• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Desperate for help please!

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Desperate for help please!

My son lives in a shared house in Cardiff. He needs a parking permit, the cost is £5 annually running from January to January. The car we had lent him was broken down outside his house the clutch had gone, no permit was in the window, my husband towed it to our home, we lent him two other family cars that were available while his car was being fixed.

His permit was in the window of both these cars, he didn't know the permit wasn't transferable. My husband who's name the cars are registered in was working in Chile. He received three parking fines in the post which were not opened until he returned two weeks later. My son doesn't visit very often so the next time he visited he was given the letters to sort out. He went to the Council they sent him to the court. They asked him to fill a form in, he did this it was returned-three separate forms needed, filled in three separate-they came back, three 'out of time forms needed' did that -they came back,now out of time!

For two years we have been trying to get a human being to listen to us, we sent £45x3 total £135 to be heard by a Judge, I enclosed a covering letter saying my husband was no where near Cardiff and if my son had been speeding 'he' would be the offender. My husband was at home in his chair! Apparently on the correspondence 'no reason has to be given for a refusal' I rang an adjudication offered on the internet-too late the very nice man told me and said it was probably because I enclosed a covering letter that my form was'chucked out'

Bank holiday Saturday we had a Bailiff from Marstons demanding £755 , we ask him how on earth could a £5 annual parking permit amount to this? He told us he would be back in two days with the police to collect our belongings, I ask how fair that was when no-one was at work until Tuesday not giving us time to contact anyone, we were terrified. To-day he returned he asked us to pay again, we said no we would like a judge to sort this out he said it wouldn't go to court and he would be back to levi our belongings and was giving us one last chance to pay.

We told him we couldn't and 'Step Change had given a printout to confirm my husband had been made redundant recently and we had twice as much going out as coming in' he said he had received the paperwork which I sent to him 'signed' for. He then got quite aggressive and said he could see he was wasting his time 'clicked ' something around his neck which was, he admitted a tape recorder, he hadn't ask if he could tape our conversation but then told us he had ' enough to go back to court' We were left bewildered-what happens next please- do we get to speak to a judge? that is what we would like. I don't think a judge in the land would go along with this. Any advise would be very welcome.
    Last edited by Amethyst; 29th May 2014, 18:58:PM.
    Tags: None

Re: Desperate for help please!

There used to be some stickies in this section regarding what to do in this situation. If site team read this they may be able to direct you to them. I know I've read them in the past.

If nothing comes of this post, feel free to pm me and I'll see if I can find out the information for you to post up here. I'll forget, so make sure you do pm if the relevant link isn't supplied in the next day or so.

Comment

Sorry Wales I'm not sure which stickies you mean.
      #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Not my post Ame y,ethinksou are working too hard

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
          Sorry Wales I'm not sure which stickies you mean.
          Sorry Amethyst, it was me. I thought I remembered seeing one about Magistrates' Court fines.

Comment

Someone needs to go to Specsavers.
            Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

Thanks for the reply Wombats. I've read about form N245 and N244 on this forum, would applying for either of these be any good do you think? The Bailiff told us it wasn't going to court then it was we just don't know what to do?

Comment

Was the permit from the Council?

Comment

Yes it was, it clearly states mitigating circumstances 'if a car is broken down' it was the clutch had gone but no one wants to listen. Thanks for replying.

Comment

This appears to be clearly disproportionate to the original debt. Marstons as usual will not care they just want thir fees. The Council regardless of anything they say are just as responsible and probably cannot or will not override what the computer says - in other words are completely useless. If it were me I would be asking my local Councillor(s) to intervene on my behalf - best initial contact should be made by phone.

Comment

I would phone your local member today they should remember that they are elected to serve the residents in their wartd, so should be prepared for an emergency on a Sunday. that way they can start the ball rolling at the council tomorrow. Their details will be on the Cardiff council website.

Comment

Or here:

https://www.writetothem.com/

Probably easier for you. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

Originally posted by Wombats View Post
                          Or here:

https://www.writetothem.com/

Probably easier for you. :tinysmile_twink_t2:

If the council carry on being numties you can copy the MP in on this from the likk Wombats provided

Comment

Thanks for the post Ploddertom, I have even written to the Prime Minister, got a letter back yesterday inviting me to contact the Welsh Assembly, said although they were very sorry, because it happened in Wales, nothing they could do! We phoned The Ombudsman and sent all of the details 'signed for' last week so we are waiting for a reply. Just dreading Marstons calling again, I really thought if he was going to tape our conversation he should have asked. Apart from the fact the man gives very conflicting accounts of what is going to happen, we are living on a knife edge and seem powerless to sort it out.

Comment

Which Ombudsman? Normally you have to exhaust all avenues of complaint before the LGO will look at it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X