• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statutory Demand Threat Personally For Company Account

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Statutory Demand Threat Personally For Company Account

Yes, that's what I read so it's not so clear cut as a personal SD seemingly;

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    If the company has a valid defence to the demand, it can apply to the court to stop the creditor presenting a winding-up petition.The company should seek legal advice before applying to the court.
    The fact remains though that there is no Court named anywhere on the form so how I defend it heavens only knows. I have no idea what to do now.

Comment

I'm asking for you. Get the set aside appl for the personal account sent in though.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Okay. You need to continue negotiating with Ashley's for a settlement figure/repayment arrangement to avoid them applying for a winding up order. If they do put a winding up order in you can argue against in but as a business contract for 20k you will need to get professional assistance. Maybe give Richard at Howlett Clarke a call, you'll be able to find out your options from him http://www.qualitysolicitors.com/how...ard-schaverien but there would be solicitors costs involved if you wanted him to act for you/formally advise. There could be arguments on misrepresentation of the terms of contract (ie. the third party / the average turnover issues / the retaining 100% / the refusing to negotiate or accept you passing on the % from the PDQ takings etc.

Small businesses really do end up stuck without any protection at all, they are expected to be as good at complex financial negotiation and contracts as the huge corporations - and it is very unfair.

Definitely include in the personal set aside that you weren't advised to get independent legal advice before signing the personal guarantee.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Hi Amethyst, I emailed my completed application for set aside of the personal SD to you the other day. But for adding that I was not advised to get legal advice, is the rest of it ok to submit?

Gollum

Comment

Also, do I include evidence like the email communication to show that it was in dispute and the contracts etc? And is there a Court cost to submit it?

Comment

Yes, anything you include you need to mention in the statement and add the COPY documents as Exhibits. Otherwise yes it is fine and shows there is a clear dispute over the debt and contract.
              #staysafestayhome

Comment

Thank you

Comment

I'm back!

Is there any way this thread can be made private? I'm concerned that posting specifics about my situation could jeopardise the outcome.

Many thanks
                  Last edited by gollum; 14th December 2014, 22:09:PM.

Comment

Hi,

Could I please trouble one of you good people to help me suss out the FSA standing of this outfit? In Amethyst's post #48 she found that they were part of a group, Ultimate Finance Group PLC in Bristol, and that Ultimate Finance PLC had interim permission. I've checked the register again and the status appears to have changed. When searching for 'Ultimate' there are 2 seemingly connected entries:

Ultimate Finance Group Plc BS32 4TD
                    Ultimate Finance Limited
                    No longer registered as an Appointed Representative
                    Ultimate Finance Limited BS32 0BQ
                    Registered (AML only) Y
                    Could someone please explain the above for me?
                    Also, can Ashley Business Cash Ltd, a separate ltd company registered in Manchester, inherit authorisation of its parent company or does it need its own registration?

Thanks.

Comment

Just looked at Ultimate Finance PLC and in their footer it says they are owned by yet another company!

Copyright © ultimate finance group plc | Registered address: First Floor, Unit 1, Westpoint Court, Great Park Road, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 4PS
                      Registered in England and Wales No. 4350565 | Ultimate are wholly owned by Inspired Capital plc (LSE:INSC) | Complaints Procedure

Very confusing!
                      Last edited by gollum; 16th December 2014, 18:05:PM.

Comment

Hi Gollum, How are things going? Did the SD get set aside?
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

Originally posted by gollum View Post
                          Just looked at Ultimate Finance PLC and in their footer it says they are owned by yet another company!

Copyright © ultimate finance group plc | Registered address: First Floor, Unit 1, Westpoint Court, Great Park Road, Bradley Stoke, Bristol, BS32 4PS
                          Registered in England and Wales No. 4350565 | Ultimate are wholly owned by Inspired Capital plc (LSE:INSC) | Complaints Procedure

Very confusing!

