• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

i need some help and advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• i need some help and advice

I have 2 outstanding council tax accounts with rossendales. A bailiff came to the house in April and left me some paperwork to fill in and send back. I filled it in and there was a delay in sending it back as i was waiting for wage slips for my husbands work. I have in the meantime contacted rossendales and the bailiff and explained the situation. The bailiff who i last spoke to 2 weeks ago said that he was no longer assigned my case. At this point i have made 2 cash payments posted to their office, unfortunately i did not send them recorded delivery. I have had another bailiff come on Tuesday to collect the money owed or take the car away. I explained that i need the car as i live in a rural area and work till early hours and there is not a bus service. After begging and pleading with him he gave me until tomorrow to pay the smaller account in full. I now have looked at my financed and will not be able to pay in full in one go and need till next Friday to pay fully. He left 2 pieces of paper which say no arrangement will be made and is wanting £100 a week to clear the larger debt in 12 weeks. What can i do? I do not have anybody i can borrow the money from and still have to feed the children. Any help greatfully recieved
    Tags: None

Re: i need some help and advice

Do you have the exact dates for all of this? What are the letters called that you have received?

Comment

Are you saying you posted cash via Royal Mail?

You need to write a formal complaint to the CEO if your council. CC Rossendales in on the letter. Explain the delay in sending the income & expenditure form was due to you waiting for hubbys wage slips. Advise the council that you are being forced into punitive repayment plans that you can't afford. Tell them this is contrary to guidance given by both the MOJ & the DCLG.

Tell them that Rossendales are threatening to remove your car unless you agree to the punitive repayment plans. Include the fact that you live in a rural location and need the vehicle to return from work in the early hours as there is no public transport.

Offer to pay an amount that is affordable to you and ask that recovery action is suspended whilst this plan is being agreed.

Any problems, post back. If you could hide the car in a garage somewhere for a few days, just to be on the safe side, it would be a good idea.

Comment

Originally posted by ploddertom View Post
        Do you have the exact dates for all of this? What are the letters called that you have received?
        Thank you for replying. The first one came April 9th. I text him and e-mailed head office may 16th and again June 6th which was when the bailiff said he was no longer assigned to the case. The second bailiff came on 17th June. When i explained to him that the company my husband works for only gives wage slips every 3-4 months due to the accountant. He replied that they had dropped us in it then. Neither of them have been inside the house the second one has not been on the property i met him at the gate. I can pay the smaller debt of 366 but need to pay over the next week as money goes into my account.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X