• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Please post all examples of spam or phishing emails and messages here so others can see examples of what to avoid.

This also helps if people search the internet to check if they are unsure.

Remember to remove all links from the message by highlighting the link and pressing the unlink button (world symbol with red cross through it) in the options bar above.
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Tags: None

Re: Please post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamawar

Classic HMRC refund one below and advice from HMRC on these (see link)

Note the misspelling of 'refund'

Email:

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/security/reporting.htm

Recognising and reporting phishing/bogus emails

What is a phishing email?

Phishing is the fraudulent act of emailing a person in order to obtain their personal/financial information such as passwords, credit card or bank account details. These emails often include a link to a bogus website encouraging you to enter your personal details.
    The guidance below may help you to recognise a phishing email.

Remember:

• HM Revenue & Customs (HMRC) will never send notifications of a tax rebate by email, or ask you to disclose personal or payment information by email.
    • To be completely safe from phishers, do not select links in emails. If in doubt, close your browser, reopen it, and type the web address for the site you want to visit directly into the address bar.

How to report HMRC related phishing/bogus emails

If you have received a HMRC related phishing/bogus email, please forward it to phishing@hmrc.gsi.gov.uk and then delete it.

Comment

Re: Please post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamawar

A rather feeble one purporting to be from Sky.

Dear Sky Mail User.

Your account was signed in from unknown location. Please click here to verify your account to avoid closure.

Sky Customer Services Team.
      Url in click here link (obfuscated) was not to a sky site, but to a free web hosting company.

I reported the web page a a phishing one to the host who quickly took it down.

Comment

Dear ,
        We have detected that you have paid too much tax in the past, due to an official error.
        Therefore HMRC applied ESC B41 to issue a repayment for tax years which are now
        out of date under the strict statute.

Please completely fill out the form above. Accurate information is necessary so that we
        may process your request faster.

2014 © Crown Copyright (Personal and Corporate Tax Refund Center PCTRC) All rights reserved.
        #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps

Comment

I get lots of these kind with a .zip file attached to ''view the message'', I'm either extremely popular or they're virus scams....I'll go with virus scams then

'' Sender: +07747-976-326
          Date: 2014-05-05 13 : 26 : 27 UTC.
          Text: I love you too!
          ID: CE5575759506C5. ''
          #staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Comment

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
            I get lots of these kind with a .zip file attached to ''view the message'', I'm either extremely popular or they're virus scams....I'll go with virus scams then '
            Yep. Virus or trojan or other malware will be in that zip.

Comment

A fake eBay phishing email
              Attached Files
              Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

pod report 05.05.2014-79950497.zip

Download

Dear Customer,

Please find attached your requested Proof of Delivery (POD) Download Report

.................................................. .................................................. .................................................. .....................................
                �For creating, printing and posting your next day mail�
                click here to realise the savings that you could make
                Please consider the environment before printing this e-mail or any attachments.
                This email and its attachments may be confidential and are intended solely for the use of the individual to whom it is addressed.
                If you have received this message in error, please notify us and remove it from your system. Any views or opinions expressed are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of UK Mail Group Plc or any of its subsidiaries.
                UK Mail Group Plc is registered and incorporated in England.
                Registered Office: Express House, 120 Buckingham Avenue, Slough, SL1 4LZ, United Kingdom.
                Registered Company No.: 02800218.
                #staysafestayhome

Comment

Re: Post up and share your examples of spam phishing emails messages #scamaware

Next Day Air SaverTo Me

May 11 at 8:40 PM

USPS.COM

Notification

Your parcel has arrived at May 7th, 2014. Courier was unable to deliver the parcel to you.

Print your label and show it in the nearest post office to get a parcel.

Then a link to 'PRINT SHIPPING LABEL'

Print Shipping Label

I think not lol

Comment

Identical to the one last week. One today, supposedly from a company called Gem Legal which had a " free" zip file that would, allegedly, start a training course for how to avoid money laundering.
                    Did not take up the offer, but there is such a company and a legitimate looking web site.
                    Originally posted by Amethyst View Post

Dear ,
                    We have detected that you have paid too much tax in the past, due to an official error.
                    Therefore HMRC applied ESC B41 to issue a repayment for tax years which are now
                    out of date under the strict statute.

Please completely fill out the form above. Accurate information is necessary so that we
                    may process your request faster.

2014 © Crown Copyright (Personal and Corporate Tax Refund Center PCTRC) All rights reserved.
                    Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

I started a thread last year with some rather amusing examples: http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...152#post404152

Comment

As I have lots of email addresses and my personal one has been around since 2001, I get heaps of emails!

Fresh off the press today:

Hello!
                        I am writing this mail to you With due respect, trust and humanity, I appeal to you to exercise a little patience and read through my letter, I feel quite safe dealing with you in this important message, I sincerely writing this email to you with pains, tears and sorrow from my heart, I will really like to have a good understanding with you and i have a special reason why i decided to contact you, I decided to contact you due to the urgency of my situation.

My name is Lori Nyzio writing you from hospital bed, Therefore this message is very urgent. I have a donation to make which I will need your assistance to carry it out for me, I will be 62 years old this coming month, I'm a widow and a servant of the lord for the past 38 years in Ivory Coast.

I have sum of $5.4 Million, Five Million Four Hundred Thousand United States Dollars with my late husband Mr. Daniel Nyzio, I want to give it out to Orphanages homes and Charity Organizations as a vow which I made before the lord.

I have a serious lung and breast cancer and will be going for surgical operation next two weeks, though the doctors already confirmed that I will only last for some months but I am happy and glad that the lord has kept me safe and guided me to accomplished my desires here on earth, I will be happy to meet him where he wants me to be.

