• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

** DiScOnTinUeD ** BC/Lowell V Kelike28 ** WON **

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: BC/Lowell V Kelike28

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    No, don't need the exhibits as well just the WS xx Emailing is fine.

To attach to the thread there's instructions here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...700#post431700 (basically click go advanced, click the paperclip icon and upload) Documents usually fail if they are too big (over 4mb or 1000px wide/tall) or are .docx (we only go up to .doc )
    Hi. Just wondering if you got my ws by email? Thanks

Comment

No, don't need the exhibits as well just the WS xx Emailing is fine.

To attach to the thread there's instructions here http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...700#post431700 (basically click go advanced, click the paperclip icon and upload) Documents usually fail if they are too big (over 4mb or 1000px wide/tall) or are .docx (we only go up to .doc )
      Hi Amethyst. Any joy with lookin by over my witness statement? Just wondering if Ok or far off what it should be? Thanks

Comment

Also just reading the hearing letter again it says the Other side must make payment for it by 6th Oct. Am I allowed to call the court to ask if payment was made? As they say if it isn't the hearing will be removed. Does this mean just for that date or altogether cancelled?

Comment

I've got your email will work through it shortly xx

Yes you can call the court and see if they have paid / sent documents etc but remember they get a bit a leaway (just because) and they are likely to push it as far as they can.
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I only have the email copies with the EXHIBIT written on ( 7 attachments) but not the WS

On the emails their 'we can't send to an email address not in your name' is funny, as the email was sent to ummm an email address in your full name.
            #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

I only have the email copies with the EXHIBIT written on ( 7 attachments) but not the WS

On the emails their 'we can't send to an email address not in your name' is funny, as the email was sent to ummm an email address in your full name.
              Shows what clowns they are!! Shall try and upload my first thing to site. Hopefully you will see my WS very soon. I thought id emailed it so no prob. Lets see if this works.

Cheers

Comment

Didn't work. Hopefully you can do from the email i sent you. Cheers

Comment

Got it ta xxx
                  #staysafestayhome

Comment

You'll need to re-order it once you have added the dates in so it runs in date order.

IN THE xxxxxxxxxxxxxx COUNTY COURT

Claim No. xxxxxx

BETWEEN:
                    Lowell Portfolio I LTD
                    Claimant
                    - and –
                    Defendant
                    xxxxxx

WITNESS STATEMENT OF xxxxxx

I xxxxxxxx being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

1. I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim.

2. This claim is for a running credit agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I believe the account was opened in xxxxx, however I do not recall signing any credit agreement at that time and do not hold a copy of the agreement or terms of that agreement. The original account was opened with a company called 'Very'.

3. Between xxxxx and xxxxx I ordered goods to be delivered to me on an account basis and made monthly payments towards the account. No statement of account has been given to me by the Claimant so I am uncertain as to how the sum claimed has been arrived at.

4. On xxxxxxxxxx I made a written request to the Claimants for a true copy of the credit agreement under s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I enclosed payment of £1. [EXHIBITS C and D].

5. Consumer Credit Act s.78(1) states
                    Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement.(1)The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a)the state of the account, and
                    (b)the amount, if any currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

(c)the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

6. The Claimant has failed to comply with s.77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s.78(6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

7. Consumer Credit Act s.78(6) states;
                    (6)If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

8. On xxxxxx, in order to obtain more information about the claim, I made a written CPR request to the Claimant solicitors requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case [EXHIBITS A and B].

9. On xxxxxx, I contacted the Claimants by email [EXHIBIT E] to confirm my Acknowledgement of Service and to ask for an extension of time for filing my defence to the Claim in accordance with CPR 15.5.

10. I had a reply [EXHIBIT E.1] saying there could be no response by email for security reasons as the email address was not in the name they had for me. I explained that it is my maiden name which I now use and that I would like the claim form amending to show this. This request was not actioned.

11. The Claimant has mentioned the Credit Agreement, the Default Notice and the Assignment in its Statement of Case and yet it has provided none of these documents. The Claimant has not complied with my formal request for the Credit Agreement under s.78(1) and therefore is unable to enforce the debt at this time.

Statement of Truth

I, xxxxxx, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: ________________________________

Dated:
                    #staysafestayhome

Comment

You'll need to re-order it once you have added the dates in so it runs in date order.

