• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Behalf of a friend

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Behalf of a friend

Hi all just posting for a friend he has a son whos 4 months old he split with the mother over a year ago. Arrangements were made to see his son every now and again at first then they fell out and she said he wasn't allowed to see him again until she said otherwise. So she got in touch about a month later saying he could see his son every monday for an hour at her house whilst shes there this was again fine for 3 weeks they have another argument and she says he can't see the baby now. He is on the birth certificate what can he do?
    Tags: None

Re: Behalf of a friend

Hi there,
    if i was your friend i would get some legal advice for starters i would also keep a diary of dates of whats has been happening if he was to go the legal route he could go for a contact order which would give him access to his son. As the courts like father to have contact

Comment

As said above, the legal route is to go for a contact order. The link below gives details of the process, however it is much better for everyone if something can be agreed between the two parents. Perhaps pointing out there is a legal way of doing it as he is named on the birth certificate and thus has parental rights might 'encourage' her to be more reasonable about the access. Here is the link though:

http://www.separateddads.co.uk/conta...s-process.html

Comment

Hi there,

I think its changed now with regards to family law i think you have to do mediation before going to court

Comment

Yes, you could very well be right - thanks for correcting me. I know mediation is generally encouraged, of course avoiding court action and reaching an amicable agreement is the best option still.

Comment

These things often turn nasty, so make sure everything is in writing. Do not email and avoid the telephone wherever possible. Log the calls that you do make and take a note of the content. Lay a trail with a view to future legal action.

Comment

She won't agree to mediation and he has told her there is a legal way and she doesn't care because he can't afford courts.

Comment

Hi Froot,

the best for him then is to get a free 30 minutes with a family lawyer i the cost is under 200 to get also he go for a contact order if she not prepared to be for coming in the matter does your friend work at all ?
                http://www.family-lawfirm.co.uk/Chil...ct-Orders.aspx

try this link

Comment

There is a section here for people who cannot afford the court costs with some suggestions. It may be worth pursuing those and if you draw a blank going to fnf themselves to ask what more you can do:

http://www.fnf.org.uk/help-and-support/read-me-first

Comment

Hi there,
                    As ststed there enough help out there but you have to put the leg work in the courts in general want both parents to have contact with the kids. All the best to your friend

Comment

court is not good option, its better to sit together and consult with each other for finding most appropriate solution.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                      Working...
                      X