• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Cabot/Fraud help

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cabot/Fraud help

I am currently in the process of trying to clear up my credit rating/file after a disastrous 10 year relationship and bad money management during that time. Its coming up to 6 years that I have been credit free or so I though, the ex of said 10 year relationship felt the need to open up various credit accounts in my name, from a credit card with Capital One, to 2 phone contracts (orange and T-Mobile), a few catalogues (SimplyBe&Next) even the odd book club etc at both the family home (after I moved out) and my last address (he no longer knows where I live). I have already managed to get Capital One to remove the default noted against my account and I now have a CIFAS logged also.

Anyway to the current issue at hand, today I received a letter from Cabot Financial, which consisted of 3 pages the first was dated 12th May 2014 the first page holds lots of information from Cabot's reference, original lender, that account number, the amount I currently owe, any arrears, minimum payment, credit limited and the date the account was opened, the second page is a statement of account, which is dated the 7th May and the 3rd is a blank page and a payment slip.

I am a little confused as the account in question was opened in 1997 belonging to Next (quiet probably my original account I opened when I was 18 so nothing to do with above potential fraud) its states that I currently owe £0 the account is in £0 arrears, £0 minimum payment and a £0 credit limit. Then it goes on to state that the letter is my agreement with Cabot for the period covering 1st November 2013 until 30th April 2014 and I need to make minimum payments to avoid my account going into arrears? Ive checked my credit file this morning and I do have a default on my credit file with Cabot which dated back to 2005 and has a default date of 2008 with a balance of £153. When I originally checked my file it was on my list as potential fraud by my ex as I don't remember opening anything in 2005.

I am at a loss of what to do next so any help would be gratefully received!
    Tags: None

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
Working...
X