• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

life insurance advice

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• life insurance advice

my partner and i are not married but we have a joint life insurance policy. My partner has a child. My question is if either of us passed away would the other recive the insurance payout, as a friend of mine could not claim a policy due to not bieng next of kin.

thanks

kevin
    Tags: None

Re: life insurance advice

Without reading your policy (in case of an odd wording) I would not expect any problems in the policy paying out to the survivor if one of you dies.

After all joint life policies are used in all sorts of situations where there are interdependent relationships where if one "life" dies the other will face financial hardship e.g. business partners.

These policies are not solely applicable to married or co-habiting couples.

I wonder if your friend had a "joint life" or "individual" life policy. If it was an individual life policy it would need to name the beneficiary in the event of death, otherwise the payout would be part of his estate, which (with no will in existence) is distributed according to strict rules which would not include an unmarried partner.

Comment

Re: life insurance advice

Originally posted by kevinmol View Post
      my partner and i are not married but we have a joint life insurance policy. My partner has a child. My question is if either of us passed away would the other recive the insurance payout, as a friend of mine could not claim a policy due to not bieng next of kin.

thanks

kevin
      I understand it, these kinds of questions definitely rise in mind of many peoples. It totally depends on your requirements are priorities. There are certainly many types of insurance policies and each of them having its own premium rates. I remember when I purchase my wife term insurance I consult with SPAM LINK REMOVED I find customized insurance quotes with complete details. Since we all know that life is uncertain and each everyone of us will died one day. So insurance policies help a lot in delivering the financial freedom to our loves one. I am sure you will understand my point of view.

Regards,
      Mullen

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
      Working...
      X