• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Advantis credit ltd

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Advantis credit ltd

A couple of years ago i was diagnosed with cancer, so at the time i wrote to all my creditors due to the extreme situation.

Everyone wrote off the debt, except littlewoods who said they would review it in 6 months. (but at the time i was unaware of the 6 month bit)

Anyhow i moved house and early in 2013, around April or May, out of the blue i got a letter from Lowell, who i told - the debt was void, as far as i knew it had been written off - and then asked them to prove i owe a debt. All they sent was a copy of my credit agreement. Which just proved i had a contract, but nothing about an actual debt. So i totally ignored them.

Yesterday im opening post and i get a letter from Advantis credit ltd, which looks suspiciously like a court summons lol. they say pay up or a doorstep visit or court action.

Well if Lovell couldnt take me to court - as there is no debt - how do they propose they are going to manage?

I rang them up and told them i had no debt, i even offered to send them some pictures of penguins via email to amuse them while they whistled in the wind for a debt not owed.
    Tags: None

Re: Advantis credit ltd

Originally posted by blanker View Post
    A couple of years ago i was diagnosed with cancer, so at the time i wrote to all my creditors due to the extreme situation.

Everyone wrote off the debt, except littlewoods who said they would review it in 6 months. (but at the time i was unaware of the 6 month bit)

Anyhow i moved house and early in 2013, around April or May, out of the blue i got a letter from Lowell, who i told - the debt was void, as far as i knew it had been written off - and then asked them to prove i owe a debt. All they sent was a copy of my credit agreement. Which just proved i had a contract, but nothing about an actual debt. So i totally ignored them.

Yesterday im opening post and i get a letter from Advantis credit ltd, which looks suspiciously like a court summons lol. they say pay up or a doorstep visit or court action.

Well if Lovell couldnt take me to court - as there is no debt - how do they propose they are going to manage?

I rang them up and told them i had no debt, i even offered to send them some pictures of penguins via email to amuse them while they whistled in the wind for a debt not owed.
    A court summons would look like the one opposite, I have received a few letters from Advantis and they look nothing like that. If what you received is a court summons, then you have to act quickly, as you only have 14 days to acknowledge service.

If it's a letter from Advantis, then I'd say they are pretty toothless in my experience. :grin:

If you have written confirmation that the debt in question was written off, you may want to send them a copy of that letter. It's best to keep it all in writing rather than discussing things over the phone. :typing:

Comment

Re: Advantis credit ltd

This really does not sound like a court summons at all. The advice given by Flaming Parrot is spot on, and I emphasise please stay off the phone and keep everything in writing for the avoidance of doubt.

To me it sounds like a spineless DCA making a poor attempt at debt collection by trying to scare you with an official looking letter. The thing is, if you are still ill you should not be receiving this or having to deal with it.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X