• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

FCA Requirement Notice: Debt and Claims Limited / GrassRoots Financial – Financial Co

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FCA Requirement Notice: Debt and Claims Limited / GrassRoots Financial – Financia

I asked about it under FOI. Not much help though.

Please could you provide, under the Freedom of Information Act, all documents, emails, staff guidance, and consumer guidance, published or unpublished regarding the enforcement of Financial Ombudsman Money Awards through the County Court system. Specifically any communication between the Financial Ombudsman Service and the Ministry of Justice.

In regard to your first question – I can confirm that the Ministry of Justice does not hold this information. There is no specific guidance for either staff or consumers regarding the enforcement of Financial Ombudsman Money Awards produce by the Ministry of Justice. I have checked both HMCTS records and with colleagues in the Ministry of Justice Policy Team. They have also confirmed they do not hold any specific communications between themselves and the Financial Ombudsman Service. I have also checked the corporate records system and this does not have any correspondence with the Financial Ombudsman on the enforcement of awards.

Both MOJ and FOS refused to go through files to see how many actual enforcements there had been of FOS awards, stating they don't hold the information on computer and would have to read through around 81,000 warrants manually at a cost of £125k lol.

So bit crap, anyway, how are you getting on?
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Re: FCA Requirement Notice: Debt and Claims Limited / GrassRoots Financial – Financia

Originally posted by Clio666 View Post
      Hi

We have received a letter as shown in thread 18 of this discussion and I'm after some advice. Our story is pretty much the same as others who are dealing with this hideous company; but we didn't go ahead and sign the DMP as my husband got suspicious and when we were told how much a month we would save from our creditors by paying grass roots we knew it just wasn't right! But we had still paid over £489 per month for three months prior to this information by not paying our creditors on the grass roots agents say so; and have since been repaying that debt directly now to our creditors, which in turn has created a bad credit report. We knew we had been scammed and after all the stress of finances at that time we just were glad to brush grass roots under the carpet!!
      so at the moment we are not current clients but after receiving that letter and realising that they have our money,as it would not have had any creditors to pay, are we likely to get it returned now the fca have issued the requirement notice?? Is there anything I have to do to to ensure any money is returned to us? Personally I think the company is just gonna run and not pay anything out as other people are experiencing that at the moment. After reading other peoples threads on their dealings I know that we are probably the luckier ones to not have gone ahead with the DMP, but we are still bearing the brunt of the financial implications of having paid them money for a service we obviously was never going to receive.
      Sorry Clio we've completely missed your post How are you getting on with this ?
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Sorry I haven't been on here for a while. Been crazy busy and been on holiday.

After I last spoke I emailed Tony Boorman who passed on my concerns to someone else (not sure if it's his PA or someone - who knows). Anyway, she agreed with me that the guidance on how to enforce the decision needs to be clearer. However, because the matter is being dealt with by the FCA in terms of the requirement notice she believed that it should be dealt with as part of that process.

She has spoken to the FCA and was waiting for an update from them as to them enforcing the settlement to be paid (especially as based on Grassroots letter it has now gone way over the 4 weeks that was mentioned).

I haven't heard from her for a few weeks so am going to chase her up this week.

Comment

Still no closer. Fos and fca have apparently done all they can so we need to take it to court. Therefore we're back to where we started with nobody having a clue how we do that

Comment

http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...eaflets_id=224

Form - http://hmctsformfinder.justice.gov.u...t_forms_id=555
            #staysafestayhome

Comment

In case of confusion it used to be called warrant of execution, they just changed the name to warrant of control.

The tribunal courts enforcement act confirms you can execute the money award in the same way you would a court judgment.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
                In case of confusion it used to be called warrant of execution, they just changed the name to warrant of control.

The tribunal courts enforcement act confirms you can execute the money award in the same way you would a court judgment.
                So I can just send that off with the fee and not have to lodge the case with the court first (which is what I was being told before)

Comment

In my opinion, yes.
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

I have today received a cheque........

in my husband's name,.........

for £20!!!

Comment

from Grassroots?
                      #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yep. From GRF Debt

Comment

Cheeky gits, any communications with it?
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

Yep. I'll upload it.

I've spoken to the FCA this morning and they have given me an email address that should work (which is more that the financial ombudsman would)

Comment

Yep. I'll upload it.

I've spoken to the FCA this morning and they have given me an email address that should work (which is more that the financial ombudsman would).

The woman who has been dealing with it from the ombudsman was supposed to have sent me a calculation so that I can put it in the court order but she still hasn't.
                              Attached Files

Comment

I'm currently back to going round and round in circles with the Court about this form. Basically they haven't got a clue!!

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X