I want you to contact my house helper, I have given him the documents and he will direct you to a lawyer who will help you to make a change of ownership for the fund transfer.

Bernard T. Coulibally.
                        Address: Ave 16 Treichville,
                        Abidjan 11, Cote d'Ivoire.
                        Email: bytraore@ymail.com

He will give you the documents and will direct you to the lawyer that will assist you,

This is the favor I need from you when you received the money under your control.

(1) Give 10% of the money to Bernard T. Coulibally as he has been here for me throughout my illness and I have promised to support him.

(2) Give 60% of the money to Charity organizations, Orphanage homes and Churches e.t.c, on my name so that my soul may rest in peace.

(3) The remaining 30% should be for you and others that you may wish to assist.

May God give you a good heart to assist me for the benefit of suffering children and use you to accomplish my wishes.

Remain Blessed.
                        Mrs. Lori Nyzio.
                        OK Beagles, 30% of $5.4m = $1.8m, I shall be donating 30% of that to LB upon receipt of the cash, how's that for generosity?

Comment

This one's short and sweet, but even more $ub$tantial than the above:

Hello, I am a banker with HSBC in Malta. I have an interesting business proposal for you that will be of immense benefit to both of us. Although this may be hard for you to believe, we stand to gain 7.2 million USD between us in a matter of days. Please grant me the benefit of doubt and hear me out. if interested Do contact me only at my private email address: privatepots1@gmail.com Best Regards.

Comment

This one rings a bell, I think I'd received it before, but it's just arrived again at 20:43 tonight
                            Federal Bureau of Investigation
                            Counter-terrorism Division and Cyber Crime Division J. Edgar. Hoover Building Washington DC JAMES B. COMEY

Attention Beneficiary,

Records show that you are among one of the individuals and organizations who are yet to receive their overdue payment from overseas which includes those of Lottery/Gambling,Contract and Inheritance. Through our Fraud Monitory Unit we have noticed that you have been transacting with some impostors and fraudsters who have been impersonating the likes of Prof. Soludo/Mr.Lamido Sanusi of the Central Bank Of Nigeria, Mr. Patrick Aziza, Bode Williams, Frank, Anderson, none officials of Oceanic Bank, Zenith Banks, Kelvin Young of HSBC, Ben of FedEx, Ibrahim Sule, Dr. Usman Shamsuddeen and some impostors claiming to be The Federal Bureau of Investigation.

The Cyber Crime Division of the FBI gathered information from the Internet Fraud Complaint Center (IFCC) on how some people have lost outrageous sums of money to these impostors. As a result of this, we hereby advise you to stop communication with any one not referred to you by us. We have negotiated with the Federal Ministry of Finance that your payment totaling $5,900,000.00(Five Million Nine Hundred Thousand Dollars). will be released to you via a custom pin based ATM card with a maximum withdrawal limit of $15,000 a day which is powered by Visa Card and can be used anywhere in the world where you see a Visa Card Logo on the Automatic Teller Machine (ATM).

We guarantee receipt of your payment. This is as a result of the mandate from US Government to make sure all debts owed to citizens of American and also Asia and Europe which includes Inheritance, Contract, Gambling/Lottery etc are been cleared.

To redeem your funds, you are hereby advised to contact the ATM Card Center via email for their requirement to proceed and procure your Approval of Payment Warrant and Endorsement of your ATM Release Order on your behalf which will cost you $250 Usd only and nothing more as everything else has been taken care of by the Federal Government including taxes, custom paper and clearance duty so all you will ever need to pay is $250.00 only.

Lord Ruben (ATM Card Center Director)
                            Central Bank of Nigeria
                            Central Business District,
                            Cad astral Zone, federal
                            Capital Territory,Nigeria.
                            ATM Card Center Director Lord Ruben
                            Email: bar-lord-ruben@secretarias.com
                            Phone: +234-810-109-8678

Do contact Lord Ruben of the ATM Card Center via his contact details above and furnish him with your details as listed below:

FULL NAMES: __________________________________
                            DELIVERY ADDRESS FOR ATM CARD: __________________
                            SEX: _______________
                            DATE OF BIRTH: __________________
                            TELEPHONE NUMBER: _____________________
                            EMAIL ADDRESS: _____________________

On contacting him with your details your file would be updated and he will be sending you the payment information in which you will use in making payment of $250.00 via MoneyGram or Western Union Money Transfer for the procurement of your Approval of Payment Warrant and Endorsement of your ATM Release Order, after which the delivery of your ATM card will be effected to your designated home address without any further delay, extra fee.

JAMES B. COMEY
                            DIRECTOR
                            FEDERAL BUREAU OF INVESTIGATION
                            UNITED STATES DEPARTMENT OF JUSTICE
                            WASHINGTON, D.C. 20535
                            Phone Number: +1 (206) 259-9114

Note: Disregard any email you get from any impostors or offices claiming to be in possession of your ATM card, you are hereby advice only to be in contact with Lord Ruben of the ATM card center who is the rightful person to deal with in regards to your payment and forward any emails you get from impostors to this office so we could act upon it immediately. Help stop cyber crime.
                            You guys may want to forward ALL your scamware/phishing emails to Lord Ruben!

Comment

I am also a " member" of a smaller forum which has live web cams for monitering a pair of Falcons and their chicks.
                              Someone, yesterday, managed to hack the site and it looks like qute a few got a private message similar to the one posted earlier by Flaming Parrot
                              It was acted on very quickly by the web master of the site and the forum was only down briefly.
                              Just checked e mails now another this time asking me to invest in bit coins, have saved it in trash and will try and post up later when I have worked out how to disable any links !
                              Last edited by dogtired; 13th May 2014, 02:24:AM. Reason: adding content
                              Never give up, Never surrender.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X