• Welcome to the LegalBeagles Consumer and Legal Forum.
    Please Register to get the most out of the forum. Registration is free and only needs a username and email address.
    REGISTER
    Please do not post your full name, reference numbers or any identifiable details on the forum.

council tax problem

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: council tax problem

sorry i call them children but to me they are very proud mother syndrome

Comment

Originally posted by enaid View Post
      They are not children Phoe they are 4 working adults
      ooo arrrrrrr.... working adults but still non-dependents.

Just for reference:

non-dependents are classed as not:

....being a partner
      ....a dependent child
      ..... foster child
      ..... anyone who is jointly liable for CT ( joint tenant for example)
      ..... someone who lives in the property as a carer for a voluntary body.
      ..... boarders, sub tenants licensees

A person who is not in one of the categories of people who is not a non dependant (above) will be a non-dependent.

Comment

Originally posted by loobyloop View Post
        things getting a bit jumbly i am not saying i dont want to pay council tax i agree i do there are four adults working and when there wages are taken into account 2.67 aweek is taken of my bill because we are on benefits i am totally fine with this . what i am saying is they are trying to bill me twice for court costs which i think they cant do,does anyone agree
        totally agree

Comment

Originally posted by loobyloop View Post
          things getting a bit jumbly i am not saying i dont want to pay council tax i agree i do there are four adults working and when there wages are taken into account 2.67 aweek is taken of my bill because we are on benefits i am totally fine with this . what i am saying is they are trying to bill me twice for court costs which i think they cant do,does anyone agree

Yes! See post #8.

I am sure you can sort this out on Monday.

Comment

i agree enid it is a mistake but i have rang them to explain they told me to put it in a letter which i did and they still say got to pay 48.00 again,so i am going in to see them face to face and see if i can make them understand .

Comment

once again a big thank you to you all hope to be telling you the outcome on monday must go and get the dinner on

Comment

..... and sorry if it seems like I'm going elsewhere.

You see........ I wanted to find out whether you were getting ALL the benefits you are entitled to.
                If you don't inform them of everything that may entitle you to a benefit, they wont include it.

I still don't understand why they have added £119 to the bill.
                Has your household circumstances changed this year???

Speak to them on Monday and ask them to explain to you face to face.
                As Cetelco said, the £48 is for recovery up to the stage a liability order is issued, which you have paid. No further order has been received.

And as a so called amendment to the bill, surely this would give you your statutory rights back to pay it in monthly installments. (as it wasn't part of the original bill)

just my thoughts

Comment

Hi, loobyloop.

Can I just ask a simple question, has the property you live in had any alterations so as to make coping with yours or other family members disability easier. This can include a downstairs bedroom, a downstairs shower/bathroom room. A specially adapted kitchen or wheelchair access. I ask this because under the laws on council tax and disabilities if there have been alterations to a property to accomodate a disabled person, council tax rebate can be claimed.

Please check out the information in this link to Disability Alliance UK.
                  http://www.disabilityalliance.org/ben5.htm

Best wishes,
                  Hod..Liam..
                  Borrow money from a pessimist -- they don't expect it back.

Comment

yes i believe we are getting the right benefits the 119.00 extra is because my daughter finished college in the june and started full time work and i told them this at the time but they didnt ammend the bill at the time and have now noticed this therefore they have billed me .It is very confusing when there are so many of them as they have all been to uni or college and each time the amount you have to pay is amended,but i have informed them every time something about my kids has changed so that we can be on top of it all.And no we havent had to have any alterations to the house my husband has artheritis of the spine but manages to get about for now and he is also being treated for severe depression and panic attacks which they think was bought on by his illness.So now i am trying on my own to deal with all our finances which is new to me as he use to do it .

Comment

Hi Looby,
                      I expect we have confused you , but it is certainly not intentional people just want to help.
                      I think your Council tax is right going off my household, I have my husband on DLA and a daughter with learning difficulties. I am her carer so can only earn a small wage to enable me to get CA. I have a son who up till now was working full time and we couldn't get any council tax relief at all.
                      I think it's just a matter like has been said the £48 has been added again by mistake.
                      If they still insist you owe this when you go on Monday, I would ask them to put it in writing and then come back to us and it will be sorted I'm sure.
                      I can see your situation is not an easy one, if there is anything else you need help with just ask. It can been done in private too if you so wish Enaid x

Comment

thanks enid im sure i will get it sorted, but you just panic about these things i kept reading everything and i am sure i am right but its nice to have people to talk to as a sounding board and put things right in your own mind.

Comment

Hi everyone went to council today and yes they had made mistake by adding on the court costs all sorted,that is until the next lot at begining of april when they will probably mess it all up again.thank you all for yor help and reassurance now to concentrate on my credit card claim with cap 1.

Comment

Glad your sorted with that problem, just post your info on the Cap 1 forum and if you need any help shout out. All the letters are here that you will need and credit card claims are not affected by the OFT case. Enaid x

Comment

thanks just waiting on statements should be here this week then fingers crossed might get some good look for a change.

Comment

View our Terms and Conditions

LegalBeagles Group uses cookies to enhance your browsing experience and to create a secure and effective website. By using this website, you are consenting to such use.To find out more and learn how to manage cookies please read our Cookie and Privacy Policy.

If you would like to opt in, or out, of receiving news and marketing from LegalBeagles Group Ltd you can amend your settings at any time here.

If you would like to cancel your registration please Contact Us. We will delete your user details on request, however, any previously posted user content will remain on the site with your username removed and 'Guest' inserted.
                              Working...
                              X