day as i get paid.

Comment

Another Question

Hi again,

Just a couple of questions:

1)As the Halifax has now filed an acknowledgment of service should i send the court my spread sheets or should i wait until the Q&A stage for this.?

2) Also when i log into money claim there is a section about jugdment do i have to do anything about this yet?

Comment

Thanks

Cheers Deller i have just printed off the cover letter. xx

Comment

Day 15 of Day 28...

Hi again,

Recived x2 letters from Halifax this morning:

1 Letter) they have sent my last 6yrs statements again, not sure why so i will put this down to human error.

2 Letter) Thank you for you recent complaint about the charges but under the terms and conditions get lost your not havin your money (well words to that affect).

No mention of court action

Becky xx

Comment

sounds to me like they don't actually talk to each other. One dept has now concluded their 8 week investigation while another has had your court paperwork.
                  Pearls of Wisdom.

Be true to yourself and be strong.
                  Be happy with whatever life has dealt you.
                  You can never have too many friends... or too many shoes.

Comment

Day 21 of day 28

Hi,

7 days to go until they must submit there defence-no word from the Halifax yet, hop they settle soon!

:rolleyes:

Comment

Question

Hi Again,

Just wondering what the likelly hood is of the Halifax not submiting a defence. If this happens i'm i right by thinking i can then ener a jugdment againist them and i then get the full amount. And if this happens how do i get the money back?

Thanks xx

Comment

It's not quite that simple ActionPlan - have a read of this and see what you think.

http://legal-beagles.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=101
                        Last edited by Amy; 26th July 2007, 10:38:AM.

Comment

Thanks

Thanks Amy,

Ok i get it- the best course of action would be to write again if it comes to that. Oh gosh hope they settle before this the waitings hell.

Thanks for the advice xx

Comment

Day 21 of day 28

Hi All,

Couldn't wait any longer as i thought i might explode- so i rang the Halifax, a nice lady answered call Ruth i told her i was ringing to discuss a settlement! She said all she could tell me was that a letter had been genarated today and i should recive it within 4 days, but she could not disclose what was in the letter.

This sounds like there going to make an offer, fingers crossed it will be very close to the £8000 were asking for.
                            Last edited by ActionPlan; 12th June 2007, 17:45:PM.

Comment

Ooooooooh that sounds tantalising! Lets hope its a nice juicy offer, then you can buy the first round at the Beagle Party in August.

Good luck, fingers crossed for you.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X