IN THE xxxxxxxxxxxxxx COUNTY COURT

Claim No. xxxxxx

BETWEEN:
                      Lowell Portfolio I LTD
                      Claimant
                      - and –
                      Defendant
                      xxxxxx

WITNESS STATEMENT OF xxxxxx

I xxxxxxxx being the Defendant in this case will state as follows;

1. I make this Witness Statement in support of my defence in the claim.

2. This claim is for a running credit agreement regulated under the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I believe the account was opened in xxxxx, however I do not recall signing any credit agreement at that time and do not hold a copy of the agreement or terms of that agreement. The original account was opened with a company called 'Very'.

3. Between xxxxx and xxxxx I ordered goods to be delivered to me on an account basis and made monthly payments towards the account. No statement of account has been given to me by the Claimant so I am uncertain as to how the sum claimed has been arrived at.

4. On xxxxxxxxxx I made a written request to the Claimants for a true copy of the credit agreement under s.78(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974. I enclosed payment of £1. [EXHIBITS C and D].

5. Consumer Credit Act s.78(1) states
                      Duty to give information to debtor under running-account credit agreement.(1)The creditor under a regulated agreement for running-account credit, within the prescribed period after receiving a request in writing to that effect from the debtor and payment of a fee of £1, shall give the debtor a copy of the executed agreement (if any) and of any other document referred to in it, together with a statement signed by or on behalf of the creditor showing, according to the information to which it is practicable for him to refer,—

(a)the state of the account, and
                      (b)the amount, if any currently payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor, and

(c)the amounts and due dates of any payments which, if the debtor does not draw further on the account, will later become payable under the agreement by the debtor to the creditor.

6. The Claimant has failed to comply with s.77(1) of the Consumer Credit Act 1974 and by virtue of s.78(6) Consumer Credit Act 1974 cannot enforce the agreement.

7. Consumer Credit Act s.78(6) states;
                      (6)If the creditor under an agreement fails to comply with subsection (1)—

(a)he is not entitled, while the default continues, to enforce the agreement;

8. On xxxxxx, in order to obtain more information about the claim, I made a written CPR request to the Claimant solicitors requesting that the Claimant provides copies of all documents mentioned in the statement of case [EXHIBITS A and B].

9. On xxxxxx, I contacted the Claimants by email [EXHIBIT E] to confirm my Acknowledgement of Service and to ask for an extension of time for filing my defence to the Claim in accordance with CPR 15.5.

10. I had a reply [EXHIBIT E.1] saying there could be no response by email for security reasons as the email address was not in the name they had for me. I explained that it is my maiden name which I now use and that I would like the claim form amending to show this. This request was not actioned.

11. The Claimant has mentioned the Credit Agreement, the Default Notice and the Assignment in its Statement of Case and yet it has provided none of these documents. The Claimant has not complied with my formal request for the Credit Agreement under s.78(1) and therefore is unable to enforce the debt at this time.

Statement of Truth

I, xxxxxx, the Defendant, believe the facts stated within this Witness Statement to be true.

Signed: ________________________________

Dated:
                      Ok great, should exhibits also be in order, the date is the same for A, B, C and D so is it best to put A and B one before C and D, also is it right im not using exhibits F and G, H and H.1???? Do i need to put my address where my name is above paragraph 1? Lastly do i keep hold of this until 14 days prior to case or just send asap?

Thanks heaps.xx

Comment

Originally posted by kelike28 View Post
                        Ok great, should exhibits also be in order, the date is the same for A, B, C and D so is it best to put A and B one before C and D, also is it right im not using exhibits F and G, H and H.1???? Do i need to put my address where my name is above paragraph 1? Lastly do i keep hold of this until 14 days prior to case or just send asap?

Thanks heaps.xx
                        No need for address

Yes change your exhibits so they run in order. Yes add the others back in but can be under a general 'communication with the Claimant to find out further information' type paragraph.
                        #staysafestayhome

Comment

No need for address

Yes change your exhibits so they run in order. Yes add the others back in but can be under a general 'communication with the Claimant to find out further information' type paragraph.
                          Ok great. Have done. Shall send you for last glance over. If it's right do I send now or hold on until mid Oct?

Comment

I'd wait till 16 days before the hearing, just in case they come up with the credit agreement. If you send it now (as you need to send a copy to them as well) it might encourage them to make more effort finding it, so I'd wait.
                            #staysafestayhome

Comment

I'd wait till 16 days before the hearing, just in case they come up with the credit agreement. If you send it now (as you need to send a copy to them as well) it might encourage them to make more effort finding it, so I'd wait.
                              Ok fine. Wil pop it in my diary. Then will send on that date. Cheers for all your help you superstar. Wil keep you posted.

Comment

That's okay, any time. We might need to amend further if you hear anything else from them.

Looks good so far though xxxxx
                                #staysafestayhome

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                                See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                                X