• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Erudio woes

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Erudio woes

It the same procedure as anything else really.

Put a formal complaint in writing, saying that unless Erudio repay, correct, defer, or whatever they are failing to do, then you/they will be taking the matter forward as a complaint to the Financial Ombudsman.

FOS may cost them, and can make a binding decision and award (modest) redress.

Comment

Originally posted by Pluthero View Post
      RE the Erudio sell off documents and the imposition of new ‘procedures or Terms and Conditions’ being allowed by the Dept of BIS as part of the sale.

I wrote this to the FCA:

I would like to make the FCA aware of some information regarding the Govt/BIS sell off of my student loans. Under the sales agreement BIS have given ERUDIO the right to change the terms and conditions of deferment and collection. See section 10.2.2 of the sell off, here is the relevant clause:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/nplvr6tjoy...0.2.2.JPG?dl=0

Sale and purchase DOC LINK:
      https://www.dropbox.com/s/pjzix1oh1a...ement.pdf?dl=0

Now the GOVT/BIS assured me at the time of assignment that the Terms and Conditions of my loans would not change as indeed the NOA from ESL did as well. This is a lie. They have actually written into the sale terms an agreement that 'ESL are allowed to use 'procedures .....materially different than those of the SLC....in order to increase the purchasers return [maximise profits]....'

I believe that assigned debt terms and conditions cannot be changed without consent?

Also you can see the effects these 'materially different procedures' or what are in reality changes to the terms and conditions, have had on honest deferrers with the FOS complaints data over ERUDIO'S behaviour : http://www.ombudsman-complaints-data.org.uk/ A Horrendous record I am sure you will agree.

How much suffering and lies do 250,000 ex-students have to endure before some legal body makes ESL behave in a responsible manner?

Thanks again for your time on this etc

Could I ask everyone affected by the Erudio sale to please complain to the FCA and indeed the FOS over this injustice.

Thanks
      Brilliant - My son will be writing this week. they are robbing him blind (£70 per month) and his income is less than £5000 pa. Ex-students have been conned and lied to. Wingco
      Last edited by Wingco; 3rd April 2016, 10:03:AM.

Comment

Keep complaining folks. Here is a call for your war stories from another forum. A few journalists interested in your ERUDIO ARROW GLOBAL BACKED TALES OF WOE:

4th Apr 16, 11:57 AM
        Emma Lunn is asking for people affected to contact her asap on twitter [MENTION=81094]EmmaL[/MENTION]unn or at her email emmalunn2002@hotmail.com . Its also been retweeted by someone working for the guardian, so now is the time to quickly get in touch and tell all whilst interest is hot.

Update:
        1) If it goes to press, Emma Lunn will be writing it for the Guardian.
        2) Got this tweet as well from Callum at MSE: I'm taking this on as a potential story for MSE. I'd be happy to hear from you on callum.brodie@moneysavingexpert.com
        so
        please do email/contact him as well Twitter name [MENTION=7103]pos[/MENTION]tCallum.
        3) Paloma Kubiak, now at yourmoney.com, is also looking into a potential story.
        4) Here are some tweets ive had today:
        "Finally spoken to manager at Erudio and appears to be a major screw/cover up going on. They are aware of press being involved tho" and "Manager just said to me he wasn't aware of the 8 weeks contractual obligation so I taught him something new!"
        Last edited by erudioed; Yesterday at 6:09 PM.

It is YEAR 3 of the ERUDIO ARROW GLOBAL backed deferment/administration process and they STILL cannot even send out PAPERWORK ON TIME!!!

Comment

Update.

Finally deferred and all arrears wiped. Only took 3 years!

I never used their DAF. I never backed down in my belief that using a bespoke letter was enough to satisfy the original loan terms as the various DAFs were not fit for purpose. Thanks to all on the numerous threads who helped fight these fleecing cretins.
          Don’t stop fighting for your rights.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
          Working...
          X