• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Kafka v Yorkshire Bank

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kafka v Yorkshire Bank

This was a joint account opened arount 1981 and closed in 2001 following a major dispute over penalty charges and the withdrawal of an overdraft.

In reviewing the statements I have charges dating back to 1996, totalling around £1100. Adding OD and 8% interest to all of this brings the total to over £2000.

17 April - Prelim Letter sent
    24 April - fob-off letter from YB
    8 May - LBA sent

This claim is therefore ready to file for court.
    1. I need to clarify how this is presented in view of the fact that this is a claim exceeding the Limitation Act period. Is this simply reflected by a mention of the Act of Concealment and SYNTHESIS in the POC?
    2. Does this claim need to be done through N1 rather than MCOL because of the time period? I normally use MCOL because I do not live at my registered address. Alternately, can I serve N1 through a court at an alternative address?

Any advice welcome.

K.

Hi Kafka, don't mention the pre 6 years, let them do it in their defence.
    MCOL is fine.
    Nat West 1 £9k settled AQ stage.
    Nat West 2 £126 settled LBA
    HSBC practice run £1330.00 settled on the Court doorstep....almost.

Comment

Agreed Peed orf , don`t mention S.32 limitation , let them dispute it .

I would ask for disclosure of the Cynthesis calculations . It is one step further than asking for standard disclosure of true costs , because it has now been confirmed that they DO have a system in place to calculate true costs and as such have hard information that you are within your rights to ask them to disclose in court.
      Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Should the request for disclosure of the CYNthSYS calculations be in the POC?

There is so little speace there to add anything, so is there as concise form of words adequeste for this?

K.

Comment

Personally I'd go N1 everytime, there simply isn't room to add anything to the existing MCOL template POC.

Also you get direct communication from the court from the start, no waiting for transfer, no sending spreads by separate letter............I can assure that you'll feel much more in control.
          "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I have done N1 for all my claims and the court staff are very very helpful
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Fob off letter

Well.............

I have now received a thoughful fob-off letter from Sutcliffe Solicitors.

They have very kindly offered me £200 in F&FS, but needless to say I will be politely rejecting this in my inimitable style.

watch this space.....

K.

Comment

Good luck kaf..

im doing Yorkshire bank for my elderly retired neighbour who
                is incapicitated and a war vet.. out rageous that the banks take advantage of this peer group let alone everyone else...

Comment

Well the N1 was finally submitted at the local court today, after a lot of work.

The Particulars of Claim ran to 6 sides of A4, including Tool's arguments in support of going back more than the normal 6 years.

With the pre-6 charges included and some long interest calculations, this claim now amounts to over 2k.

This could be a very interesting model for claiming more than 6 years and I already have a business account that I intend to use the same arguments for.

WATCH THIS SPACE

Comment

Good luck Kafka ,

The POC has been a team effort I adapted it to suit your needs . I will be watching yours bvery closely as I have a similar pre 6 year claim to make but with a few little extras . Also using what we have in the pipeline will help too but that is to be revealed at a later date when finalised.

Keep us all posted Kafka and you know how to get hold of me if needed.

Comment

Just to let you know, that POC (or v close) was recently used against Lloyds........

Success came last week........
                      "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

I have just returned home and caught up with a mail backlog.

The claim was deemed served on 11 July.

I also received an earlier letter acknowledging that I had refused their offer of £200 in F&FS. They were planning to conduct an in depth analysis of my account, which would be difficult because they closed it 5 years ago. YB don't have much going for them, but at least they still have a sense of humour. The analysis was suspended due to their receipt of my claim and referred to their legal department.

No Acknowledgement of Service received yet.

K.

Comment

If and when you get a defence through Kafka , I would appreciate a copy so we can give it a good look over

Comment

YB filed Acknowledgement of Service on 19 July, stating that they intend to defend the whole claim. It was filed by the solicitors acting for the defendant (AQU Charges Section)

K.

Comment

Just an update on this to say that i have heard nothing further from the bank or the court. Service was 11 July, so the 28 days to submit a defence runs out on Tuesday 8 August.

If I hear nothing before that date I presume I file for judgement on 9th?

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X