• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Originally posted by Tools View Post
    You have send me a link to that one, pleeeease
    Are you asking me to send you the email address of the email I posted above? Or was this addressed at CrazyCouncil? :confused2:

Below is today's latest installment, it was headed URGENT BUSINESS FROM SPAIN.

Dear Friend.,

I am Cristian Balcells an Attorney at Law, working with the above named law firm in Barcelona, Spain.

Initially, I tried to contact you through an email but it returned undelivered probably due to incomplete address; hence I decided using normal letter posting as the only option unexplored.

I am writing to notify you of the INVESTMENT PROPOSITION of Firas Tlass, son of Mustafa Tlass, the former defense minister under Hafez al Assad – who defected on 12 March 2012 to Paris.

My client Firas Mustafa Tlass, is a Syrian business tycoon and a member of a significant Sunni family who had close relations with former Syrian President Hafez al-Assad, but defected to the Syrian opposition during the Syrian civil war.

He has surplus funds for investment in the amount of twelve million; five hundred thousand United States Dollars (US$12.5 Million) currently kept under trust with a financial institution in Spain. This institution will be made known to you if you deem my proposal satisfactory.

We are compelled to taking this step as the present regime in Syria is presently hunting the investments of both civilians and military personnel who have lost fate with the BASIR Al ASAD government.

Now that my client is presently on political asylum in France, there is little or nothing he can do to handle huge investment funds as because of corruption probes of associates of the Bashir Al Asad Regime abroad.

It is in this regard that I decided to solicit your assistance, by presenting you with this investment proposal so that you can be appointed as the investment partner of Firas Mustafa Tlass who will take possession of the deposit in Spain for onward investment in any viable business in any part of you world that you deem safe.

NB: This transaction is very confidential and 100% risk free as I prepare the Investment Management Agreement and proper letter of authority backed by affidavit of change of beneficiary to enable you act as the manager of the deposited funds in Spain.

This transaction shall be executed under legitimate and legal procedures that will protect you from any breach of both local and international Laws.

Therefore, do not hesitate to revert back to me, either via fax or email, with the following details if my proposal interests you: A signed copy of this letter, reconfirmation of your address, your telephone and fax numbers.

Best regards,
    Cristian Balcells
    Abogado(Attorney At Law)

Comment

I regularly get emails from overseas addressed to "Professor" and my full name. I would add that I work at Cambridge University so it goes direct to my email addy. Had they bothered to take not of the english word for "Domestic Staff" they might work out that I might be a professor of Flash(not the weirdo type) and I might be able to teach the duster a few things but I am definitely not a "Professor".

I'm currently getting spam telling me about the fact that I am due in court in various states of the US which is SPAM.

I'd post em up but I just delete them without looking.
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Phishing email of the day. I've never had an account with the Nationwide and, by the looks of it, neither have they! :lol: :lol:
        Dear Nationwide Account Holder,

There is a pending Credit payment into you account from our account department for security reasons invalid records we would require you to confirm your account status and profile on file with us before this transfer can be completed.

This can be done in 2 simple steps using the reference provided below.

Confirm Incoming Payment - Linky went to steadcraftdulcimers.com/wp-includes/js/jcrop/default.php

Please accept our apologies for any inconvenience this action may have caused

Yours sincerely,
        Online Customer Service

Comment

Now this one's a first for me, just arrived. The linky was to a zip file that no doubt would have contained something juicy inside.

I've not used faxes in over 10 years!
          INCOMING FAX REPORT : Remote ID: 973-899-3996
          To: flamingparrot
          Date:
          28/05/2014 15:53
          INCOMING FAX REPORT

Date/Time: Wed, 28 May 2014 09:10:04 GMT
          Speed: 4839bps
          Connection time: 03:04
          Pages: 7
          Resolution: Normal
          Remote ID: 973-899-3996
          Line number: 6
          DTMF/DID:
          Description: Internal only

To download / view file please click here

Comment

Just had one, allegerdly, from Fedexpress,, apparently I have an urgent package waiting for me with my winnings from the state funded lotterey all I have to do is to pay them the release fee of 165 dollers and send them confirmation to name age etc.....now what WOULD I spend it on ! :nono:
            Last edited by dogtired; 29th May 2014, 03:44:AM.
            Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

am getting loads on older email addresses at the moment with very old trojans in them that wont works on most moderns OSs or browsers..

I use a setup of wine on linux with a few tweeks to allow them to think they can attack the systems, and over 50% over the lst few weeks would only have any chance of working on XP totally unpatched... some of them look like win2000 variants... total rubbish..

I recon that one 419er has sold another 419er a bunch of old email addresses with a hacking kit so old , that i have had to look at the waybackwhen internet archives to find the keys ...

Its a shame it would be a criminal offence but that would be one way to get them back, sell them loads of preped email addresses with a high tech but tweaked exploit kit, let chaterbots and autoresponders vailidate the emails, to them, the emails will be valid target with any checks they do, but all the email addresses would be yours, manged by the CBs and ARs KERRCHING.... if only
              crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Central. Bank Of Nigeria.
                (Governor)
                +234-8170703645.

Sir

I am Mr Godwin Emefiele. The Executive Governor, Central. Bank Of Nigeria. I decided to contact you because of the prevailing security report reaching my office and the intense nature of politics in Nigeria.

This is to inform you about our plan to send your fund to you via cash delivery.This system will be easier for you and for us. We are going to send your contract part payment of US$10. Million to you via diplomatic courier service.

