• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

E-On heading into court

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• E-On heading into court

Hi
    E-On defending court action by aggrieved customer - what a cheek.
    I have been arguing with E-On for a long time after they forced a pre-pay meter onto me. I paid the accounts up but have been charged throughout for arrears through their crazy pre-pay meter system. E-On failed to provide full accounts to both me and the Ombudsman and now we are off to court, hearing in a few weeks. :tinysmile_hmm_t2:
    Tags: None

Re: E-On heading into court

What exactly is your claim for?

Comment

hi - I kept it short deliberately but maybe too short, "I paid the account up" same week they fitted prepay meter.

Comment

In all honesty, I would have gone elsewhere. I keep on changing utility suppliers. At the moment EDF works best for me.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr $quandaŁot View Post
          In all honesty, I would have gone elsewhere. I keep on changing utility suppliers. At the moment EDF works best for me.
          I did go elsewhere and have been trying to get my overpayments back ever since - will let you know how it goes.

Comment

Hi - updating this one. I have now received the papers following a SAR and find huge discrepancies in what E-On have been saying in the past, both in bills and to the court when I took the claim on. At that time I did not have all the data and E-On managed to convince the District Judge to dismiss the claim, not proven on what I had with me. I did not have legal representation at the time. I have now put together a comprehensive and clear claim which has been put to E-On to consider prior to another court action. Received a rude email from Carol Pink, E-On Retail?, Nottingham basically telling me to **** off. What a shower this lot are. Not satisfied with being fined millions for their selling fiascos, they now need another investigation into their severe customer service failings - the sooner the better.

Comment

Update: sent my complaint into Energy Ombudsman with new evidence, rejected, refused to re-open. Sent back to Ombudsman with section of relevant legilsation highlighting rules surrounding new evidence. Rejected again by short two lined email stating that the file was closed. Hopeless. Have clear evidence but cannot get the ombudsman to take it on as they appear to be deliberately ignoring the legislation. Where now?

Comment

"Watchdog", "you and yours"?

Comment

thanks, will try some of these and maybe a good solicitor when I can.

Comment

Hi - I got in touch with the regulators again and they still rejected the new evidence on the basis that they had alredy made a decision! What hope is there for anyone when even the regulators fail the public. I received an email from the energy ombudsman advising that decision before they had even received the new files from me! I immediately pointed this out to them and they still sent back the same message. It appears that they do not have any trained staff, do not know what the regulations state, and even when they do, they are not prepared to put in the work. What a disgrace. I can show that E-on swindled me out of money and yet I cannot get it back - unless I have lots of money to spend on a good lawyer that is. I have seen so many complaints online about this company it is not surprising given their inadequate management of customers accounts.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                    Working...
                    X