• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Erudio woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Erudio woes

Regarding your concerns as to the completion of the DAF, I would advise that if the completion of this is required by the business in order to defer the loan, then you will need to do so.
    Okay. So where's the explanation of WHY you have to use their form?

If you sign then you're confirming that you ALLOW them and ACCEPT that they're changing the T&Cs of your original agreement with SLC. Aren't you permitted to NOT allow them change the T&Cs? Don't the FOS understand that you'll be doing that and that you don't allow them to change them?

Can you get back to them and ask where it says you MUST sign that form, because from everything I've read you don't have to.

I still wouldn't sign, but I know that this sh*t really does weigh heavy on your mind every single day. Even though this is making me feel ill and I haven't even been at it for as long as you I'm going to say that I'll NEVER sign that form. No idea how I'll feel a few months down the line.

I'm going to the CAB for advice (really just so I've got some more blurb to write down in my Erudio folder!) and whatever the outcome of the latest crap I've been handed and not replied to (a really intrusive form asking me to vouch for how I spend every penny of my monthly income) I'm going to get an appointment to see my local MP. Again, not sure what this is going to do for the cause, but it's all going on record.

That £75 pay off is just a joke.

Is there anyone higher than the FOS because, to me, it sounds like they don't get the point.

That letter's like bribery. Any ideas what your response is going to be? Have they given you a REPLY BY date?

Comment

Hi Pluthero, For what it's worth, I think you did well. You got most of what you wanted. Weigh up carefully whether fighting further is going to be worth it for you or whether you'd just be banging your head against a brick wall. Unfortunately the ombudsman has a point about the form and there are laws to prevent them doing what they like with your information. If it were me I'd quit while I was ahead - these are sharks you're dealing with, they have sharp bitey teeth and you've just knocked out a few, so well done!

Comment

Hi, today I've had 3 post 98 loans deferred by Erudio without completing a DAF. I have escalated a complaint to the FOS but this was only in the last couple of weeks. Attached are copies of the letters I sent if it's any help to anyone

cover letter

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...it?usp=sharing

earnings declaration

Erudio replied to the first letter refusing to defer without a form so I following a call they logged a complaint and sent a reply, will scan it later. I responded with the below and heard nothing until today.

final complaint letter

Comment

I would remove your name from the 2nd document.

Comment

Originally posted by Nibbler View Post
            I would remove your name from the 2nd document.
            thanks, missed that one

Comment

Great - well done. Giving hope to all

Comment

Pleasantly surprised. Was expecting to get a default notice. Still got one loan undeferred which they haven't even acknowledge my application. Hoping they put that one into default so I can have some real fun with them.

Comment

Congrats and thanks a lot for sharing your letters!

Yesterday I was sent the YOU DIDN'T FILL OUT THE FORM DO IT!!! (paraphrasing) letter and after reading your complaint letter I sent an email to Erudio after being inspired by it.

The Data Protection Act breach you mention has given me ammo for further communication with this company. You should see the form they sent me to complete demanding I vouch for every penny I spend per month as part of their "payment plan" proposal for arrears I'm disputing I have!

Excellent news. Good luck with the other application.

Comment

Couple more attachements

1. Erudio response to my call telling them I wouldn't be completing a DAF
                    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_u...ew?usp=sharing

2. Letter confirming deferment

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B_u...ew?usp=sharing
                    Last edited by gustavep; 27th January 2015, 20:00:PM. Reason: removed name from deferment letter

Comment

I'd frame that. (Psst, left your name on it).

They've really done a turnaround with that one. If I needed any more convincing to not sign the form, you've done it.

If they don't defer your other loan, how are they going to wriggle out of that one? They have to be consistent as they said :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Again, thanks. Feel free to feel smug and flick the Vs at Erudio's website!

Comment

Good luck with them, took a lot of patience. Might be worth going to the FOS ombudsman as well if you haven't already.

They got my back up from the very first letter they sent me which arrived unsealed. Had the joy of speaking to their "helpline" which convinced me they were a joke organisation. I've rung them three time,spoke to the same person three times. Convinced he's sat in an office alone

Comment

I'm saving the FOS for their reply, so shouldn't be too long before I do.

