• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Desperate for help please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Desperate for help please!

Hi Wombats I found the information under 'mitigating circumstances ' on the council permit site. I have just emailed gareth hughes and given him the details. I also sent his chairman a 'signed for letter' the week before last but as yet have not received a reply. The ombudsman is aware of this also and has given me the details of the CIVEA to contact i received the letter to-day.

Comment

Originally posted by Penpushers View Post
      Hi Wombats I found the information under 'mitigating circumstances ' on the council permit site. I have just emailed gareth hughes and given him the details. I also sent his chairman a 'signed for letter' the week before last but as yet have not received a reply. The ombudsman is aware of this also and has given me the details of the CIVEA to contact i received the letter to-day.
      I still can't see this, but you seem happy with the route you're taking so not to worry. I fear that as the council site is very clear about the permit being for a vehicle NOT a person, you may face difficulties hence requesting a link.

Comment

CIVEA is a trade body that represents civil enforcement companies. They are not independent.
        Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

CIVEA will side with their EA buddy-pals, so progress a Formal Complaint through the council and when they arse about pass it to the LGO

Comment

Thanks for the reply bizzybob,I will do as you suggest, sounds like barristers club! sorry to sound stupid but this is all knew to me who is the LGO? Im the meantime my car is still clamped and no response from my email to Gareth Hughes.

Comment

Thanks for the reply bizzybob,I will do as you suggest, sounds like barristers club! sorry to sound stupid but this is all knew to me who is the LGO? Im the meantime my car is still clamped and no response from my email to Gareth Hughes.
              Local Government Ombudsman

Comment

thanks

Comment

Hi Wombats I've just looked on the Council website , my mistake sorry it states that the resident must produce a utility bill as proof of residency the car reg although the log book is not needed and the fee. It then, in the parking fines section says 'the council may' that is where I found it. It does however state the owner or registered keeper. Bit confusing as you have to live there to get a parking permit!

Comment

I know - I live VERY near!

Comment

Don't know if this is going to be helpful to anyone living in Cardiff and having problems with permits if they have borrowed a car and it is not registered to them, but quite by accident I found this ' Protection of Freedom Bill Fact Sheet- Part 3,Protection of Property from Disproportionate Enforcement Action' quite interesting!

Comment

Don't know if this is going to be helpful to anyone living in Cardiff and having problems with permits if they have borrowed a car and it is not registered to them, but quite by accident I found this ' Protection of Freedom Bill Fact Sheet- Part 3,Protection of Property from Disproportionate Enforcement Action' quite interesting!
                        That's great, but I think you forgot an attachment!

Comment

Will this do it
                          https://www.gov.uk/government/upload...heet-part3.pdf

Most interesting indeed.

Comment

Thanks bizzybob as you have probably realized I'm the computer challenged age x

Comment

Emailed bailiff company as my car is still clamped. Paperwork was put through the door stating 'by hand'. Bailiff with VERY LONG arms as I was in Rhodes on a holiday which was booked and paid for before husband was made redundant.

Comment

Hi Bluebottle,please could you tell me what I can do? my car is still clamped I have sent copy of log book,insurance, birthday gift card all in my name. I had a letter from MARSTONS stating that the bailiff 'assumed' the car belonged to my husband. ( I told him on his very 1st visit that it was my car) he had apparently done a check on the reg. the log book had already been sent to the DVLA and was in between registration. The morning he clamped it he did not bother to check or ask but just clamped it at 6.50 in the morning he was very quiet, didn't ring or knock the door. just put some paperwork through the door saying he was 'taking control' of my car. Despite phoning the council who issued the PCN against my husbands name, ringing the court writing to Marstons my car is still clamped. Its a classic car and has had to stand out in the rain when it is usually garaged. It was my 55th birthday present. It is right outside the back door being clamped I obviously could not move it in case of fire. If we needed to move furniture we couldn't. The letter stated that they can see there has been a change of ownership, what rubbish it has always been my car and he knows it. I use the car for my business, we live rural and buses are limited to about two a day. I emailed gareth hughes. I have also written. Can I sue if so please can you point me in the right direction. Thank-you for listening .

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X