• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Lifestyle Claims Ltd - Can Section 75 get me my money back

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Lifestyle Claims Ltd - Can Section 75 get me my money back

I wonder can someone help me, Lifestyle claims are in Administration and being so naïve ( and the man being very persuasive on the phone) I foolishly paid them £849.99 (£149.99 for Admin fee plus £700.00 for a Platinum service) in 2009.

Platinum service was for no additional fees when the PPI claim was successful, and to "zero-balance accounts" or "closure of accounts" of my credit cards. If not, the fee is refundable, obviously this did not happen.

Im aware of Section 75, so I rang MBNA because I used their credit card for the £700 platinum service. The man told me I needed to have the T&C's, so he is sending me a form to complete.

I have kept a good paper trail but I think I paid them for everything before I got the T&C's.

They cold called me, pestered me for weeks til I eventually answered, unfortunately.

Just looking advice, if possible

Thanks

colly1978
    Tags: None

Re: Lifestyle Claims Ltd - Can Section 75 get me my money back

Hi there, Sorry to hear you have been caught out by this firm. I'll flag your thread up for someone who will be able to help you get this sorted out xx
    #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Amethyst

Many thanks

Colly1978

Comment

Typically Lifestyle charged an administration fee of £299.99 which was contractually refundable if the claim did not succeed. If you didn't pay by credit card but by debit card you could try making a charge back claim which is technically different from a sec 75 claim for credit cards.

Again, typically, Lifestyle would then call the customer again after a couple of weeks and flog them a 'priority service' for the claim for around £700 which they verbally assured the customer was refundable at the end of the claims process in any event. In our experience of dealing with their victims Lifestyle never issued any written terms & conditions for the priority service which made it difficult to prove breach of contract for the sec 75 claim. However we have an arrangement with the Claims Management Regulator at MOJ who can provide you, on request, with an historic document from Lifestyle that confirms that the priority service fee was indeed refundable at the end of the claims process in support of our members' sec 75 claims.

The thing that's unusual here is that you appear to have written terms & conditions for what appears to be the priority service but in your case is called 'platinum service'.

So 2 questions:

1) Do you have the T&Cs for the platinum service and if so can you post them up remove any personal info?

2) Does your name appear in the list of creditors that appear sideways in the attached document? Please note that the names are not in alphabetical order within their letter groupings.
        Attached Files

Comment

EXC

Thank you for replying

I thought I had T&C's but I looked all weekend to find them and I cant.
          All I have is a letter from Lifestyle explaining the Platinum Service and confirming that I had met their criteria to "seek zero balance"

Is this letter of any use for Section 75?

Comment

My name does not seem to be on this document

Comment

Originally posted by colly1978 View Post
              EXC

Thank you for replying

I thought I had T&C's but I looked all weekend to find them and I cant.
              All I have is a letter from Lifestyle explaining the Platinum Service and confirming that I had met their criteria to "seek zero balance"

Is this letter of any use for Section 75?
              It may be but I'd like to see it so we know whether we should use it or not. Don't worry about Lifestyle T&Cs, we have them.

Also are you sure it was Lifestyle Claims (Client Connection Ltd) rather than Lifestyle Money (All Debt Solutions)) who you signed up with?

Comment

It was "cento client review" trading as "client connections ltd"
                I can scan the letter and email it to you in the morning

Comment

Ok I'll PM you the address.

Comment

Hi Colly

Thanks for the letter.

I don't think we should use this as it does not imply that the fee is refundable. You're better off relying on the MOJ document that confirms the fee is refundable.

When I get a minute I'll draft an application for you.

Can you just confirm that the PPI claim didn't succeed? If so we can claim the £149.99 back too.

Also I'll need the dates on which the 2 payments were made.

Comment

Hi EXC

I had the following 3 claims with them:

Skycard (Now Barclays) - They got me a reimbursement payment but took 30% also even though I paid an extra £700 for the platinum service
                      Barclaycard - They got me a reimbursement payment but took 30% also even though I paid an extra £700 for the platinum service
                      MBNA - They were unsuccessful with MBNA claim

The date I paid them £149.99 for the platinum service was 04/09/2009 I have the receipt and it was through Barclays Credit card I have not rang them to confirm this yet

The date I paid them £700 for the platinum service was 03/11/2009 and I spoke to MBNA they confirmed this to me on Friday

Hope this helps

Thanks again

Colly

Comment

Thanks.

We can't claim the £149.99 admin fee as it was only contractually refundable in the event all the claims didn't succeed but there's all to play for with the platinum fee. Was it £700 exactly or £699.99?

I'll draft an application to MOJ for the document and e-mail it to you first thing.

Comment

£700 exactly

Comment

I've e-mailed you what to send to MOJ.

They can take a few weeks to respond and usually do so by post. Let us know when you have it and we'll work on your section 75 claim.

On the 30% commission fees you paid for your PPI refunds, how much and how did you pay?
                            Last edited by EXC; 18th June 2014, 06:42:AM.

Comment

Thanks very much EXC

I Paid the following in commission:
                              1. Skycard £209.15 ( full claim was £593.35, their bill was £178.00 + vat at 17.5% £31.15 (Paid with VISA card)
                              2. Barclaycard - I wrote them a letter and told them I wasn't paying the 30% on this claim and after a lot of hassle they stopped trying to get the fee

Hope this helps

Colly

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X