Just to make it more confusing ''Inspired Capital is the new name for Renovo Group PLC.''
                          #staysafestayhome

Comment

FCA Interim on that postcode M2 3FX

A2Z Loans Limited SK4 1BS /
                            M2 3FX
                            a2zloans, Alphabetloans, Theloanwizard;loanz365.co.uk;loanz2u.co.uk loanz-compare.co.uk Multi-loans.co.uk Jediloan.co.uk Liquidfinancial.co.uk Theborkertree.co.uk Themoneyserver.co.uk;jediloans.co.uk;magicfinance. co.uk, compassloans.co.uk,
                            Scott Richardson Limited
                            No IP issued
                            Consumer Debt Solutions Ltd M2 3FX /
                            M2 3FX
                            Business Debt Solutions, Loan Solutions;Acura Credit Counselling
                            No IP issued
                            Debts SOS Limited M2 3FX /
                            M2 3FX
                            Money in control;Money Matters Made Easy;Home Owners in control;Money Matters Made Easy;Loan Loan Loan; Money in Control
                            No IP issued
                            Money Simply Matters Ltd BL9 5BN /
                            M2 3FX
                            Debt Lighthouse, Debt Simply Matter;debt advice centre;write off my debts;bankruptcy Centre;money advice line;debt advice service;debtline advice
                            No IP issued
                            Secure My Money Limited SK11 0LP /
                            M2 3FX

Which all sound like fine upstanding companies.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            This was the response from the FCA previously

Thank you for your email of 13 June 2014 and for contacting the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA) regarding your query.

Your email queries about several companies who lend to business and you asked whether they need authorisation with the FCA.

Both Ashley Business Cash Limited and Ultimate Finance Group Plc are firms that hold consumer credit licences and therefore they are registered with the FCA and can be found on the FCA's Consumer Credit Register. I have provided a link to this register below.

http://fca-consumer-credit-interim.f...rSearchPageNew

I could find no details about Ashley Commercial Finance and you may wish to query the status of this particular firm with the company directly.

I hope that you have found this information helpful. If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact our Consumer Helpline on 0800 111 6768; or alternatively you can find more information on the FCA website at www.fca.org.uk

Yours sincerely

Michael Bailey
                            Customer Contact Centre
                            Financial Conduct Authority
                            Consumer Helpline: 0800 111 6768
                            ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Firm Name: Ashley Business Cash Limited
                            Interim Permissions Reference Number: 651779
                            Current status: IP issued
                            Register Status Effective Date:
                            End Date:
                            Firm Reference Number:
                            Principal Place of Business Address: First Floor, Unit One westpoint court Great Park Road Bradley Stoke
                            Bristol
                            South Gloucestershire bs324ps
                            Registered Office Address: First Floor, Unit One westpoint court Great Park Road Bradley Stoke
                            Bristol
                            BS324PS
                            Phone:
                            Fax:

Contact Email:
                            Danielle Jewell
                            djewell@ultimatefinance.co.uk
                            Firm Name: Ultimate Finance Group Plc
                            Interim Permissions Reference Number: 524030
                            Current status: IP issued
                            Register Status Effective Date:
                            End Date:
                            Firm Reference Number:
                            Principal Place of Business Address: First Floor, Unit one Westpoint Court, Great Park Road, Bradley Stoke
                            BRISTOL
                            Bristol bs324ps
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

Well I'm even more confused now!?

Yes, Amethyst it did get set aside but a lot has happened since then and I am still battling with them.

I asked earlier if this thread could be made private. Is that a possibility?

Many thanks, Gollum

Comment

Hello and a Happy New year to everyone.

After a relaxing Christmas, I now have to begin dealing with this again so I'm just trying to get my head round what the FCA registration may mean for me.

Bearing in mind that the original 'loan' from Ashley was technically a Sale & Purchase agreement between my Ltd Company and Ashley, does them being regulated under the Consumer Credit Act even have any bearing at all? As they required me to sign a personal guarantee, such as it was, and they are now coming at me personally for the balance, will that be regulated under the CCA?

I'm just trying to understand what their standing is/was and how it effects me now. Ashley Business Cash Ltd appear to have moved from Manchester now and registered at Bristol

Ashley Business Cash Limited
                                IP issued
                                First Floor, Unit One westpoint court Great Park Road Bradley Stoke
                                Bristol
                                South Gloucestershire bs324ps
                                First Floor, Unit One westpoint court Great Park Road Bradley Stoke
                                Bristol
                                BS324PS

Danielle Jewell
                                djewell@ultimatefinance.co.uk

Firm name: Ashley Business Cash Limited
                                Interim Permissions reference number: 651779

Consumer credit business Entering into a regulated credit agreement as lender; and exercising, or having the right to exercise, the lender's rights and duties under a regulated credit agreement. Active
                                No right to canvass off trade premises

Many thanks, Gollum

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X