• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Statutory demand from Lowell - WON!!!!!!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Statutory demand from Lowell - WON!!!!!!

Hello

I've just joint Legal Beagles and wanted to say hello to everyone on this forum..

My husband received a statutory demand from Lowell Portfolio (hand delivered) requesting immediate payment of a debt they had bought from Lloyds bank. He doesn't recall having such debt as it is quite a substantial amount, he does remember having a Lloyds credit card, but requested the account to be closed as soon as he noticed activities on the account he didn't recognised, all of this he remembered doing at 1 of their branch.
    This was about 5 hrs ago so he thought it had been resolved, until on the 19th May he received a statutory demand from a company called Lowell Portfolio demanding immediate payment!

I am very worried how this will affect me and my children, I am current requesting a legal separation from my husband, and that his share of our house be transferred to me and of course the children and car must remain with me, anyway he has agreed to all these terms. He is however very worried about this statutory demand and I have offered support to help him sort this out..
    I have written to Lowell on the 21st May (with my husband signing the letter) requesting for an original signed agreement with my husbands signature on it for this debt, so far no response!

Can any1 help to advise what my next step should be?
    I'm so worried and stressed out with this SD!
    Tags: None

Re: Statutory demand from Lowell

Hi

I've contacted Kate Briscoe from Howlett Clarke quality solicitors to ask for help, she's agreed to take on this case and will represent my husband, she's been such good help with advice, I wouldn't know where to begin to deal with this matter.
    Kate will be requesting to have the debt set aside.
    After speaking to Kate I feel I can relax now, she's very confident at what she does and have dealt with Lowell many times and have always won every case against them.

I will update every1 on what happens with the set aside application soon.

Thank you legal beagle!

Comment

Job done!!

QCK

Comment

All nicely in hand
        "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Hi all

Just wanted to update everyone on what's happening so far.
          My husband has a court hearing on 17th July, the court has ordered Lowell to produce all original signed contract agreement, default notice, statement of account and notice of assignment 7 days before the hearing.
          So the deadline for that is this evening, but so far we've received nothing!
          I spoke to Kate today, she's informed me that they want to negotiate to set it aside but with no fees! Of course Kate wasn't going to let them get away with that, Kate knows their tactics and confidently knows that she's got a winning hand here!

Will update everyone next week with the outcome of the court hearing.
          Fingers crossed that everything will be in our favour on the day!

Comment

I'm sure Tiger will be along shortly to update but happy to report that this case has been settled and the stat demand set aside.

Congratulations to Tiger :beagle:
            "Although scalar fields are Lorentz scalars, they may transform nontrivially under other symmetries, such as flavour or isospin. For example, the pion is invariant under the restricted Lorentz group, but is an isospin triplet (meaning it transforms like a three component vector under the SU(2) isospin symmetry). Furthermore, it picks up a negative phase under parity inversion, so it transforms nontrivially under the full Lorentz group; such particles are called pseudoscalar rather than scalar. Most mesons are pseudoscalar particles." (finally explained to a captivated Celestine by Professor Brian Cox on Wednesday 27th June 2012 )

I am proud to have co-founded LegalBeagles in 2007

If we have helped you we'd appreciate it if you can leave a review on our Trust Pilot page

If you wish to book an appointment with me to discuss your credit agreement, please email kate@legalbeaglesgroup. com

Comment

Re: Statutory demand from Lowell - WON!!!!!!

Hi

YES..YES..YES.. we've WON!!!!
              I'm so relieved and delighted to report to everyone that the SD has been set aside, Lowell's solicitors at the last minutes before the court hearing negotiated with Kate, to set the SD aside and to pay all fees! I can't thank Kate enough for all her work and advice so...a big 'THANK YOU KATE BRISCOE'

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
              Working...
              X