My DAF didn't arrive and the chimpanzee on the "helpline" (his name was Robert) told me it'd been returned to them, so I think I'll complain that they didn't try to get in touch between March and December to let me know I hadn't been deferred. So incompetent. At least when my forms to the SLC "went missing" they had the courtesy to tell me they were going to start withdrawing £ from my DD.

"Robert" came across as pretty rude and someone I just didn't want to deal with. I don't want to phone them again, but if I do I'm recording it. I think it's illegal to do that, but meh. I've told them I only want communication by mail or email.

I wouldn't be surprised if they're skimping on employees. They make such a botched job at administration they're either really short on staff or MOST LIKELY they're a bunch of halfwits. Really, really awful company <--- understatement.

Comment

Well I got a "Matthew" so there is either at least two working there, or they're changing names. It was the rudeness that really got my back up. Unwilling to show any understanding or provide any explanation of what was required. Just a script monkey unable to think for themselves.

I was told that "they needed the form signing." When I asked what additional info they needed, "you need to sign the form" was the repeated reply. Wish I had recorded the call. "Matthew" confirmed that they had all the info they required, just that they needed my signature on the form. No need to fill in any other details on the form, no need to even add the income details, just sign an return the form. Seemed a but suspect to me.

Comment

Hello, could I please jump on the end of this thread?

I've had 3 student loans since 1994/5/6 and have deferred every year without any trouble. In March last year I received a letter pack from Erudio informing me that my loans were now with them and that I owed them money - as far as I was concerned I had an agreement with the SLC and my deferment was in place until Jan 2015. I emailed explaining my confusion and heard nothing back until April when they said they needed proof of my deferment - so I scanned in my letter from the SLC and I heard nothing until an email in May (after I sent an email confirming that since they hadn't replied I could assume everything was in order) although this email was a standard 21 day reply and I never received anything more until a letter in the post just before Christmas informing me that I had been in arrears since June and owed them almost 800 pounds.

I've disputed this with them for over a month now and today they have responded and said that the letter I had from the SLC is "not an agreement stating your account is deferred". The letter that I scanned and sent was the only thing I had from the SLC and worked fine for them so why are Eruido not acknowledging it as a deferment letter?

I also had to point out that I had received no deferment forms from themselves (ever!) but for the coming 12 months so they did email me a copy of those to print off and return, which I did by recorded delivery, but again I've had no acknowledgment of these forms.

Just to add to the bother I live in Australia so my deferment with the SLC has been issued under an Overseas Income Contingent (which is perhaps why Erudio are choosing to be obtuse and not recognise it as deferment - even though the forms I have filled in and sent back to the SLC have always been their standard deferment forms) and the only phone number they are prepared to give is their 0845 number which I'm not prepared to ring from here.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Comment

First thing to be aware of is that ERUDIO are a DCA (debt collection agency) and are foremost interested your MONEY. They bought your student loans for 17p in the pound! This I argue is a great conflict of interest with their other purpose as the people whom should be deferring your loans should you be under the repayment threshold!

You are quite right that they will be obtuse in any thing to do with deferment. It's not helped that Capita are running the show with their world famous abysmal customer service.

As you are abroad set up the 'read receipt' option with your email so you can PROVE they received it! If you must use recorded mail for your initial deferment and email the same info as back up! NEVER EVER PHONE THEM!

Be firm and tell them the SLC docs were good enough in the past and the Original Loan terms still apply. If they insist otherwise tell them to send you legal proof that they are NOT!

Basically you are going to have to be firm in dealing with their bullsh*t. If you are under the repayment threshold send the IDENTICAL info you sent SLC in the past. You can use Erudio's DAF or your own letter. They may reject this info, stick to your guns and resend the info with EVERY NASTY threatening arrears letter they will send. Then forget about them until next years deferment and repeat until your 25 years/50 year loan time frame is up.

Oh and expect LONG waits between emails.

TOP TIP is to put all your loan ref/name/DOB/ref numbers on EVERY email you send them or they will claim they lost it or did not receive it or could not process it etc etc!

Oh they are up in court soon for various issues but not sure I can post the link outlining the case on here. Maybe a mod could tell me?

If I can save one person from falling into Erudio's pit of despair I consider myself to have had a good day.

HTH
                                Last edited by Pluthero; 4th February 2015, 20:57:PM.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X