• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

British Gas Warrant of Entry

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: British Gas Warrant of Entry

Originally posted by beagle007 View Post
    have rang the magistrates court again told by admin office BG have booked "court time" for applications court-where multiple warrants will be issued. Told again that no information has been laid and BG will only do this just before application hearing-It would appear in order to obtain an exact copy of what BG information has been laid and sworn before the court I will have to present and at best only have minutes to digest information obtain legal advice and prepare my case-Surely this is contary to Article 6 and iIwould have grounds for an adjournment in any event?Asked admin office what court procedure allows BG to present appplication and lay information at last minute with no disclosure to respondent-claimed that they could not give out legal advice-even though I pointed out I was asking for proceedural advice?Asked about procedure for claiming costs against BG if they withdraw application on day-told costs nothing to do with court I would have to take matter up with BG-In short the whole process appears to be smoke and mirrors with BG holding all the levers including the court lever-any experiences or feedback appreciated
    With your agreement, Beagle, I would like to draw your findings to the attention of the editorial team at the UK Column. As well as producing a hard copy newspaper, they also broadcast a daily video newspaper via Livestream Monday - Friday at 1.00 pm BST/GMT. The video newspaper has a worldwide audience. Let me know if you would like this done as UK Column, which is a community media project run by volunteers, exposes the sort of thing you have come across.
    Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Originally posted by bluebottle View Post
      With your agreement, Beagle, I would like to draw your findings to the attention of the editorial team at the UK Column. As well as producing a hard copy newspaper, they also broadcast a daily video newspaper via Livestream Monday - Friday at 1.00 pm BST/GMT. The video newspaper has a worldwide audience. Let me know if you would like this done as UK Column, which is a community media project run by volunteers, exposes the sort of thing you have come across.
      No probs bluebottle provided you send the current British Gas CEO a hard copy of your newspaper.Do not know their name or address as BG have repeatedly refused to supply it or forward any complaints or corrospondences to BG CEO-In meantime would welcome any advice from anyone with similar experiences.

Comment

No updates since sept?

I have been to court five times to defend BG application for a warrant. At the last hearing the Magistrate said quite clearly "This is not a a matter for this court" and refused the warrant. A week later I received another letter saying they were going for a sixth application for a warrant. I complained and two debt collection agencies, two home visits and 60 telephone calls later I've again been invited back to court a little over a year after the fifth application. No information supplied, just repeating that I owe them money...
        I am not a solicitor. Please seek your own legal advice before relying on my comments in this forum!

Comment

Originally posted by Animal View Post
          No updates since sept?

I have been to court five times to defend BG application for a warrant. At the last hearing the Magistrate said quite clearly "This is not a a matter for this court" and refused the warrant. A week later I received another letter saying they were going for a sixth application for a warrant. I complained and two debt collection agencies, two home visits and 60 telephone calls later I've again been invited back to court a little over a year after the fifth application. No information supplied, just repeating that I owe them money...
          Make a counter claim against BG under protection from harassment act 1997 pointing out ferguson v british gas trading limited
          Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

I AM SO GOING TO GET BANNED BY CEL FOR POSTING terrible humour POSTS.

The Governess; 6th March 2012 GRRRRRR

Comment

Originally posted by teaboy2 View Post
            Make a counter claim against BG under protection from harassment act 1997 pointing out ferguson v british gas trading limited
            It's not the county court - can't do counter claims in mags court and they don't allow expenses or costs (I tried). They won't go to the county court. I've invited them to do so, but they just keep applying for warrants...
            I am not a solicitor. Please seek your own legal advice before relying on my comments in this forum!

Comment

It's not the county court - can't do counter claims in mags court and they don't allow expenses or costs (I tried). They won't go to the county court. I've invited them to do so, but they just keep applying for warrants...
              So whats stopping you from issuing a claim at county court against them? You don't need to ask their (BG) permission!
              Please note that this advice is given informally, without liability and without prejudice. Always seek the advice of an insured qualified professional. All my legal and nonlegal knowledge comes from either here (LB),my own personal research and experience and/or as the result of necessity as an Employer and Businessman.

By using my advice in any form, you agreed to waive all rights to hold myself or any persons representing myself of any liability.

If you PM me, make sure to include a link to your thread as I don't give out advice in private. All PMs that are sent in missuse (including but not limited to phishing, spam) of the PM application and/or PMs that are threatening or abusive will be reported to the Site Team and if necessary to the police and/or relevant Authority.

Comment

So whats stopping you from issuing a claim at county court against them? You don't need to ask their (BG) permission!
                Cost. Risk of costs being awarded against us. Look earlier in this thread...

Comment

Back from court, application rejected.
                  BG rep was actually quite decent. Willingly told judge how BG had "accidentally" closed their bank account resulting in charges to my account. He admitted under oath that the alleged debt consisted of charges, not supply. He explained to the judge that the gas had been switched off so a pre pay meter was pointless... He asked judge to dismiss the application, which the judge was happy to do.
                  Others there defending applications, one of which didn't even have gas in the property...!

Comment

Others there defending applications, one of which didn't even have gas in the property...!
                    Which is one reason why BG needs investigating and its applications for warrants scrutinised a lot more closely. Better still, restrict their access to the courts since they appear to have a penchant for being somewhat economical with the actualities or, simply, making it up as they go along. Good result, though. Well done.

Comment

I've had an idea as to get around the risk of legal costs. Invoice them for the time spent dealing with the issue and having to attend court - giving them 14 days to pay. After which, if no payment is made, issue a county court claim for the unpaid invoice. That way, you can claim the amount you have charged them for the time spent dealing on the matter, time you can not claim back. And the court would hear all about BG actions, and you'd have no risk of losing since your claim is not for harassment but for an invoice for sums owed for your time spent having to deal with their vexatious litigations and applications to the magistrate court!

Comment

I've had an idea as to get around the risk of legal costs. Invoice them for the time spent dealing with the issue and having to attend court - giving them 14 days to pay. After which, if no payment is made, issue a county court claim for the unpaid invoice. That way, you can claim the amount you have charged them for the time spent dealing on the matter, time you can not claim back. And the court would hear all about BG actions, and you'd have no risk of losing since your claim is not for harassment but for an invoice for sums owed for your time spent having to deal with their vexatious litigations and applications to the magistrate court!
                        Not bad :-)
                        However, could you legitimately invoice where there's no contract? And at what rate?

Comment

However, could you legitimately invoice where there's no contract? And at what rate?
                          BG caused you to incur unnecessary expense as a result of their misfeasance and abuse of the courts and legal system. The other - and less expensive route - is to badger the Attorney-General to place BG on the Vexatious Litigants' List.

Comment

Not exact same circumstances, but the pricinple of wasting your time is the same - http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...ing-phone.html

You can charge for your actual financial losses (expenses) and charge a fix some per hour for time spent on dealing with the matter. The court may even award you more than what you claimed

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                            Working...
                            X