• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

Unregulated Loans Campaign

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Lenders are abusing exemption clauses to make loan agreements fit into unregulat

Originally posted by Amethyst View Post
    With regards the differences, I meant simply why does a loan being unregulated mean it is detrimental, what are/were the rules as to whether a loan falls into unregulated pre and post 2008.

We also need a couple 'human interest' case studies. (there's plenty on here but would need permission off OP's) If we do this we do it properly as a campaign to have as much affect as we can.

Possibly move these last few posts into the campaigns section to work on it ?
    I would be very grateful if we could have a collective post for this type of motion with an "eye candy" heading not specific to an organisation/institution..............much to be written much to be done in an industry getting away with . Big advances could be on there way as more information becomes available ( & it is), more needs to come from our MPs, more questions need to be put to the FCA, more pressure needs to get the FOS in line with current proceeds, these people work for "joe public" & are not doing their job (in my opinion) they need to be told not just from me with my little hammer banging on a big steel door.............its vital people know there is a way forward & not be fobbed off with the current quite antiquated stance.

This is no "get out" its purely a request for fair treatment/regulation & support for those who need it because currently no ownership/responsibility topped with ignorance is costing the few & to many mistakes/injustices are bound to & have happened.

I do think things will improve but at the current rate of knot's, not soon enough hence a "push" is justified & in my opinion totally necessary.

Comment

Re: Lenders are abusing exemption clauses to make loan agreements fit into unregulat

Blemain Finance

I am going to get everyone involved councillor's MP's and other authorities I need you people to help me too please

like many others I have had problems with this company and still have. Its left me and my family in a very bad state aswell as being depressed and very ill

I would like everyone suffering to help make a stand against them and make ALL the relevant authorities aware I have started the petition and drafted it with a few points if someone can help me add some valid points and and emails to where to send the petition hopefully this may help us all if we get enough complaints and emails out

https://www.change.org/en-GB/petitio...ionate-charges

Comment

Re: Unregulated Loans Campaign

http://www.legalbeagles.info/forums/...air-terms-quot

There is this link as above to report the obvious if any interested parties aw:

Comment

I will definitely sign this.

Comment

Could anyone confirm the significance of the Pre 2008 date as my agreement is Nov 2007

Comment

Originally posted by veryannoyed View Post
              Could anyone confirm the significance of the Pre 2008 date as my agreement is Nov 2007
              http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/2...chedule/2/made

PROVISIONS COMING INTO FORCE ON 6TH APRIL 2008
              Removal of financial limits etc.

Transitional requirements on dates between the legislation introduction in 2006 & the above are not at all clear at the moment, the safe bet is to view it from 2008 but we have had a Judge look at this on an unregulated loan of June 2006, the question has been put to the FCA but no clear answers yet forthcoming.

Comment

Interested in what is being looked at by a judge and by the FCA. I was under the impression that any agreement made before April 2008 for any value was now covered for unfairness as per CCA as long as the agreement is still running. Between April 2006 and April 2008 any agreement regulated or unregulated was covered for unfairness under CCA 2006 but only up to the financial limit (£25000) which was then lifted in April 2008. This counts for any agreement prior those dates, regulated or unregulated, if they are still active but it is limited only to the sections concerning unfairness.

Comment

Has anyone any experience of ActionFraud, the Admin department of the Fraud Squad in the City. It seems they accept complaints and if they think a Fraud has been committed, which
                  misrepresentation is, then they investigate, and have powers so to do. I do have experience with the Financial Ombudsman and am not hugely impressed, I only hope ActionFraud are
                  more thorough and powerful. Date protection gets in the way too, because if we could all have access to others similarly scammed, it would create a bigger case, and investigating and
                  bringing to justice would be easier.

Comment

Action fraud................sorry no, everything else yes & still ongoing :tinysmile_twink_t2:

Comment

I made a real documented report to Action Fraud about a Fraud by Misrepresentation some 18 months or more ago about Swift Advances and updated it several times........NOTHING was done about it to my knowledge.
                      Action Fraud is about as much use as the FOS.
                      It was Action Fraud who designated what I reported a s a Misreprentation in the first instance and told me to make an official report.

Sparkie

Comment

This lot died a death then............................I think that there is still much to do here & it is real shame that "second charge" is still bottom of the list.

There has never been a better time to complain & bring some/all of the abuses alleged against the providers to public knowledge & put pressure on regulation to do their job.

Comment

I don't think much will happen without a lot of pressure . Remember cameron and his cronies either work for these type of people or are financed by them.

Comment

Originally posted by seduraed View Post
                            I don't think much will happen without a lot of pressure . Remember cameron and his cronies either work for these type of people or are financed by them.
                            There lies a "clue" in that word "pressure".........................they are wrong & know it & the irony is that they work for us.

Comment

I have read many of the stories on here concerning this lot Together/Blemain and would sign any petition in order to bring this lot into the public eye they ruin lives, I personally hate them and wish I'd never got the damn loan in the first place. I reckon I'll pay back around £150k on a £40k loan and thats meant to be fair?:mad2:

Comment

Originally posted by Fred View Post
                                This lot died a death then............................I think that there is still much to do here & it is real shame that "second charge" is still bottom of the list.

There has never been a better time to complain & bring some/all of the abuses alleged against the providers to public knowledge & put pressure on regulation to do their job.
                                My case is up for mediation this week so I will let you know how I get on. Will be represented by a barrister so hopefully they will not be able to get away with pulling the wool over my eyes.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                                Working...
                                X