• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

N power. Hi I'm new and am at my wits end.

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• N power. Hi I'm new and am at my wits end.

Hi I'm new and like most people who deal with n power at my wits end. Briefly, new meter 2009. First quarter usage, normal, 1229 kWh. The next couple of years ok bit erratic but average.

Someone was moving in next door and Scottish power inadvertently took our supply. Letter received from n power saying sorry your leaving us July 2011. Immediately I rang to say this is a mistake. N power sent a letter saying having trouble closing account so rang again. Said they had closed account so needed to open new one. Read meter 25th August 2011 03759 Actual by DC no one read our meter. I had no contact from Scottish power then or since. Now n power say that Scottish power gave them a closing read of 39431 apparently taken on 25th August which did not line up with our previous reads so n power took it upon themselves to align my bill with the longer digits rather than investigate. I have their memos under an SAR.

I received a bill for over 2000 in April 2012 as they said that my meter is a six digit meter and the have been billing me on a four digit! They estimated that I would use 233,000 units in the next 12 months at a cost of £27,000 ? On one bill it states I used over 7000 units in 14 days.

I went to ombudsman who upheld their argument going on the erroneous read of 39431. I have read quite a few articles on how they have done this to other people. I am going to the mattresses!,,,, Anyone got any views on this.?
    Tags: None

Re: N power. Hi I'm new and am at my wits end.

''They estimated that I would use 233,000 units in the next 12 months at a cost of £27,000 ''

Blimey do you live in a theme park? lol.

What is your actual meter reading currently and have you given that to N Power?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
      ''They estimated that I would use 233,000 units in the next 12 months at a cost of £27,000 ''

Even if they gave the correct reading, do you think they would put the account in credit by thousands of pounds
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Hi ya, n a, no power must think so or maybe some mansion they looked up my house on mouse price - reading of 03759 was in 2011 it is now 08728.2 although now they are calling it 87282 which equates to app 16000 kWh per year. They have brought it down since that 233,000 it's now just under that last letter it was 180,000 kWh? My consumption is about 2300 per year as I cook and heat with gas. I am a 'young pensioner' with 2 non dependent children who are out all day so just me enjoying all that electricity. N power will not listen even though it is a ridiculous amount.

Comment

I went to ombudsman who upheld their argument going on the erroneous read of 39431.
          I've been googling like billyo to see how you can complain/appeal this - and there doesn't seem to be any appeal process if it was the Ombudsman's final decision! Was it?

As this case is so absurd - crazy - if it were me I would go to see my MP, in addition to writing letters to all the relevant authorities outlining the situation.

Comment

This was puiblished today by Which? http://www.which.co.uk/news/2014/06/...npower-371346/
            Ofgem to take stronger action against Npower Npower told to speed up improvements for customers

19 June 2014

Ofgem has decided to launch an investigation into the complaints and late billing issues that have been plaguing Npower for months. This news comes in the same week that Which? revealed that Npower received the highest number of customer complaints out of all the Big Six energy suppliers during the first three months of 2014.

Npower has not managed to achieve the progress expected, dealing with its 400,000 outstanding bills and unsatisfactory complaints handling. Customers will be pleased to hear that the energy regulator will be taking charge, enforcing penalties and restrictions if Npower doesn’t clean up its act.
            Maybe contact OFGEM direct?
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Can't understand why the ombudsman has sided with Npower - it is just so obvious that they've ignored the 0 and the decimal point in the readings.

Any chance you can scan/post up the ombudsman complaint and adjudication?
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

How you getting on susie?
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi There,

Sorry not replied but have been really unwell - thank you for the support guys. I really appreciate it.

I am taking N Power to Court as it's the only option left to me. Directions: - 1. Asked for new meter installation that everyone can read not the six digit one (I appear to be the only one in the country with one?) 2. Any debt to be cleared so that I can move to another supplier. 3. Compensation for the last three years of stress, phone calls, and ill health owing to N Power. Maybe N Power will listen.

A kettle/load test was done while I was the phone to a really nice customer service guy and it used 0.2 units. He said it was evident that the previous read was incorrect and said he would put it right. Now I find I cannot talk to him as my account has been moved to High Usage. N Power now say "No, it used 2 Units" must be a huge kettle. Just got their new bill £6,000! which on the back of their new "transparent bills" says that you can boil a kettle 9 times and it will use 1 kWh. This is why my only alternative is the Court to get this settled once and for all. Any thoughts??

Comment

Originally posted by susieanne93 View Post
                    Hi There,

Sorry not replied but have been really unwell - thank you for the support guys. I really appreciate it.

I am taking N Power to Court as it's the only option left to me. Directions: - 1. Asked for new meter installation that everyone can read not the six digit one (I appear to be the only one in the country with one?) 2. Any debt to be cleared so that I can move to another supplier. 3. Compensation for the last three years of stress, phone calls, and ill health owing to N Power. Maybe N Power will listen.

A kettle/load test was done while I was the phone to a really nice customer service guy and it used 0.2 units. He said it was evident that the previous read was incorrect and said he would put it right. Now I find I cannot talk to him as my account has been moved to High Usage. N Power now say "No, it used 2 Units" must be a huge kettle. Just got their new bill £6,000! which on the back of their new "transparent bills" says that you can boil a kettle 9 times and it will use 1 kWh. This is why my only alternative is the Court to get this settled once and for all. Any thoughts??
                    Try on Twitter - I tweeted and they ask me to get you to tweet them. https://twitter.com/npowerhelp

Have asked them to take a look. If you can try tweet them with your acc reference hopefully someone sane will look into it.
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

Might help Susie if you can photo or scan in a couple of these bills / letter from Npower, and definitely the ombudsman letter. If you have trouble uploading them you can email me admin@legalbeagles.info.
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi,

Have attached three documents. 1. Showing the erroneous reading of 39431 and my meter reading of 03759 both taken on 25/8/2011. 2. One annual consumption letter showing 3,389 kWh and (3) one showing 233,149 kWh - in fact my consumpton of electricity has gone down since the 3389 it is more in the region of 2,394 which is what my meter is telling me since the reading of last year (June 2013 of 06334) now it is 08728. There is only me in during the day and two of us adults and one child evenings and weekends. I think we would have to be going some to use the sort of electricity they are talking about. I have looked up all our electrical items on which's website and inputted the make and model and added the worst annual cost of each item and that only adds up to just under 2000 kWh. I cook with gas and heat with gas. I did N Powers own average costing for a four bed detached house with a family in all day (2 adults and 2 children and that was a total annual spend of £897. For a couple out at work during the day it was about £600.

Many thanks for your input I don't feel quite so alone with this now.
                        Attached Files
                        Last edited by Amethyst; 27th June 2014, 16:24:PM.

Comment

Thanks for those I 've taken down the first one as you left your details on it xx
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Hi,

Heres the other one with all references to me or my meter removed.

Thanks,

Susieanne93 xx
                            Attached Files

Comment

Lovely. I tweeted them your 27k job but guess they have gone off for the weekend.

Do you have the ombudsman's adjudication letter too pls.

Is your current bill £6k now?
                              #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X