Note: The money is coming on 2 security proof boxes. The boxes are sealed with synthetic nylon seal and padded with machine. This fund was brought to us from America.

But since the money was not used, I will use my position as the Executive Governor,Central. Bank Of Nigeria. to send this fund to you. The boxes are coming with a Diplomatic agent who will accompany the boxes to your house address. All you need to do now Is to send to me your full house address and your identity such as, international passport or drivers license including your contact phone numbers, The Diplomat will make use of your information to identify you and as a receiver. He will call you immediately he arrives your country's airport. I hope you understand me.

Note: The diplomatic does not know the original contents of the boxes. What l declared to them as the contents is Sensitive Photographic Film Material. I did not declare money to them please. If they call you and ask you the contents please tell them the same thing Ok.

Call me on my direct mobile: +234-8170703645. and will let you know how far I have gone with the arrangement. I will secure the Diplomatic immunity clearance certificate that will be tagged on the boxes to make it stand as a diplomatic consignment.

This clearance will make it pass every custom checkpoint all over the world without hitch. Confirm the receipt of this message and send the requirements to me immediately you receive this message.

Please I need urgent reply because the boxes are schedule to be delivered as soon as we hear from you. Call me immediately you receive this message.

Best Regards,

Mr Godwin Emefiele
                Central. Bank Of Nigeria (Governor)
                +234-8170703645

Comment

We need your help resolving an issue with your account :
                  Dear,

To give us time to work together on this, we've temporarily disrupt what you can do with your account until the issue is resolved.
                  We understand it may be frustrating not to have full access to your PayPal account. we want to work with you to get your account back to normal as quickly as possible.
                  What's the problem ?
                  It's been a little while since you used your account. for reasons relating to the safe use of the PayPal service we need some more information about your account.
                  Case number: PP-024-357-737-614
                  It's usually quite straight forward to take care of these things. most of the time, we just need some more information about your account! or latest transactions.

1. Download the attached document and open it in a browser window secure.
                  2. Confirm that you are the account holder and follow the instructions.

Yours sincerely,
                  PayPal
                  Help Centre | Safety Advice

Please do not reply to this email because we are not monitoring this inbox. To get in touch with us, log in to your account and click "Contact Us" at the bottom of any page.
                  Copyright © 2014 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
                  Société en Commandite par Actions
                  Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxemburg
                  RCS Luxemburg B 118 349
                  PayPal Email ID PP12687
                  #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

Dear customer,

Just log in to Online Services using the memorable word and passcode which you set up when you registered for the service. You'll then be asked to verify

your information otherwise, your account will be disabled. Please click the link bellow:

htt ://barclays.co.uk.default81185181817.com?m=c3VzaXBlcE Bhb2wuY29t

:tinysmile_twink_t2:
                    Last edited by Tools; 1st June 2014, 13:38:PM.

Comment

Miss FM. Be carfull with that link..... Its not just phishing, it seems to be trying to call some java, haven't had time to look at it fully but my system has freaked out at one of the images the page is trying to load..

Think i just confirmed it, the file is jq.js there is coded adding during the call up to a JS lib.... If anyone has clicked on this, just clear the cookies and browser histroy fo rthis site should be safe. Possibly, they are trying to connect up IP addresses, to email/persons...
                      Last edited by Crazy council; 31st May 2014, 13:14:PM. Reason: adding stuff
                      crazy council ( as in local council,NELC ) as a member of the public, i don't get mad, i get even

Comment

Originally posted by Crazy council View Post
                        Miss FM. Be carfull with that link..... Its not just phishing, it seems to be trying to call some java, haven't had time to look at it fully but my system has freaked out at one of the images the page is trying to load..
                        Thanks CC! Don't worry, I did smell a rat and binned it:tinysmile_kiss_t4:

Comment

Value Customer,

We have encountered difficulty verifying your account
                          information, due to the error on your account.

We would like you to verify your account information.

Log on to fix this problem, this will only take a few minute.

We implore you to match your information's correctly
                          during this process.

Online Service Team
                          Halifax Bank plc
                          Linky removed by me, it pointed to : mattfind.com/12345673215-3-2-3_includes/reflex/qy.htm which is very obviously a part of the Halifax. msl: msl: msl:

If they improved their English a little, they would probably be a tad more believable! :tinysmile_hmm_t2: I start getting suspicious when a bank implores me to match my information's correctly! Never mind the fact I've never had an account with the Halifax, I guess the fact I used to work in one of their buildings (not for them though), is enough to establish a relationship between us.

Comment

Had receive lots of these before, for the past two years. New in my inbox this morning:
                            HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC)02/06/2014

TAX REFUND NOTIFICATION

Dear Sir/Madame,

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of 304.73 GBP
                            Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-9 days in order to process it.

To access your tax refund, please follow the steps bellow:

- download the Tax Refund Form attached to this email
                            - follow the instructions on your screen

A refund can be delayed for a variety of reasons. For example submitting invalid records or applying after the deadline.

Revenue and Tax Administrator

HM Revenue & Customs
                            Tax Credit Office
                            PO Box 1970
                            Liverpool
                            L75 1WX

TAX REFUND ID: UK3239489-HMRC

© Crown Copyright, HM Revenue & Customs
                            Idiots can't even spell "Madam" correctly! msl: msl:

Comment

Least you didn't get offered a 'refvund'. :P

Comment

Very good report just been on BBC news about botnets and gozeus virus set...

Basic summary from expert, AV software is usless, and if your on windows your :@#@><ed, and if you want to keep anything safe, unplug your pc from the net.

Nice and refreshing;y honest.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X