• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

SAR - Getting your Information. ( Subject Access Request / Data Protection Act )

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• SAR - Getting your Information. ( Subject Access Request / Data Protection Act )

You can make a subject access request to find out what data is held and how it is used. You may make a subject access request before exercising your other information rights.
    You can make a subject access request verbally or in writing. If you make your request verbally, we recommend you follow it up in writing to provide a clear trail of correspondence. It will also provide clear evidence of your actions.
    An organisation has one month to respond to your request. In certain circumstances it may need extra time to consider your request and can take up to an extra two months. If it is going to do this, it should let you know within one month that it needs more time and why.
    A copy of your personal data should be provided free. An organisation may charge for additional copies. It can only charge a fee if it thinks the request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’. If so, it may ask for a reasonable fee for administrative costs associated with the request.
    Letter template

[Your full address]
    [Phone number]
    [The date]
    [Name and address of the organisation]
    Dear Sir or Madam
    Subject access request
    [Your full name and address, any previous address/names and any other details to help identify you and the data you want.]
    Please supply the data about me that I am entitled to under data protection law relating to: [give specific details of the data you want, for example:
    [• my personnel file
    • emails between ‘person A’ and ‘person B’ (from 1 June 2017 to 1 Sept 2017)
    • my medical records (between 2014 and 2017) held by ‘Dr C’ at ‘hospital D’
    • copies of statements (between 2013 and 2017) held in account number xxxxx.]
    If you need any more data from me, or a fee, please let me know as soon as possible. It may be helpful for you to know that data protection law requires you to respond to a request for data within one calendar month.
    If you do not normally deal with these requests, please pass this letter to your Data Protection Officer, or relevant staff member. If you need advice on dealing with this request, the Information Commissioner’s Office can assist you. Its website is ico.org.uk or it can be contacted on 0303 123 1113.
    Yours faithfully
    [Signature]

#staysafestayhome

Any support I provide is offered without liability, if you are unsure please seek professional legal guidance.

Received a Court Claim? Read >>>>> First Steps
    Tags: None

Re: SAR - Getting your Information. ( Subject Access Request / Data Protection Act )

I am asking for a sar from a rank plc. Regarding a personal injury claim, they had two other company's involved working for them on their behalf. Loss adjusters and a claims management company. Both of the company's that were working for them have information about me , which they have told me they have but say they can not release it without permission from rank plc. My question is will I be given all the information from rank plc that the other two company's hold on me, meaning will rank plc have this information or will I have to make two more sar to the other company's. The information I am after is all about the way the case was handled. I didn't have any legal advise at the time and need to know if they handled it in the right way, from the start of my claim to the end. Should they have given me certain advise and if so would I have signed to say they had advised me on this. I would be gratefully if I could get a bit of advise from someone on this, could someone advise me on what to ask for on the sar and how best to write it.

Thanks.

Comment

Re: SAR - Getting your Information. ( Subject Access Request / Data Protection Act )

yes 100% providing you include their names in your SAR(saves them delaying it)
      "Family means that no one gets forgotten or left behind"
      (quote from David Ogden Stiers)

Comment

Thank you for your advise.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
        Working...
        X