• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Ebay seller threatening claim

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay seller threatening claim

Hi and apologies if this is in the wrong place, I haven't actually received a claim yet.
    I purchased an item on eBay and returned it, at seller's cost, as it was faulty. Seller now claims it is working, and is pursuing me for her seller fees + postage, totalling under £10. If I don't pay she will claim through MCOL.
    Having no experience of these things, should I be worried? I cannot now prove the item is faulty.
    I realise it's a tiny amount but I am concerned re costs if it does escalate!
    Many thanks in advance
    Tags: None

Re: Ebay seller threatening claim

What was the item and in what way was it faulty?

In the original listing what was their policy regarding returns? Did they offer a replacement?

Has any feedback been left either way?

Have you or they lodged a dispute with ebay?

For a £10 claim it would cost them £25 to submit the claim which if successful they could add to the claim. They should try to resolve it through ebay first and if you feel you are in the right then you have nothing to worry about
    Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

IF WE HAVE HELPED YOU PLEASE CONSIDER UPGRADING TO VIP - click here

Comment

Thanks for your reply.
      I already opened, escalated and won a case through eBay for this item. The seller, a private seller, stated no returns in listing but as it was faulty I had no option.
      It was a computer accessory which I found to be non working, she now disputes this, says it is working fine and she will appeal to eBay and if unsuccessful will pursue me through small claims. I've received a further email about this so I suspect eBay have not helped her.
      I'm loathe to give in but as it is now my word against hers I don't know how it will be judged. She is also threatening to report me for fraud!

Comment

Sorry I missed a question - Neither of us have left feedback, I didn't want to antagonise her further!

Comment

I would just ignore them tbh - sounds like they're using scare tactics. You have gone through the right channels and exercised the buyer protection from ebay and they have ruled in your favour. Nobody in the right mind would take anyone to court for under £10 - they would be laughed out of it!

It's up to you if you want to leave feedback - but if they try tactics like this then other buyers need to be warned - that is the idea of feedback.

Meanwhile.......

Ignore - Ignore - Ignore. :lol:

Foxy

Comment

Couldn't have put it better myself Foxy
            Any opinions I give are my own. Any advice I give is without liability. If you are unsure, please seek qualified legal advice.

Comment

Thanks so much, you have put my mind at ease! - am I to understand that it's not as straightforward as her making a claim with MCOL, me disputing it (which I will), and then the case automatically going to a court hearing - ie. the court doesn't have to give her a hearing just because she has filed a claim? It would seem a ridiculous waste of resources over <£10!

Agreed, I'll definitely be adding feedback once this has blown over, just don't want to give her any more reasons to email me right now!

Comment

If they do issue a claim then by all means ask for more help. In the meantime have a good read around the forum at other areas that may interest you.

Comment

Trust me...ignore her and leave negative feedback. .other buyers are relying on you to give an honest accurate account of your transaction.

If she doesn't like it...tough!!

Forget about it..you've got your money back..job done.

Foxy

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.

Announcement

Collapse

Support LegalBeagles

Donate with PayPal button

LegalBeagles is a free forum, founded in May 2007, providing legal guidance and support to consumers and SME's across a range of legal areas.

See more
                  See less

Court Claim ?

Guides and Letters

Search and Compare fixed fee legal services and find a solicitor near you.

Find a Law Firm

Working...
                  X