• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Parking Eye Defence

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Parking Eye Defence

PE have filed county court papers against me and I need to submit a defense. Has anyone done this before and if so what did you reply with?
    Tags: None

Re: Parking Eye Defence

Nobody on here has been to court other than 1 person who had a case stayed pending the result in a case in Cambridge.

The defences i know about that have been entered are

kivsterdef.rtf
    raley.odt
    helpmepls1.rtf
    Grant007.rtf
    glendef.rtf

All similar but different. None tested in court as far as i know.

Decided cases http://www.parking-prankster.com/court-cases.html

M1

Comment

geordiedef.rtf
      carlydef.rtf

2 more as it's 5 attachments per post.

M1

Comment

Hi just last week I had a notice of a parking charge from Parking Eye for overstaying my welcome at an Aldi car park by just twelve minutes. I did buy some shopping at the store but - true to form I can't find the receipt!

So I rang the legal advice line (which I get as part of my house insurance). The legal rep I spoke to said that by parking in the car park I'd agreed to their 'contract' ie given on the notices around the car park and that if I had breached the terms on the notice I need to pay up. I was surprised that I don't need to give any actual consent to the 'contract' by putting a ticket in my car or by signing something - but apparently that is not necessary - if I don't pay Parking Eye have the right to pursue me through the small claims court for the parking charge plus their costs - Kerr ching.......

There is no option to talk to anyone at Parking Eye to negotiate paying a portion of the charge - £40 for 12 minutes is really a nonsense - but to put an end to it I'd pay £20 - but with no way of contacting a human being who works for Parking Eye to discuss it I'm a bit scuppered.

Their charge letter is really unclear as to whether the fine goes up if after appealing you are still able to pay the lower amount, if the appeal was lodged within 14 days, or whether it becomes the higher amount because by default the 14 days in which to pay the lower amount have elapsed by the time the appeal is looked at.

Time for a petition to get these companies off supermarket car parks - if supermarkets want to charge us for parking to use their shop they should do so by asking us to buy a ticket fair and square!

Comment

Originally posted by Sally C View Post
          Hi just last week I had a notice of a parking charge from Parking Eye for overstaying my welcome at an Aldi car park by just twelve minutes. I did buy some shopping at the store but - true to form I can't find the receipt!

So I rang the legal advice line (which I get as part of my house insurance). The legal rep I spoke to said that by parking in the car park I'd agreed to their 'contract' ie given on the notices around the car park and that if I had breached the terms on the notice I need to pay up. I was surprised that I don't need to give any actual consent to the 'contract' by putting a ticket in my car or by signing something - but apparently that is not necessary - if I don't pay Parking Eye have the right to pursue me through the small claims court for the parking charge plus their costs - Kerr ching.......

There is no option to talk to anyone at Parking Eye to negotiate paying a portion of the charge - £40 for 12 minutes is really a nonsense - but to put an end to it I'd pay £20 - but with no way of contacting a human being who works for Parking Eye to discuss it I'm a bit scuppered.

Their charge letter is really unclear as to whether the fine goes up if after appealing you are still able to pay the lower amount, if the appeal was lodged within 14 days, or whether it becomes the higher amount because by default the 14 days in which to pay the lower amount have elapsed by the time the appeal is looked at.

Time for a petition to get these companies off supermarket car parks - if supermarkets want to charge us for parking to use their shop they should do so by asking us to buy a ticket fair and square!
          Appeal which they'll probably reject and then appeal to pola and win.

Dear sirs,

I, as registered keeper, wish to invoke your appeals procedure. The driver was displaying a blue badge. In any event your charges are penal and not a genuine pre estimate of loss.

I am under no statutory obligation to name the driver and will not do so.

PLease accept my appeal or supply a popla code.

Yours etc

Should the reject your appeal then edit this popla appeal to suit http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...-Appeal-Letter

Does it work ? Yes http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...pany-victories

M1

Comment

Just found this page on that site http://www.parking-prankster.com/sample-defence.html

If I explain what happened and attach the rest of that document would that be a good stab?

I did pay for a ticket but don't have evidence of it, and never received a letter before claim so I have put this into an openning paragraph and pasted the sample defense.

Comment

Sure would. It's pretty decent on it's own but each carpark is different. Look for spots were there are no signs etc. Add as much to the basics as possible.

M1

Comment

If you were displaying a Blue Badge, the Equality Act 2010 requires Aldi and Parking Eye to make reasonable adjustments, which means they must allow you more time to get around inside the store, get back to your vehicle and load shopping into the vehicle. Has Parking Eye produced any photographic evidence? It is very easy for someone to allege you have parked longer than they claim, but the onus is on them to substantiate their allegation. Sooner or later, I can see someone turning round and taking Parking Eye to court and a judge splattering Parking Eye all over the walls of the courtroom. They've got it coming to them.
                Life is a journey on which we all travel, sometimes together, but never alone.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                Working...
                X