• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Arrow Global Partial SAR Response

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Arrow Global Partial SAR Response

In 2003 I obtained a Barclaycard through Littlewoods Personal Finance. In 2005 I reached the £1800 limit on the card and couldn't afford to pay it back. By the time the debt had passed to a DCA the balance owed had somehow ballooned to something over £4,000. This was probably due to fines for none payment and late payments, though I haven't investigated that yet and have no documentation from those days.

The debt passed through two DCA's before ending up with NCO Europe, and I started to make regular payments to them in 2007. Due to a lack of statements from NCO I lost track of how much I originally owed and how much I'd already paid back. The debt was purchased by Arrow Global in late 2012 but NCO was retained as the DCA.

After a dispute in February 2014 I chose to stop making payments. In early April 2014 I received a Notice of Assignment from AG stating that Rockwell were now the DCA and I should make payments to them in future. Within days I sent a CCA request to Rockwell and a SAR to AG. Rockwell replied promptly saying that they'd seek further information from their client. I haven't heard from them since. They've broken the 12+2+30 day rule but I haven't challenged them on that yet.

The SAR I sent to AG was comprehensive and also requested a "true copy of the original signed agreement". I finally received a partial response to the SAR on 31/05/2014, more than 40 days after the request. The information didn't include a copy of the agreement or even an imitation of it. In AG's Guidance Notes they state that "This is not personal data which we process in your case. You may be entitled to a copy of this documentation if you make a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974". But I'm pretty sure I've already done this with the Rockwell CCA request.

The information did include a list of every payment I ever made to NCO and a log of every phone call I've made to them since 2007, plus other information. The Statement of Account starts with a balance of £4,756 and indicates that I've repaid £3,300 of that since 2007.

I won't be making any more payments towards this inflated debt and I'm quite happy to go to court and defend myself. I don't care about CCJ's or credit ratings because I now live within my means and don't use credit anymore. Even if they do manage to get a court judgement against me I'll plead to make token payments because I'm in receipt of sickness benefits, and that is not likely to change.

Right now I'd appreciate some advice on what my next step should be. I can try to post any document you request and I'll be sure to blank out any personal information.
    Tags: None

Re: Arrow Global Partial SAR Response

Welcome to LB
    Originally posted by edcat65 View Post
    In 2003 I obtained a Barclaycard through Littlewoods Personal Finance. In 2005 I reached the £1800 limit on the card and couldn't afford to pay it back. By the time the debt had passed to a DCA the balance owed had somehow ballooned to something over £4,000. This was probably due to fines for none payment and late payments, though I haven't investigated that yet and have no documentation from those days.
    :scared: :scared: :scared: That can't be right!

The debt passed through two DCA's before ending up with NCO Europe, and I started to make regular payments to them in 2007. Due to a lack of statements from NCO I lost track of how much I originally owed and how much I'd already paid back. The debt was purchased by Arrow Global in late 2012 but NCO was retained as the DCA.

After a dispute in February 2014 I chose to stop making payments. In early April 2014 I received a Notice of Assignment from AG stating that Rockwell were now the DCA and I should make payments to them in future. Within days I sent a CCA request to Rockwell and a SAR to AG. Rockwell replied promptly saying that they'd seek further information from their client. I haven't heard from them since. They've broken the 12+2+30 day rule but I haven't challenged them on that yet.
    What's the 12+2+30 rule? Normally it's 12+2 days for a CCA request, which only means the account is unenforceable while they are in default of your request.

Comment

The SAR I sent to AG was comprehensive and also requested a "true copy of the original signed agreement". I finally received a partial response to the SAR on 31/05/2014, more than 40 days after the request. The information didn't include a copy of the agreement or even an imitation of it. In AG's Guidance Notes they state that "This is not personal data which we process in your case. You may be entitled to a copy of this documentation if you make a request under the Consumer Credit Act 1974". But I'm pretty sure I've already done this with the Rockwell CCA request.
      That's often the case, although strictly speaking, the agreement IS personal data, since it would have your details on it, wouldn't it? What's not personal data is terms, which is the bit they may be referring to.

The information did include a list of every payment I ever made to NCO and a log of every phone call I've made to them since 2007, plus other information. The Statement of Account starts with a balance of £4,756 and indicates that I've repaid £3,300 of that since 2007.
      That would be the info you were looking for from a SAR, so it can't really be said to be incomplete. With regards to the agreement, I suspect they can't find it. :thumb:

Under the circumstances, I don't think there's any point in complaining about the SAR, as they seem to have sent you all the info they HAD.
      I won't be making any more payments towards this inflated debt and I'm quite happy to go to court and defend myself. I don't care about CCJ's or credit ratings because I now live within my means and don't use credit anymore. Even if they do manage to get a court judgement against me I'll plead to make token payments because I'm in receipt of sickness benefits, and that is not likely to change.

Right now I'd appreciate some advice on what my next step should be. I can try to post any document you request and I'll be sure to blank out any personal information.
      There's no need to remind them of your CCA request, the account is not enforceable until they send something compliant. As they haven't sent you anything, there isn't much you could post. If they do reply with something purporting to be your agreement, do post it up here. :typing:

If you don't get any response to the CCA request and someone contacts you about this account, do post up here so we can suggest a suitable reply. :ranger:

Comment

Thanks for the guidance. I'll just sit tight then and let them make the next move. If they send any demands I'll post them here so you can take a look.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X